Help Me Find Pedro I Sold Him My 9500lc? Where Are You? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 214 Old 01-24-2003, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I could bring my bro Keith with me.. That would realy scare him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 214 Old 01-24-2003, 08:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
A bullet through the testes would do it as well.

(Oh, is that my out loud voice again?)

Curt

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #93 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 05:44 AM

PedroV,

I am hoping for a positive resolution to your situation soon. The guy starts a thread with sorry and all these excuses, promises to make good and then disappears from radar and appears to everyone as the rip-off artist he claims not to be. If he does deliver a projector the best you could say is he is not too bright. Jeez, this guy has a website and everything! I have thought about buying projectors from ebay and the like but after following this unfortunate episode I would never electronically transfer larger sums of money to anyone I could not reach by car. Pedro, I would not rest until I had this guy right in front of me!! This is a crime as sure as robbing a bank of 10,000.00 is! Do NOT let him get away with this! There has to be some effective legal recourse....Man, I hate seeing honest people get shafted! Finast4less??..How about Nothin4alot??

My wife keeps saying I never listen to her....or something like that
post #94 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 06:30 AM

Quote:
The other is to try to contact a lawyer. However I’m afraid that, with the amount outstanding, about 10 grand, it would not be easy to find a lawyer who wouldn’t charge me for almost the whole amount. Please understand that I’m not familiar with legal fees in the US.
Pedro,

I'm a lawyer, but unfortunately I am not licensed to practice in New York. In the state of Florida, we have a statute (commonly known as "civil theft") that allows the victim to recover treble (3x) damages plus attorneys' fees and costs. Perhaps New York has a similar statute. If it does, it may not be so hard to hire a lawyer.

I sure hope a forum member who is a lawyer licensed in New York will give you some advice.

Take care

Scott
sfoltz@ohfc.%com
(remove % to e-mail)
post #95 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you all for your continued solidarity and help.
At this point, I would also like to express my gratitude to the moderators of this forum, to let us keep this thread alive.

Still no word from Milton either by phone or mail. I've sent him more mails and left him messages on the answering machine. At this point, I think I won't get any reply from Milton anymore.

Jrichards,

Thanks for your suggestion. I’m sure that if I pay him a visit with you and Keith by my side he would give me everything I asked for and more! :)

Quote:
I'm a lawyer, but unfortunately I am not licensed to practice in New York. In the state of Florida, we have a statute (commonly known as "civil theft") that allows the victim to recover treble (3x) damages plus attorneys' fees and costs. Perhaps New York has a similar statute. If it does, it may not be so hard to hire a lawyer.
I sure hope a forum member who is a lawyer licensed in New York will give you some advice.
Sfoltz,

That would be great. I could really use some legal advice from someone in NY.

BLS,

I completely agree with you. So far Milton doesn't view me as a threat. But I'm putting all my effort in changing that, and with the help I'm getting from you all, I hope I'll be able to do it. He must feel this whole matter will have very serious legal and financial consequences for him.

FYI, Milton seems to run a company called:
Luban Incorp..
PMB # 503
95-60 Queens Blvd
Rego Park NY 11374

He runs 2 websites:
http://www.timelesswatches.net/index.htm

http://www.finest4less.com/index.htm

Both domains seem to be owned by :
Timeless Watches
97-25 64th Avenue Apt F-16
Rego Park, NY 11374
US

I've done a search at the BBB of NY. Here's what I came up with:
http://www.newyork.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000000028095

Everything seems to add up as far as his address is concerned, however I'm not familiar with US legislation and don't know if I can connect what seems to be a private affair with his business.

I really appreciate all the suggestions I can get as to what I should do, to proceed from here.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Regards,
Pedro
post #96 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PedroV
Everything seems to add up as far as his address is concerned, however I'm not familiar with US legislation and don't know if I can connect what seems to be a private affair with his business.

I really appreciate all the suggestions I can get as to what I should do, to proceed from here.

Thank you all for your help and support.
Actually you can. :)

A propriatorship (if this is what it is) is liable for the owner and vice versa. The owner is liable for the business liabilities. So if this is actaully a propriatorship. You sir can actaully SUE the business for the amount that you paid him :) Simple. You know the name so you should be able to call the chamber of commerce or the entity that registars business and find out the type of business it is. :)

Do NOT let the magic smoke out because it is impossible to put the magic smoke back in!!!!
post #97 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Pedro, I sent you a PM.

Pocatello
post #98 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 09:43 PM

Assuming that the law regarding a proprietary company are the same in the US as in Canada, then it means the owner IS the company. Sounds like Pedro struck a personal deal with Milton, which only means Milton is responsible - but if Milton's broke, so's his company, and his actions of course reflect directly on the company's future ability to do business. If his company is incorporated, and Pedro did business with the company rather than Milton, then Milton may not directly suffer the consequences except where he could be responsible for charges of fraud. Hope that makes sense, and no I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong :)
post #99 of 214 Old 01-25-2003, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Hi Pedro,

Sorry about your nightmare:(!!! I just now saw this thread for the first time thanks to a heads up by Deniz Mutlu on Friday.

I can confirm that I indeed set up his Marquee 9500LC (and his old 8110+ for that matter), so the projector was real when I was there anyway:rolleyes:. I was there twice as a matter of fact. Once before Mike P and once after it was repaired.

He was always a great customer and paid me promptly at the end of every job, in cash. I have sent him emails and a phone call to ask where he was when Pedro asked a few months ago if anyone knew where he was in a different post, but I have received no response.

I don't know what's going on Milton, but I implore you to PLEASE contact Pedro to get this thing rectified!!! I know you and you are a bigger man than this!!!

I can confirm that his address, as I knew it and where I visited him was indeed:
97-25 64th Avenue Apt F-16
Rego Park, NY 11374
US

I have been there and it is a real address. Whether Milton still lives there or not remains to be seen.

Vic Ruiz,

I know you know him and have been there too. Can you stop over and see what's up???

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
post #100 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 02:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Bump

ts

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #101 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive.

David,

Thank you very much for your support and your confirmation on the address.
Quote:
He was always a great customer and paid me promptly at the end of every job, in cash.
When I was deciding on buying Milton's PJ, I did my homework (not good enough as it turned out). So I read all the posts (including yours) here at AVS regarding his PJ. I though I was not buying from some unknown person at eBay. I was buying from someone who had been described by very well known members in this forum as a nice person, who took care of his Marquee. He even contacted the best in the business to service and setup the PJ. I though I was buying a very real 9500LC with a well known history, from a well known and nice guy. There would be no way he would risk his reputation, with such a scam.

Obviously I was wrong, very wrong.

Now I must live with it. But I don't want him to be laughing about what he did to me.
I waited more than enough time for him to redeem himself and correct the situation.

Now I'm ready for the next step. I want to pursue him legally.

So I would appreciate if someone in this forum could give me some advice on how to proceed in that direction.
Contact with a lawyer in the NY area would be greatly appreciated.

I lost everything I had to loose in this deal. Now I can only gain.
Just hope Milton realizes it.

Thanks you all again for your support and help. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Pedro
post #102 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 04:21 PM

the craziest thing about this scam is why he started this thread? this guy is a psycho.
post #103 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

James Bond

I agree with you completely!

He opens a new thread with what amounts to be a public admission of guilt.
He seemed very interested in correcting the situation.

When I first read it I really though my nightmare would soon be over.

Wishful thinking :( :(

Regards,
Pedro
post #104 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Holy Shi*!!!!

I never paid any attention to this thread 'cause I just assumed it was about a PJ that had been long since sold and delivered. But it kept hanging around, so today I finally took a gander at it to see what could possibly be so interesting about a guy selling a PJ.

Well, goodgawdalmighty!!! I have NEVER heard of anything like this....Go on a public forum to locate someone to do the right thing and follow through with a PJ delivery, then flat F'in dissappear??!!??!?!?!?!?!?! What the F***??!! Milton buddy, mail Pedro a check will ya? You obviously sold the PJ to someone else, got into trouble, so sell the damn car and send him a CHECK (cashiers, obviously....we know one from your personal account would only bounce off the floor). I just can't imagine the gall of putting your BS ripof scheme on a public forum. Jeez!....

Pedro, I sincerely hope things work out for you, but if they don't, call me and I'll hook you up with a good 8" Marquee for cheap (when you're financially ready again, that is). I can't stand to hear about people getting ripped off this way.

Mike
post #105 of 214 Old 01-27-2003, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I talked with Pedro on the phone today. He is a complete gentleman.

Pedro, if doors keep getting slamed in your face with this, just keep pushing harder.

Good Luck, and if I can be of any more help let me know.

I hope someone has a contact, or knows someone with a contact that would be willing to take the case for Pedro.

I would hate just to flip through the phone book for a lawyer, but no way is Milton going to walk away from this one, unless he just disappears or goes into bankruptcy.
post #106 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 12:53 AM

Pedro,

You can file against him in small Claims court but you'll need someone to rep you in new york. Cheaper than hiring a lawyer.
post #107 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

brianluce,

Can Pedro assign power of attorney to someone that in not a member of the bar for small claims court. I talked to a lawyer in a different state and he thought it probably is not possible. But the lawyer I talked to was a big business lawyer and does not typically litigate.

Pedro, the CRT Forum is not the most active forum on AVS, maybe you could post in some of the other areas looking for a lawyer reference. I think you would have to talk to a moderator first, because they might consider it cross posting, but this is a serious matter.

The following link is the the NY State Bar association. It is non profit group, that the lawyers run. On it is a Lawyer Referral link. The referral program seems pretty good so it is an avenue that you can take. I think you can request a Spanish speaking lawyer if you are more comfortable with that language.

http://www.nysba.org/Template.cfm?Se...blic_Resources
post #108 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Before filing in Small Claims I'd check the upper limit - I have a feeling it's $5,000.

Andy.
post #109 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Bad news, it is only $3,000.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/smallclm.html

It looks like you would have to go into the Civil court system.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/NYCHou.../newpage19.htm
post #110 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 10:53 AM

This is a made-for-tv movie. And I want the bad guy to go DOWN! There is no doubt in my mind that this man is a serial swindler.

Pedro, I sure feel for you, having waited over six months for my LC 9500. It got old in a hurry. There was one problem after another. The difference is that the guys who sold me the PJ did not abandon me, and came through in the end.

BTW, I insisted on paying by credit card, since the dealer was someone 2,000 miles away who I did not know personally.

Gosh, I hope this works out for you. I am ready to join the posse. Swear me in!

Ron
post #111 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 10:59 AM

Pedro said that he is from PORTUGAL. I'll bet he prefers Portuguese, guys. This was the second referral to him as Spanish.

Geez, that would be like my being called Canadian!

Ron
post #112 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

No, I did not refer to him as Spanish, however I know he is not comfortable speaking English and thought he might be more comfortable speaking Spanish, since it is an option to find a Spanish speaking Lawyer and probably hard to find one that speaks Portuguese.

I do not know if he knows Spanish, but I would not be surprised if he was fluent in it.

by the way, is Memphis next to Toronto or Vancouver. :)
post #113 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Can't Pedro file this as a fraud to the police ?
Or do you still need to go through a laywer ?

21:st century Karate Kid......Logon, Logoff, Logon, Logoff..
post #114 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

I can't thank you guys enough for the support your're giving me.
You are really top notch.

Scottatl,
Just want everybody to know that you went all the way to help me. I really appreciate it. I will give NYSBA a try at this link: http://www.ilawyer.com/

rwarner007,
I'm glad that in the end everything worked out for you. Credit card was not an option for me, unfortunately.
Consider yourself sworn in. :)

I appreciate all the advice or tips I can get, to pursue this legally. A contact to a lawyer in the NY area would be greatly appreciated. It could be that with a lawyer's intervention, this whole mess would be resolved even before getting to court.

Thank you all again for your help and support !!

Pedro

Regards,
Pedro
post #115 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rwarner007

Geez, that would be like my being called Canadian!

Ron
Uh-oh.....you better get your flame pads and helmet on, dude. There's a lot of Canucks on this forum that are going to be flinging mudballs at you now...:D Curt, would care to open the festivities??!:D:D:D

Mike
post #116 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 04:35 PM

Now, now. They are kinder and gentler than we are.

But Pedro is the main man on this thread. I like stirring the pot, but we should get back to trying to help him. I know what it is like to be left hanging. I just lucked out. Hopefully, someone can twist Mr. Luban's arm, and Pedro's luck will change.

Ron
post #117 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
I just called the Canadian Army to fire up the missles and point them due South.

I was informed that the only bow and arrow was out on loan and the guy that kept track of this very dangerous device was in the bathroom on an important 'mission' and was unreachable..:-)

Curt

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #118 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 05:01 PM

As once told by a Canadian friend of mine

"You're just lucky our tank is on the other coast right now!"

Dave

"Diplomacy is the act of saying "Nice doggie!" till you can find a rock"
"Department of Redundancy Department"
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
post #119 of 214 Old 01-28-2003, 06:04 PM

I tell you guys, though, that fellow who made the "I am Canadian" beer commercial was one bad***.

Pedro, I am striking out in looking for another way out of this mess. The fellow who sold you the pj seems to have another profession. He sells what appears to be fake Tiffany jewelry and other ripoffs of major brand names, just like the shysters on the street corners of Manhattan. You need a NY lawyer. I hope one shows up soon.

Ron
post #120 of 214 Old 01-29-2003, 03:35 AM

To pursue this as a criminal matter does not require a lawyer from what I know. In fact, I don't see that a lawyer would be of any use in terms of the criminal aspects of the situation. Sueing for breach of contract is another story.

Chances are that to get anything happening in terms of criminal prosecution will take some lobbying which is made difficult by the fact you live in Europe. First thing I would do is find out if the name he used is his real name. If it's not, better throw the towel in.

Going after the guy in a civil case is only worthwhile if the guy has a means of repaying you or has substantial assets like house or car that you could place a lien on.

Find out if he used his real name.
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page