AVS Forum banner

cant get video-in signal to work on my nec 6pg

487 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  draganm 
#1 ·

hello

i have worked out a quiet allright picture on my 6pg running through rgb to vga.

But if i connenct my playstation (1;) to the nec using a bnc to cinch kable absolutly nothing happens at all. i tried to create a new video imput channel but that didnt help it. i dont get it, am i doing something wrong here (again;) or is my video in may mest up. aja, and i did switch from s-video to video..

any thoughts?

thanks and

bw christoph

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamookee  /t/1501249/cant-get-video-in-signal-to-work-on-my-nec-6pg#post_23986651

But if i connenct my playstation (1;) to the nec using a bnc to cinch kable absolutly nothing happens at all.

bw christoph
what's a Cinch cable? please use these terms

http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamookee  /t/1501249/cant-get-video-in-signal-to-work-on-my-nec-6pg#post_23986724

öhhh, a composite video cable to bnc (did it myself such as middlestring to middlestring and outer to outer..guess thats right..)

bw christoph
where did you plug the composite cable into, the 6PG does not come standard with the composite/S-video board?
Quote:
The 9 Pg series in each model usually came stock with the point convergence board and the video/S-video board. The 6 series did not come with those boards, which can cause confusion when a new owner of a set finds the video and S-video inoperative even though the input selection will show in the menus.

#6 ·
why would you want to watch composite video at 8 feet wide though (or at any size). I think you would be shocked at how horrible it will look. Find an old Fury 1 HDMI to RGBHV converter, they usually sell for 50 bucks although are still very popular and sell quckly. (the new Fury 3 is $300.+) Then you can watch 720P instead of 480 i;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.