Closed Thread

post #181 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok pedro this is just for you.

Everyone else please pardon the use of language :)

PedroV

Que esperas? Por que no tienes la ayuda de el abogado? Ya perdistes dies mil dolares americanos muchacho. Y entre mas tiempo pierdas mas probable que el se desaparesca del mapa para no retornarte el dinero. Yo no se pero aqui en lo Estados unidos. Dies mil dolares es un cojonal de dinero. Ya para de poner le attencion a Milton y empieza con loz abogados. Que te retorne el dinero. Punto. Olvidate del projector porque a lo mejor te trata de hacer MAS trampa de lo que te ha hecho. Por favor muchacho. Coje el abogado y ve atraz de el. Punto. Ya haz perdido DEMASIADO tiempo.

anyone want the english translation on that??? :)

btw sorry for my piss poor spanish. hehe

Do NOT let the magic smoke out because it is impossible to put the magic smoke back in!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Would probably make more sense to Pedro if it were Portuguese.

Thurman
post #183 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Diamond Bar Calif USA 91765 / Seattle area WA 98512
Figgie,
You should see what that does to spell check, Ill just print it out and take it with me, Im going down to Dell Taco. Doug
post #184 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

I sent our buddy Milton an email just to see if he does answer. The email address i sent to was miltonluban@hotmail.com.

This is the email i sent him:

I understand you sell second hand CRT projectors. What models do you have in stock and what sort of prices are they are? I am particularly after an 8" or 9" projector.

He replied in 25 minutes with the following:

I have a nine inch in my pants!

Bear in mind i have never ever sent him an email or spoken to him before so his no idea who i am and this is what he replies with.

I immediately replied with:

I assume that means that you DON'T have anything for sale then?

To which he replied to 30 minutes later with:

Do not be a wish guy! Oh I have the ROCK for sale.

I haven't gotten round to decoding that last message yet. Any ideas?
Bottom line is this guys is a $#^%#$%$!!!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it."
W.C.Fields
post #185 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Figgie,

Thanks for your advice.
I can't write in Spanish but I understand it. No problem.

You are right, it's a lot of money. Here it seems to be even more than in the US. :(
I'm hoping to get some lawyer contacts in NY soon.

cookie,

Sorry you got that kind of answer from him.
At the time I made the "deal?" he had a Rock video processor he wanted to sell me.
Just wish he would reply to my mails in 25 minutes !:mad:

Thank you all very much for your help

Regards,
Pedro
post #186 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, I've reviewed the thread. Your plight is regrettable, but you don't need me to tell you that, as everyone has told you that now for weeks. Here's some more legal advice, but I'm a Cleveland, Ohio lawyer, so you still need to make a connection.

First, unless you believe in miracles, you need to resign yourself to two facts: (1) you will never see the projector, and your only recourse is money; (2) you will not get all your money back, as you will, at best, need to pay a lawyer at least a substantial contingency fee.

You know where he lives. You should call the New York Bar Association, and request a referral of a lawyer in that area, preferably one that handles collections. You should make it clear that you are living out of the country, and that you are only interested in someone that will handle it on a contingency basis.

I don't know how much you paid for the projector, but you need to understand that a lawyer will probably need to make a minimum of $3000 to $5000 in fees on this matter, and perhaps more. Although you may recoil at that idea, don't. Frankly, you might be getting the legal equivalent of Milton from someone who would take less.

Print out the posts he made on this thread. I would also PM David Bott to see if there is a way that those posts can definitely be traced to his IP address, and, as well, to his residence. If you live in Portugal, it will probably be counter-productive for you to think of flying here to testify, so you want as much independent evidence of his larceny as possible, because even if you sue, you still have a case to prove. Those forum posts could serve as admissions if they are appropriately authenticated.

Finally, you need to immediately dispense with thinking that this thread will help you any longer, particularly given your inconvenient geographical location. You need to immediately start chasing him in court, with a lawyer, not in the court of public opinion (this forum) which is very sympathetic, but, in the end, irrelevant. You need to start focusing your attention on where it matters, i.e., the legal system.

I would likewise forget about the criminal angle . . . certainly do not place hope in it. Prosecutors need witnesses to testify, and, unfortunately, they won't come to Portugal to hear you. You will have to come here. As important as this matter is to you, it is unlikely that it will seem "big" enough to interest the prosecutor's office. Better that you create your own motivated hunting dog, by paying a lawyer (on a contingency basis) to pick up the scent.

Finally, as unsatisfying as it may seem, quit telegraphing to Milton your every move, because you are only hurting your own cause. Ask others to send you PMs, because you don't want to give Milton an open window into your progress in hunting him down. Don't you see that this only helps him?

Spend the time immediately to contact the bar association, and then a lawyer. Get one hired, and resign yourself to a fractional recovery of your money, if that. Finally, understand that the lawyer's job here is not only proving his case--which may not be as simple as it sounds, when your only witness is in Portugal--but the more difficult job may be in part two of the litigation process, i.e., collection on a judgment. The best lawyer in the world cannot make Milton have assets that can be attached, since the best lawyer in the world cannot make a rock drip blood.

The litigation process is not swift, although I suspect Milton will not defend--he will just hide. However, hiding happens to be a formidable strategy in fending off lawsuits, so long as it can be done successfully. What you need to understand is that in the simplest and easiest cases, there is still plenty of opportunity for delay. Your case is neither simple nor easy, so you really have no time to waste. Get to the bar association, find a lawyer, agree to a fee that will make you angry, but get it done. As much as I sympathize, this thread---which was perversely started by the villain--is now only hurting you.

Nick :cool:
post #187 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Damn good post, Nick!

Curt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CRT tech info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-pro audio website
post #188 of 214 Old 02-11-2003, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Sage advice.
post #189 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 07:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Got an email from Milton last night after my inquiry to him.

He claims he will clear the air today about this. So we know his phone and email is working.

Milton, we're waiting...

Curt

- CRT tech info

-pro audio website
post #190 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

well that should be interesting to say the least... any takers out there whether or not he has the balls to show?

behind every successful man is a suprised mother-inlaw......
post #191 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 08:24 AM

As the Who's 'Rough Boys' plays over the arena PA system the crowd is anxiously awaiting the main event. Suddenly the lights go out and the crowd erupts into a roar....

... "Hello Cleveland!! I'm Rockin' Robbie Lee from PureRock 98 FM, ...are you guys ready to Rock and Roll???? I said are you guys ready to Rock and Roll!!???"

"Ladies and Gentlemen.....M I L T O N L U B A N !!!!!!!!!"

RRRRRRRRHHHhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Arn --Milwaukee WI

Create your own opportunities.
post #192 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 09:33 AM

My original name on the forum was Milton Luban, then I could never get back in? So I registered as Finest4less.com, now I tryed to get back in and could not? What am I doing wrong? Who cares! I re-registered as 9500LC Cause this is what this post is about!
post #193 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 09:51 AM

I have set a side sometime and read all the posts,

Pedro I told you you could find all answers and meet new friends ready to help you.

Anyway Pedro and I spoke yesterday on the phone, well we also spoke on the phone about 2-3 weeks ago, where we agreed I could have until mid Feb to ship out this PJ. That means next week.

Questions?
What took so long?
Why have I delayed him so long and you guys by not entering the forum?
Answers are well deserved! And will be posted on the weekend.

You guys hate me? Yes, Some it seems.
I will give a detailed explaination on the long Delay! And I don't expect to make anyone feel sorry for me or make new fans! All I want to do is give you guys an answer inorder to end this post I started and have Pedro enjoy his 9500LC. Basically come to a happy end.

David Harper: Thanks for standing up for me or at least posting about our great honest dealings!

Mike Parker: Thanks for not entering the post with anything Neg about me, which you and I both know you do not have anything Neg to say, and rather stay out of this mess, which I will clear up.

This weekend with a post.
post #194 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

ok,
if you have received the money send the projector,
this post is dead and we are all happy.
Not to mention that your behaviour is beyond what I would
qualify as appropriate.

Eidophor oil projector on a fork lifter connected to an original SONY BETAMAX, stunning picture, never seen anything better
post #195 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

sounds to me that you are fearing the law suit, finally !!!

Eidophor oil projector on a fork lifter connected to an original SONY BETAMAX, stunning picture, never seen anything better
post #196 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 10:06 AM

So you ARE now willing to allow us to fly U2 surveillance missions over your watch store?

Phew, now were getting somewhere.

>Arn --Milwaukee WI

post #197 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 9500LC
I have set a side sometime and read all the posts,

Pedro I told you you could find all answers and meet new friends ready to help you.

Anyway Pedro and I spoke yesterday on the phone, well we also spoke on the phone about 2-3 weeks ago, where we agreed I could have until mid Feb to ship out this PJ. That means next week.

Questions?
What took so long?
Why have I delayed him so long and you guys by not entering the forum?
Answers are well deserved! And will be posted on the weekend.

You guys hate me? Yes, Some it seems.
I will give a detailed explaination on the long Delay! And I don't expect to make anyone feel sorry for me or make new fans! All I want to do is give you guys an answer inorder to end this post I started and have Pedro enjoy his 9500LC. Basically come to a happy end.

Hey, 9500LC . . . er, Milt . . . er, Finest4less . . . er, "other username" . . .

Why does your response not inspire confidence? This seems to be a new variation on an old theme: The projector's in the mail. Cute twist, if it weren't for the fact that you've hung someone out to dry.

Certainly, your actions speak only to a desire to stall, and to avoid responsibility, but I will admit that I've never seen it done quite the way in which you're going about it. Oh, it's a frequent-enough tactic that someone provides overt assurances of payment or restitution, only to keep the wolves at bay, and that's the way I'd bet. The cry for "help" that starts this thread is a great tactic of diversion, and, in light of subsequent events, the only reasonable explanation is that you feared he was close to getting to you (rightly or wrongly), and what better way to throw him off suspecting that he was about to be swindled?

Now, what is it we hear . . . there are "answers" to all these questions . . . but--and what a coincidence!--you won't provide them just yet.

You don't owe us a thing. Pedro, get on the phone with that lawyer now. You're witnessing a disappearing act, it's just that Milt is taking longer than he wanted to fade away.

Nick :cool:
post #198 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Help Me Find Pedro I Sold Him My 9500lc? Where Are You?

My name is milton luban and I have another username that for some reason I can not get back into the forum without my password and nothing works to find out how to get it emailed to me, I have tryed everything! So I logged in as a new user. Please Help! I sold my PJ the 9500 LC to a man named Pedro and he lives in Spain and I can not find his info to contact him and he must be going crazy thinking about where did I go and where his PJ is? I want to contact him inorder to ship it to him and explain what has happened, and why the delay? I would like to contact him and explain myself, I do not think you guys would really want to know. For you guys who do know me I am a stand up guy and it looks as if I am trying to keep his money and not sell the PJ. So Help me get his email address PLEASE? My email address direct is miltonluban@hotmail.com Thanks!
This is what Milton posted on January 3, 2003.

<><><><><><><><>

Quote:
He will have a happy ending! I guarantee it! I will email you direct this week and fill you in with all the info on the PJ. Thanks for understanding.

This is what Milton posted on January 5, 2003.

<><><><>

presented here to preserve the statements... so they can't be erased.

Pocatello
post #199 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 11:38 AM

"sounds to me that you are fearing the law suit, finally !"

Honestly not really!
post #200 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 11:40 AM

Nicholas
AVS Special Member

Great post I must admit! Great!
Just wondering what is your occupation or education level? Serious! No joke I would like to know if you do not mind?
post #201 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 11:47 AM

"Certainly, your actions speak only to a desire to stall"

No, I do not think it is called stalling, would n't it be past the stalling point?
Your right my actions do speak louder than words, You will see my actions and I will post my words.

I spoke to Pedro who happeneds to be a fine person to talk to on the phone and we would like to finish this deal next week! He allowed me that time line, so sit back and wait and see the happy ending and read my post.

Why over the weekend? There is such an explaination I would like to post for you that I can really get to it after the holiday.
post #202 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 12:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Maybe it's called fleeing the country?

Don't come to Canada, our bows and arrows are sharpened...

Curt

- CRT tech info

-pro audio website
post #203 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 9500LC
I spoke to Pedro who happeneds to be a fine person to talk to on the phone and we would like to finish this deal next week! He allowed me that time line, so sit back and wait and see the happy ending and read my post.

Why over the weekend? There is such an explaination I would like to post for you that I can really get to it after the holiday.
Isn't this about how The Usual Suspects ended?

---Jim
post #204 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Could 9500LC actually be D Hanks in disguise just stirring the pot?
post #205 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 12:43 PM

Does anybody else feel like this will turn out about like when Geraldo opened Al Capones's secret vaults on live TV?

>Arn --Milwaukee WI

post #206 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Energeezer
Could 9500LC actually be D Hanks in disguise just stirring the pot?
Are you trying to give me nightmares :eek:

Thurman
post #207 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like Milty is waving his "9-incher" at everyone and having a good ole laugh. Don't trust him. We already know what sort of business man he is.

Now im off to purchase some nice fake watches.. can anyone recommend me a good online store?

Crappy4more perhaps?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it."
W.C.Fields
post #208 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 02:56 PM

cookie
Hey Cookie or what ever you call yourself?
Can you wave a nice incher? Or are you like a lot of the rest of them with only a 7 incher? People like you remind me of that movie with Matt damond and robin williams, I forgot the name of the movie, he experienced nothing had nothing and spoke a goodgame. Watches? Your Job is what? Oh and thanks for that plug.:p
post #209 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 02:59 PM

"Maybe it's called fleeing the country "

"Don't come to Canada, our bows and arrows are sharpened"

Hey Curt toooo COLD!
post #210 of 214 Old 02-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Well Milty. You've convinced me. Your quite the professional businessman.

You've just made yourself look so much better by your mature comments.

Well done sport. Im sure you'll be the first person i contact when im in the market for a non-existant projector or crappy wrist decoration.

W.C.Fields
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page