Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Barco Data 600: unknown condition

Hey guys,
I got a used Barco Data 600 for free some time ago, but the Tubes just won't light up, though
I soldered the "Remote"-Board, which didn't really do anything either.

Apart from the fan, some high-pitch noises and a few internal LED's, it doesn't seem to do anything.
I also tried playing around on / fully disconnecting the Convergence-board, but apart from the high-pitch noise changing to something a bit buzzing (when the hor amp poti goes into low position), no difference.
When pressing the switch near/on the testsignal generator, the high-pitch noise goes away for some time, but that's all.

(Also, one red LED and one green LED light up, as well as three orange ones near the RGB-knobs on the right side. All of the Tube's bases light up a little orange when turned on)
(checked all obvious fuses)
(haven't looked into the black box adjecent to the 35KV Transf.)

Stuff:
Barco data 600 + Barco Rgb-TTL-EGA-Conversion-box thinghy (connected via 4 coax + remote cable) + self-soldered "remote" (checked +17V)
(no VGA-Rs232 cable so far, as i won't build one if none of the tubes light up)

Multimeter, analog Oszi (if necessary), Barco Data 600 Manual, some EE-Student skills

Got the manual from curtpalme.com, will be looking through the service manual soon.
Any hints?

--Thomas

EDIT:
According to http://www.curtpalme.com/Troubleshoo...ps_Barco2.shtm the red LED might indicate a bad V/H-Card?
Does anyone know wich components are especially damned to fail (apart from capacitors&fuses?)
Do i really need to disconnect all tubes individually according to http://www.curtpalme.com/Troubleshoo...s_Barco3.shtm? (during power-off, reasonable safety-time for cap-discharge)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140804123610089.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	196018   Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140804123616599.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	196026   Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140804123821408.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	196034   Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140804123833057.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	196042  

Last edited by hiaschey; 08-04-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-04-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If the red light on the focus board isn't on, the set is probably working. The little plugin remote on the back is mandatory as that controls the brightness and contrast. I have one or two kicking around if you're missing it, or are unsure if it works. Also, you need an RGBHV input signal for the set to do anything.

Why not join the forum on my site, there's lots more people there.

I've thrown out all BArco 600 parts last year, as no one had these sets anymore, but it doesn't sound like you need much, if anything for this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CRT tech info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-pro audio website
post #3 of 5 Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, i'll try soldering a EGA-VGA adapter according to http://www.ambery.com/db9todbadca.html and have a look at your site's forum.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-10-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wait, why? Don't plug a VGA signal into that 9 pin port, that's for the little 'remote' box for the brightness, contrast, etc controls!

- CRT tech info

-pro audio website
post #5 of 5 Old 08-10-2014, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Na-ah!
That's what the 15 pin connector is for, which is labeled "Projector controls" and for which i built that remote, according to a pdf on your site. (see my 1st pic)

There are two Ega inputs, one being 1x 9pin connector (INP B), and the other one (INP A) being 2x 9pin connectors.
I plan on using INP B, as it features much of the pins in that link i posted (except for low/high lights and csync, which i'll leave out. The pins have a different order, too)

Last edited by hiaschey; 08-10-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: edited
Reply CRT Projectors

Tags
600 , barco , data , projector , unknown

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page