Barco Lens Program - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-19-2003, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking at the BARCO Lens program today and noticed that the CRT picture shows the RED and BLUE phosphor off center. Is this correct? This will explain my difficulties I have had in my initial setup.

Thanks,
Gman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-19-2003, 09:23 AM

I wish I still had my older copies of that lens program. The most recent version seems skewed for LCD projectors. When I tried to get the mechanical setup numbers for a BG808, I had to put in lens angle of 10.5 degrees in by hand.

The resulting picture measured A from the floor up and showed the projector tilted 10.5 degrees, etc. etc. I haven't tried running it using a Cine8 as the default projector.

In short, I'm just going to compute my own setup information from the formulas in the installation manual.

To answer your question Gman, I think the picture of the CRT faces is just for reference. I wouldn't trust it. It doesn't even draw a 16:9 image when you setup for a 16:9 screen.

- Jerry
post #3 of 3 Old 08-20-2003, 02:02 AM
B 4

Gman it's not correct the raster should be centred on all three colours as Jerry says it was just for guidence.
The lens program still gives the most accurate and up to date calculation for projection throw. there were several misprints in the manuals over the years and I have three differnt figures.
Its always best to use the calculations as a guide then look down the tubes to assess how much phosphor is being used.

Roland Brooks
B4 Projection Ltd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page