Need Moome Help - Sony G90 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 08-06-2014, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Exclamation Need Moome Help - Sony G90

I bought a Moome card a while back. Tech installed it, card never worked. No lights, no power, nothing. Switched it out with Moome and got one that at least lights up. Trouble is my Tech can't get picture out of it. I trust this guy, he has a ton of industry experience and helped me fix up a TON of my G90 as it aged.

We tried the card in both B and C slots. Switching it with my RGB card I use with my computer. The projector sees the card is there, both ports light up as if they are working but I couldn't get picture with my cable box (time warner) or my PS3. We tried messing with the PS3 settings as well since I read the 24hz can be an issue.

Just looking for some 'getting started' help so I can finally switch my projector to HDMI. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Read the manual regarding the buttons on the remote that normally aren't used (on the Moome remote). I had this issue, and it was a setting via the remote. I had 2 cards that acted dead like yours, sent them both back to Moome, and both were OK, and just needed a button pushed on the remote. Can't remember which button, sorry!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #3 of 12 Old 08-07-2014, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

I'll check into that again. You are talking about the Moome remote, right? Not the remote for the projector?

Is it something about holding down the 'D' button?

Thanks!
post #4 of 12 Old 08-10-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, the Moome remote, and yes, something like that.

post #5 of 12 Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Tried everything I could find in manuals and on forums. Can't get a picture to show up. No one on the Forum remembers how to get a picture out of the moome card?

Really need some help.

Thanks.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-11-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Contact Moome to get it sent in for repair. No one else can repair these.

post #7 of 12 Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

The card isn't broken. It responds and the projector recognizes it. I am plugging my PS3 directly into the card, no receiver pass through or anything, I have 24hz turned off but I can't get anything to show up. It feels like a synch issue. Of all the people on this forum no one has set up a moome card?
post #8 of 12 Old 08-17-2014, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

This is where we stand

My tech was just going over the projector and Moome card again.

The moome card is in and is recognized. We checked the signal from 2 HDMI cables and sources. One is Time Warner cable through a receiver and one is a PS3 directly plugged in. We double checked the signal through a computer monitor and they both work.

On the card both Link LEDs are green. Indicating there is a signal.

Switch button on the card does nothing. The links never turn orange. Using the '1' and '2' buttons on the remote the card chirps and the LED on the links never turn orange indicating an input is selected (according to the manual).

the DET LED is supposed to turn yellow when an input signal is active. We can also not get this to happen. Whether we use the switch or the remote, or the input '+' '-' keys on the remote.

We think we don't have a picture because no input can be selected. Are we missing something? I feel there is a setting or something somewhere that just isn't set.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyhawk View Post
Switch button on the card does nothing. The links never turn orange. Using the '1' and '2' buttons on the remote the card chirps and the LED on the links never turn orange indicating an input is selected (according to the manual).
if the manual switch on the back of the card doesn't actually switch between sources then the card is broken. If you followed all these instructions and can get not picture then that would confirm the card is broken as well.
http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/ifb_fh...1_20140228.pdf
Only other possibility is the projectors internal input isn't set to "see " the card but I thing I can't imagine your tech. overlooking this. On page 11 it says to install the card in either B or C slot, then go into the Service mode, for B or C slot set input as "RGB Mode" in the projector service menu. Finally set input clamp as H/C mode. I'm guessing you did all this ?

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #10 of 12 Old 08-19-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Did all those steps for both the B and C slots.

Sadly it looks like I'm back to begging Moome to actually do their job and provide customer service. 2 cards, several hours of tech time, and almost a full year later and still no HDMI. I am starting to get very frustrated. Is there an alternative to Moome? A different brand?
post #11 of 12 Old 08-19-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyhawk View Post
I am starting to get very frustrated. Is there an alternative to Moome? A different brand?
well I can understand how you feel, if I had that many problems I would be pissed off too. The only other good alternative I know off is the HD Fury stuff, it's not an internal card like Moome that's made specifically for your machine but an external dongle. With a G90 I would get the best one they offer, although I think their stuff is way over-priced personally

http://www.hdfury.com/product-catego...oducts/3dfury/

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #12 of 12 Old 08-19-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

both Craig and I have used DOZENS of Moome cards with zero issues, in fact, failure is rare. First off, hardly anyone looks here any more, everyone is on my forum, you might get more help there...

Also this:

The card isn't broken. It responds and the projector recognizes it. I am plugging my PS3 directly into the card, no receiver pass through or anything, I have 24hz turned off but I can't get anything to show up. ....

doesn't mean your Moome card is good. Why not send it in to Moome? turnaround time is usually 3 weeks, probably faster if sending from the US, and you'll find out for sure if the Moome card is good or not. Otherwise you can always send Craig or myself both your RGB input board and the Moome card, and we can test it. Call it $75 incl return shipping from me, I don't know what Craig would charge.

Reply CRT Projectors

Tags
g90 , hdmi , moome , Sony , vph-g90
Gear in this thread