Closed Thread

post #1321 of 1331 Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
PAW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Should the NEC XG/LC be 1600x1200 instead of 1200x1600?

Aubrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1331 Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I agree. I mentioned that a couple of times.
The listing for XG is misleading. I understand it is subjective but which XG is the listing for?

Based on the service manual XG 85 is only 110 MHz and is 1600x1200 dot addressable resolution. XG1352 is listed as 150 MHz (I know many says it is bogus) but the addressable resolution is 2500x2000. It has been mentioned lately that XG1352 can do better in resolution than G70 with a listed 120 MHz bandwidth.

It is all about quality...that is the picture

JVC & NEC 8" CRT with 106" wide Stewart screen. All NHT speakers driven by Pioneer Elite AVR and bluray

Custom dedicated 8 seat theater

post #1323 of 1331 Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
. . . .

As far as groupings go, here are some examples: PJs like a Barco 800 and Sony 125x/127x would be listed together in the same 'group', PJ's like a Barco 808 and Ehome 8000 would be together... G90/1209/9500 will listed together... etc.
. . . .
Kal
One of the things that came out of the last discussion about the Sony's at least was that the 07MSP tubes in those PJ's are actually 8", not 7", so would they be listed as 8 inchers?

Now a member of the Marquee Maniacs Club
post #1324 of 1331 Old 04-14-2006, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeahbut they are ES focus - that makes them 7" to me (not that it matters).

Hey and why is the Marquee 8500 above the XG AC? Marquee's not colour filtered, so it's not as good.

And why are the 6PG Xtra and 9PG Xtra split? They are almost identical - both colour filtered and both have EM focus.

The difference between a 6PG Xtra and an XG751 is pretty minor - I have both. XG is sharper, but that's hard do see even with HD material. So to me the difference within a "group" is fairly small.

7" ES and below

8" EM focus
8" EM focus + colour filtered
8" EM focus + Liquid coupled (fit coloured C elements!)
8" EM focus + colour filtered + Liquid coupled

9" EM focus + Liquid coupled (fit coloured C elements!)
9" EM focus + colour filtered + Liquid coupled

Even then not all are equal within a group - some units underperform, some are fantastic....

Loving my Electric Bike!!
post #1325 of 1331 Old 04-18-2006, 06:22 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEBrown
One of the things that came out of the last discussion about the Sony's at least was that the 07MSP tubes in those PJ's are actually 8", not 7", so would they be listed as 8 inchers?
Yup. The CRT Specifications pages I put up already do that. NEC PG's are 8" as are Sony 125x/127x machines.

Kal

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Founder:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

post #1326 of 1331 Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM

The mods don't improve the BW on marquee that much but the color depth and shaddow detail is improved over 90%.

The best way to get a sharper image out of the marquee is replace with high rez tubes. The BW of the neck boards is allready good but the VIM needs a lot of work.

See my website to look at the mods.

www.eisemann-theater.com

Gregory C. Eisemann Senior Electrical Engineer, Satcom Engineer, Opnet Engineer, Network Engineering, Satellite Engineering
post #1327 of 1331 Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I have noticed that even the best lenses, like HD10-GT17s, don't deliver the image with the utter clarity of what's on the tube face. Around 1080p I can still see scan lines if I'm looking at the tube face directly, but the GT17s won't QUITE resolve those scan lines to the same degree. There's a distinct loss of definition, and this is with lenses that are focused to the phosphor grain.

I'm curious about other lens options that nobody has ever tried yet. Like using a very high quality condenser lens mated up with a Minolta 3-chip DLP type lens, mounted in a customized holder. Of course you'd need THREE.

I'm thinking that the outer shells of beat-up HD10s would be a good starting point for a mount such as this.

I've used a DLP lens like that as a compact telescope, in conjunction with a suitable eyepiece. The clarity of the image is remarkable. Those are FINE optics, probably several
times better than those in any HD10 series lens.

CJ
post #1328 of 1331 Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Well, I finally got around to creating the "CRT Projectors Rankings" page on Curt site.

I started a new thread on it as this one's going all over the place and I don't want to hijack it ... see here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7520991

Kal

Editor:
, Founder:

|

post #1329 of 1331 Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Looks like the price ranges have changed, anyone care to edit the price ranges?

Heck maybe I should upgrade to a Marquee 9500LC Ultra for a couple smackers and get it modded by the pros!
post #1330 of 1331 Old 06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Price ranges? What price ranges? I purposely didn't any prices on any of my lists as they change constantly.

Kal

Editor:
, Founder:

|

post #1331 of 1331 Old 06-09-2006, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Price ranges? What price ranges? I purposely didn't any prices on any of my lists as they change constantly.

Kal

I hope you didn't, I was refering to the first few pages of this thread ;o)
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page