Sony VPH 1272 + RGB input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-01-2003, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a Bravo D1 DVD player and intended to run it's DVI output to the RGB input on my sony VPH 1272. When I select the DVI output on the player and select the appropriate input on the projector, I get no output at all. Cycling though all the DVI output resolutions (480p, 720p, 1080i) all yield no output at all. I originally thought it to be a problem with the player or a cabling problem, but I can hook the same cables to the DVI output on my video card in my PC and I get some playback on the projector, but only before windows actually loads. When the desktop loads and the resolution changes, it's like the projector loses the signal. Sometimes I even see it constantly trying to resize itself. The projector and player both work great with the s-video. I've looked all around and can't seem to find anything to change or adjust on the projector to accomodate these different video sources. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is some info on your player you might find helpful:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/bravo_d1.htm

Looks like you have to toggle through some undocumented options on the remote to activate the DVI port. Setup the DVI output resolution to 480p, at least to start.

I assume you are using the C1-C5 analog outputs on the DVI connector into the 1272Q. There should be 5 lines coming out of the DVI port, RGBHV.

Correct?

If so, on the PJ option menu, set sync to y/c. If you only have an RGB output, set sync to SonG, and see if the player has an option to set Sync on Green.

I won't have internet access until this Friday, so won't be able to respond until then.
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page