Looking for HDMI Moome Input Card for Sony G70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, yes, yes... I realize I can buy this new for $350 here http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm but I'm hoping someone has one that they don't want anymore and are willing to sell it at a lower price. I'd really like the newest version v3.

Background info: I was just given the G70 projector last week by a neighbor for a case of beer. I haven't tested it yet so Im not sure on hours of tubes but he claims it worked great- they're moving soon.

Currently I have a EH Marquee 8000 bolted to the ceiling with problems- I've been neglecting it for 2 years- thought about fixing.

Planning on replacing it with the Sony. A year ago I was forced to buy a flat panel for the family to watch the Superbowl at the house. I hated every second of it. Returned it 2 days later.

Long live CRTs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2014, 07:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Before you spend any money, pull the lenses off the tubes and check the wear. EVERYONE claims 'mint' or 'perfect' tubes... as the saying goes.. if I had a nickel.....

G70 tubes show wear in as little as 800 hours, so some wear is expected, but let's see how good/bad they really are.

Finding HDMI cards on the used market is a bit tough, as most people that bought them are still using their CRTs. I get them in once in a while, but always sell them with sets that I sell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CRT tech info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-pro audio website
post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Before you spend any money, pull the lenses off the tubes and check the wear. EVERYONE claims 'mint' or 'perfect' tubes... as the saying goes.. if I had a nickel.....

G70 tubes show wear in as little as 800 hours, so some wear is expected, but let's see how good/bad they really are.

Finding HDMI cards on the used market is a bit tough, as most people that bought them are still using their CRTs. I get them in once in a while, but always sell them with sets that I sell.

I'll pull the lenses and take pictures asap to show you.

Keep me in mind if you have a used one to sell. Thank you.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I could have swore there were some listed on the videogon website before it was taken down. Maybe you'll have to resort to eBay or Craig's list and be patient. Not to go off topic but I had been waiting to locate some flat crystal pieces for a chandelier and luck would have it some Czech pieces popped up on eBay. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Sucks that they took down Videogon.

check with this guy, it's a V2 though. but he might still have it.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34702&highlight=sony+moome+card

Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page