Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Free-ish NEC CRT gear in Dallas

So years ago I picked up an "as is" NEC PG9000, started fixing it up, got some NEC ISS switchers and even an NEC ISS Moome card. Then I moved apartments and it was too heavy to move up and down stairs by myself, so I took it apart, and TL;DR: never got around to putting it back together again.

At this point it's just been taking up space for years. I'd rather not junk this stuff if someone wants to make use of it. However, it's still in pieces. Tubes are out, and the various boards removed and stored in large anti static bag. Lenses and tubes are boxed up separately. You don't want to try and put this back together without the service manual and a lot of experience with CRT's, probably.

It cracked 2 tubes (Red+Green) while I was trying to un-****** the physical geometry of the set (should have bled them), I got newish ones, bled them but never got them installed because the HV leads were too short, and I haven't gotten around to splicing the longer ones on (gave up on trying to take them off and swap them). At this point, would need to be re-bled, been close 7 years maybe since I bled them.

I also have part of the CRT projector ceiling mount, I don't have the bolts/etc hardware but I have the two hooks that bolt to the PJ and the mount that goes on the ceiling/whatever that they hook onto.

I've also got the CRT to ISS control cable... maybe 25 feet? I don't remember. I've got two NEC ISS switchers that are up for grabs as well, and one Moome HDMI card and various other input cards. I'll even throw in the syringe thing I used to bleed the tubes since its not the sort of thing most of us just happen to have handy, if I can figure out where I put it.

Pretty much any of it is free to a good home in the DFW area (or as far as you want to go if you want to meet me in the NE Dallas / Plano / Richardson area).

I might be willing to consider shipping the less fragile stuff (ISS cable, projector mount, ISS's etc) if someone wants to pay for packing and shipping it, but I'm not sure the projector / tubes / etc are worth the effort. The tubes might be shippable, at least two i think are in their "original" boxes I bought them in (used) as replacements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-24-2014, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

If anyone only wants something specific, I'm fine with parting it out if nobody wants the whole projector. Willing to ship the fragile things too, if nobody wants them locally, but it might not be cheap?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSehnsucht View Post
If anyone only wants something specific, I'm fine with parting it out if nobody wants the whole projector. Willing to ship the fragile things too, if nobody wants them locally, but it might not be cheap?
What is your contact number?
post #4 of 5 Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubik View Post
What is your contact number?
Sent you a PM
post #5 of 5 Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSehnsucht View Post
Sent you a PM

never got your PM what is your contact number?

Joseph
Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page