G70 - Add a Moome Hdmi card? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-17-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
G70 - Add a Moome Hdmi card?

So I came here today looking for how to get rid of my G70. The kids are wanting to game in the theater and we havn't really upgraded anything in years. I was thinking about getting a benq w1070 so I could get hdmi and 3d.

I've had the projector for about 9 years with no trouble out of it. Getting the hdmi/3d upgrade for 1/2 the cost of a new projector would be nice, but I also see some people struggling to get it to work - which I don't want to deal with.

With kids and school and sports, I don't have a lot of free time, so I'm quite torn on the idea of attempting an upgrade that might not work. I think I'm answering my own question, but maybe you guys will talk me out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchilders View Post
So I came here today looking for how to get rid of my G70. The kids are wanting to game in the theater and we havn't really upgraded anything in years. I was thinking about getting a benq w1070 so I could get hdmi and 3d.

I've had the projector for about 9 years with no trouble out of it. Getting the hdmi/3d upgrade for 1/2 the cost of a new projector would be nice, but I also see some people struggling to get it to work - which I don't want to deal with.

With kids and school and sports, I don't have a lot of free time, so I'm quite torn on the idea of attempting an upgrade that might not work. I think I'm answering my own question, but maybe you guys will talk me out of it.
I should add that - I didn't even know I could add HDMI to my G70 until I found this forum again a few hours ago!
post #3 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I used HDFury 1 and then HDFury 2 with my G70 but that was quite some time ago.... It did work lovely...I was happy with 1080p from it too.

Gaming seems a sad fate for the G70 though... maybe buy a cheap 3D digital optima ... that should rule for games and cost less to run. ... Just a thought.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchilders View Post
the number of people having problems with the Moome card are very few, maybe 1 in a hundred. He has sold thousands of cards, and I have read a handful of posts where people have had trouble with them. IMO, the cards have become too complicated for some people to operate and that was a result of people clamoring for " more features, more control" That was all fine and dandy for the die-hard video guys but most people don't even know what 0-255 or 20-235 color space is. Personally I wouldn't replace a G70 with a POS BenQ. The JVC RS series would be a good option though
you can ask for more opinions here

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewf...00038b04a02d2e

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
Reply CRT Projectors
Gear in this thread - w1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page