Help Me Find Pedro I Sold Him My 9500lc? Where Are You? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 214 Old 01-03-2003, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
:confused: My name is milton luban and I have another username that for some reason I can not get back into the forum without my password and nothing works to find out how to get it emailed to me, I have tryed everything! So I logged in as a new user. Please Help! I sold my PJ the 9500 LC to a man named Pedro and he lives in Spain and I can not find his info to contact him and he must be going crazy thinking about where did I go and where his PJ is? I want to contact him inorder to ship it to him and explain what has happened, and why the delay? I would like to contact him and explain myself, I do not think you guys would really want to know. For you guys who do know me I am a stand up guy and it looks as if I am trying to keep his money and not sell the PJ. So Help me get his email address PLEASE? My email address direct is miltonluban@hotmail.com Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 214 Old 01-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

I believe his forum id is PedroV so maybe you can PM him. He recently mentioned buying a 9500LC from a forum member.

Mark
post #3 of 214 Old 01-04-2003, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Milton. It's me, Pedro. I have moved and I need the PJ shipped to my new address here in the states. I'll PM my new address to you. Please ship ASAP.

Oh, and send the difference in shipping cost in cash please.

Muchos gracias,
Pedro
post #4 of 214 Old 01-04-2003, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Hi,
I don't know what Jamoka is trying to do but it's not funny. I am Pedro, I live in Portugal, not Spain and my forum id is PedroV. I bought the PJ from Milton and paid through bank transfer on the 25th of Sept.

Quote:
My name is milton luban and I have another username that for some reason I can not get back into the forum without my password and nothing works to find out how to get it emailed to me, I have tryed everything! So I logged in as a new user. Please Help! I sold my PJ the 9500 LC to a man named Pedro and he lives in Spain and I can not find his info to contact him and he must be going crazy thinking about where did I go and where his PJ is? I want to contact him inorder to ship it to him and explain what has happened, and why the delay? I would like to contact him and explain myself, I do not think you guys would really want to know. My email address direct is miltonluban@hotmail.com Thanks!
Milton, you are right. I was going crazy, trying to contact you since November to the above mentioned address at hotmail!!
As you must know since I've sent you dozens of e-mails to your various accounts, my e-mail address is np51rb@mail.telepac.pt.
Quote:
For you guys who do know me I am a stand up guy and it looks as if I am trying to keep his money and not sell the PJ.
I am very glad to hear this and sincerely hope to hear from you soon. I have contacted Tim and Mike asking for help since Mike serviced your PJ and Tim assisted. I was loosing hope!!!!
I will not bother the other forum members with what has become to be a long story so I hope you contact me real soon!

Regards,
Pedro
post #5 of 214 Old 01-04-2003, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Pedro,
I sincerely hope you'll get your PJ very soon and I'm sure you'll, eventually.
Believe me, I know what you feel. I lost $13000 myself, ripped off by Adrian Alexander.

Stef.
post #6 of 214 Old 01-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Stephane,

I' ve read your posts regarding the G90. My feelings are with you.
Being ripped off for such a large amount really hurts.
On top of that, your dream of getting a wonderful crt PJ suddenly turns into a nightmare.
I just hope there will be a happy ending for me.

Regards,
Pedro
post #7 of 214 Old 01-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Pedro,
I'm sure it will.
Please, let us know what you think of the 9500 when you get it.

Stef.
post #8 of 214 Old 01-05-2003, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

He will have a happy ending! I guarantee it! I will email you direct this week and fill you in with all the info on the PJ. Thanks for understanding.
post #9 of 214 Old 01-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Milton,
I am very glad to hear it and just hope you are right about the happy ending.
Can't wait for your e-mail.

Stephane,
you can count on it. As soon as I have the PJ, and with Milton's help it will be soon (I hope), I will let you know what I think.
I'm sure it will be a huge improvement over my 7" Seleco 500.
In the meantime I bought a JVC D-theater video, just try those big 9" tubes in HD. ;)
Just have to figure out how to convert Y,Pr,Pb to RGBHV. I've read that the Key Digital transcoder doesn't work to well with the Marquee.

Regards,
Pedro
post #10 of 214 Old 01-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Pedro,
Lucky man...9500+HD!! miam, you bet it will make a difference!
let me guess... I'm sure your next purchase will be a HD leeza or asimilator!

Stef.
post #11 of 214 Old 01-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

PedroV,

I don't know how hard it would be to obtain one, but I believe that there is a component card available for the Marquee that would solve your problem.

Maybe Tim can help on this one?

Andy.
post #12 of 214 Old 01-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Stephane,
you guessed right. I have a HD leeza on order at AVS. The only problem is they keep delaying its launch. It didn't matter too much so far, since I have yet to get the PJ from Milton.
Let's hope CES will bring some good news from Key Digital and also see if Immersive has a working aSimilator. I wish I could be there!

AndyS,
I also read somewhere about that card, but I don't know if it is in production. The key digital transcoder would do fine but I've read on this great forum that there are some issues with clamping when working with Y, Pr,Pb from HDTV caused by the three-level sync.
Perhaps the Marquee experts can shed some light!

Regards,
Pedro
post #13 of 214 Old 01-07-2003, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Lighten up guys...it was meant as a joke and nothing more. Posts similar to that happen all the time...someone's frustrated, they want to give up on the pj, and someone will post to throw it in the trash...after you give specific directions on how to get to their house. :)

I realize in Pedro's case he doesn't find it funny as he is the one out a pj right now...but I doubt anyone took it very seriously...especially Milton.

I assure you, he meant nothing dishonest with it. Stick around awhile and it won't be the last time you see something like that.

Thanks a million...Good luck...Let us know... Whichever is appropriate this time! jmwj03 at hotmail dot com
post #14 of 214 Old 01-07-2003, 06:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Wow. This is better than Days of our Lives.
post #15 of 214 Old 01-08-2003, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is the cut_and_paste copy of BLS's PM to me today.:)

BLS

Scumbag!
Scumbag!

If this is the wrong place to post abusive letters from psychotic forum members, let me know and I'll move it.

Thanks,
Jose
post #16 of 214 Old 01-08-2003, 06:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

BLS, you don't get out much, do you? Sheesh...

Jamoka, at least you're a HELPFUL scumbag. :)

Alex doesn't live here anymore
post #17 of 214 Old 01-10-2003, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

After reading Finest4less post where he is seeking Pedro NOT to
ripp him off, I thought it was a happy story. So I thought that the joke that
jamoka made was pretty harmless. I found it obvious that he was making
a joke. But that PM was too much. It reminds me of somthing from a game
forum, where so-called flame-wars are standard. Let's hope that it doesn't
happen on this forum too much.

IMHO.

Nicholas

Hail the mighty Marquee!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 214 Old 01-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Nicholas,
I'll try to explain what's at stake here.
As you can see from my post above, I've been trying like mad for the last couple of months to contact Milton, to get him to ship the PJ to me, without success. This whole affair has kept me from enjoying my hobby for a few months now. So I can hardly qualify this story as happy. Let's just hope, it has a happy ending. If you want, I can PM you the details.
Quote:
So I thought that the joke that jamoka made was pretty harmless. I found it obvious that he was making a joke.
I thought so to. However I doubt he would be making jokes about this, if he knew the whole story.
When Milton finally shows up here, you can understand what it meant for me.
With your help, this forum and thread is my only hope right now that I will eventually be able to contact Milton and receive the PJ.

Let's keep this forum the most interesting and informative on the internet for us AV enthusiasts, with regular contributions from the best and most knowledgeable minds in the business. :)

BTW. I have yet to hear from Milton, although he said
Quote:
I will email you direct this week and fill you in with all the info on the PJ.
Let's hope he can contact me soon.

Thank you all for your support and understanding!

Regards,
Pedro
post #19 of 214 Old 01-10-2003, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

per Pedro "BTW. I have yet to hear from Milton, although he said "

Milton, for goodness sakes, give Pedro a call already! Calls to Europe cost less the 10 cents a minute with a calling card or use BigZoo.com.

This is no joking matter! Heck you should get your money back at this point. This can not end happy, only not totally crappy. If you can get your money back you should purchase the one from Gn2 that is for sale in this forum now.
post #20 of 214 Old 01-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

OMG Pedro,
I hope he'll contact you soon.
I don't want you and anyone to live my experience, for sure.
I understand your feelings. I, for one am now a little disgusted by this hobby too.

Stef.
post #21 of 214 Old 01-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stephane Bervas
I, for one am now a little disgusted by this hobby too.
I'm so sorry to hear you say that. I find this a marvellous hobby, and this is a marvellous forum, filled with generous, helpful people. Of all the various hobbies I've ever been a part of, this one seems to have the best sense of community.

I agree that a bad sale can leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it's truly the actions of a few individuals that make things look bad for everyone.

Let's not let these few negative experiences become thought of as the norm. I feel bad for you guys who've been ripped off - but that was by individuals who have no place here, and not by the hobby or the AVS community as a whole.

Andy.
post #22 of 214 Old 01-11-2003, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Andy,
I agree with all you said.
I never thought of the AVS community as responsible for having been ripped off, of course not.
As you said, this is just one (very) bad experience.
But the fact is I, for one now enjoy this hobby much less, and I'm the first to deplore it, believe me.
My experience is not the norm, fortunately.
And yes, this forum is a great one!

Stef.
post #23 of 214 Old 01-11-2003, 11:35 AM
gn2
AVS Special Member

We should have a pool to see if the phantom pj ever shows up. There is NO excuse for someone to keep someones money for MONTHS and not send the goods. The money could have been refunded if there were circumstances which prevented the pj shipping. I would be really interested to hear the result of this.
post #24 of 214 Old 01-11-2003, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Yep, sounds real strange.
It's seems like someone is trying to "buy" time. For whatever reason.
The first mess. seemed sincere but it has taken some time now.
As someone said, the cost isn't that huge to give the man a call.
On the other hand if he is going to rip someone off he didn't have to create this thread.
This story is a bit strange.

Hope this works out for you Pedro.

21:st century Karate Kid......Logon, Logoff, Logon, Logoff..
post #25 of 214 Old 01-11-2003, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

the projector could be broke
and he is buying time

XANATOS

IN THE LAND OF HOME THEATER

THE THREE EYED MONSTER IS KING
post #26 of 214 Old 01-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

I would like to thank you all for your help and support.
It’s been a week since Milton opened this thread and I am still waiting for his mail.
It doesn’t make sense!!!!
First he starts this thread looking for me. I answer him posting my contact here. I’ve sent him PM’s and mails to his various mail accounts and so far nothing.
When I first contacted him about the PJ, way back in Aug. he was always nice and fast to answer my mails. In Sept. his answers to my mails started to take longer and longer. Back then, he alleged difficulties in packing the PJ. I contacted Tim Martin right away and he gave me the solution for packing which I forwarded to Milton. Since then, nothing,:( ……..until last week when he opened this thread. ;)

Xanatos, your theory about the broken PJ does make sense, but he knows his way around the Marquee. He got Mike Parker to service his PJ and David Harper to set it up, so he would know how to deal with it unless it's seriously broken. :( He was a forum member (id: Milton Luban) and used to post regularly. Anyway he could contact me to keep me posted.

Paul, I don’t think he would consider a refund, since I paid a premium price for the PJ, considering it was well known and serviced by the masters.

Stephane, I meant the same as you, when I said I was enjoying this hobby much less.
I’ve learned a lot from this great forum and you just need to look at the support and help I’ve been getting to see that it’s filled with people always willing to help and share their knowledge. It’s just that whenever I look at my HT or read internet forums I am constantly reminded about my (sad) Marquee history. :(

Thanks to you all.

Regards,
Pedro
post #27 of 214 Old 01-12-2003, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Milt, where are you?

Pocatello
post #28 of 214 Old 01-12-2003, 01:04 PM
gn2
AVS Special Member

Pedro: You deserve your money back. There is NO excuse for the delay you're being subject to. I think you are being ripped, but we'll see. Time will tell, I really hope I'm wrong. The one time I was ripped, there never was any projector, yet the guy gave all the right answers, even had pictures, and plausible excuses every time, correct trucking company names and locations, just no projector. I didn't wait half as long as you have before demanding a refund and seeking the help of the police in obtaining that. I got VERY lucky because the scammer stayed in the same location, and the police DID get involved, which I understand is somewhat rare now adays.
PS: It shouldn't matter if you paid one meelllion dooolaars for the projector, if its not provided, you deserve a full refund, NOW, IMHO.
post #29 of 214 Old 01-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Pedro,
I sincerely hope I'm wrong but all this reminds me of my vicissitudes with Adrian Alexander.
A nice guy, recommended by some known persons, prompt to answer my mails in the beginning.
Then he kept lying to me. this problem....that problem...
I never got my money back.
Keep us updated.

Stef.
post #30 of 214 Old 01-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Paul,
I am totally in agreement with you.
In this case I don't know what to expect, since Milton's reaction doesn't make sense.
Why did he start this thread?
However his reaction so far is forcing me to consider the possibility of a rip off. I hope I’m wrong.
I believe (so far) that the PJ really exists. After all Mike Parker and Dave Harper were at his home to service and set up the PJ.
He runs two sites on the internet for his business and his address must be known at least to some forum members.
One think is for sure right now, if I will ever get my PJ or the money back, it will be thanks to the help of the people in this forum.
Let’s see how this thing unfolds.

Stephane, I’ve sent you a PM.

Thanks

Regards,
Pedro
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page