Who's who...in CRT land? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 05:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The name I'm curious about is Chuchuf. Terry's username gets mangled the most (hint, hint, CMRA... check the spelling in your list).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Clarence
The name I'm curious about is Chuchuf. Terry's username gets mangled the most (hint, hint, CMRA... check the spelling in your list).

Next update...or there abouts.

Hey, we can use some more nominations.

overclkr...what's your specialty?
post #93 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can have my spot for $1; unless someone bids more

Hey... nobody noticed I'm not "marcorsyscom" anymore. I got tired of you guys mangling it.

Request denied. Minimum bid starts at $10,000. Deluxe handle (Saint Clarence) add $1000.
post #94 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can have my spot for $1; unless someone bids more

Hey... nobody noticed I'm not "marcorsyscom" anymore. I got tired of you guys mangling it.

For anybody that was curious, it stands for Marine Corps Systems Command. I'm not a jarhead... I was an AF officer for 10 years though. I had a project several years ago with MarCorSysCom and I needed to create a web server real quick for a demonstration. So I created one called "marcorsyscom". After the project was over, I still had the web server and e-mail address, so I started using it for all my junk e-mail to keep spam away from my real accounts. When I signed up for this forum, I used my spam address... hence "marcorsyscom".

-Clarence

1 dolla it is. I will need your paypal info :^)

How are things Clarence?? How is the HT moving along?? I'm still waiting for the G70 to show up hopefully without completely fried CRT's :^)

I got REAL lucky on the first one but it sold REAL quick.....

Cliff
post #95 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by CMRA
Next update...or there abouts.

Hey, we can use some more nominations.

overclkr...what's your specialty?

Um, my specialty is great calibration by my even greater 15/15 vision on Barco, Electrohome, NECXG, and Sony G70....

Drawbacks = When I cant figure it out, I send it to Curt :^)

I'm actually in the midst of a tube swapout (waiting for housing to be removed from VDC) of a NEC XGLC blue CRT to a Sony G70.

Done much more in the past, but too tired to type more at this point :^)

Cliff
post #96 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

I think Cliffy bids on more PJs than I do. But I keep my Marquees and only continuously dabble with mass-quantities of cheap low-end toys. Cliff snags some bigger fish.

I think this "specialty" (or disease ) is very common in this forum... We need to come up with a name for it...

multi-CRT-itis?

symptoms:

An unexplainable urge to acquire and setup as many CRTs as possible, just for the first hand knowledge of learning and tweaking them.

Also an unavoidable impulse to give a good home to any CRT that is being offered at pennies on the dollar for what we've seen similar units go for in the previous months.

You know those old ladies that have 25 cats... well, Cliff and I (and others... you know who you are) have adopted maybe 25 cRts.

My wife has said 9 times... if I bring another stray home.... but she recently mistakenly said I should only seek PJs better than what I already have... fair enough! game on...
post #97 of 250 Old 10-03-2004, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, i think KBK should be on the list as well. He was around alot in the earlier days with his tweaks for crts before going full Goo!
post #98 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 12:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Sheesh , my spot really should go to Larry for the 1031Q FAQ [ like I said I am not worthy of the list , while it is certainly an honor to be listed there it is not something that I deserve as my skills are minimal when compared with those on the list ] .
--- Somebody out there must recall Larry's AVS screen-name ???

--- Or just give my spot to "LickPuppy" [ and I don't even want the $1 ] .

------------ Jason
post #99 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After the project was over, I still had the web server and e-mail address, so I started using it for all my junk e-mail to keep spam away from my real accounts. When I signed up for this forum, I used my spam address... hence "marcorsyscom".

-Clarence

Nice to know that Clarence keeps us all with his JUNK emails !! LOL

Graham
post #100 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Originally posted by JBJR
Yeah, i think KBK should be on the list as well. He was around alot in the earlier days with his tweaks for crts before going full Goo!

Wait........I'll get my shovel and we can go to the cemetery and dig up some CRT enthusiasts. You're right, it may get a little gooey.

Even EX CRTers (digital traitors) like the Pimp are showing up to get on a CRT list.

Hey Cliff,

Don't give HolyMacorolSystem (sorry Clarence) your buck, give it to me and you can have my spot.

G70s OR DEATH!!!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #101 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

-Clarence

I like the change Clearance....

I'm not as good as I once was
but I'm as good once as I ever was.
post #102 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think Cliffy bids on more PJs than I do. But I keep my Marquees and only continuously dabble with mass-quantities of cheap low-end toys. Cliff snags some bigger fish.

I think this "specialty" (or disease ) is very common in this forum... We need to come up with a name for it...

multi-CRT-itis?

symptoms:

An unexplainable urge to acquire and setup as many CRTs as possible, just for the first hand knowledge of learning and tweaking them.

Also an unavoidable impulse to give a good home to any CRT that is being offered at pennies on the dollar for what we've seen similar units go for in the previous months.

You know those old ladies that have 25 cats... well, Cliff and I (and others... you know who you are) have adopted maybe 25 cRts.

My wife has said 9 times... if I bring another stray home.... but she recently mistakenly said I should only seek PJs better than what I already have... fair enough! game on...

I think you hit the nail on the head Clarence

Cliff
post #103 of 250 Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by techman707
Wait........I'll get my shovel and we can go to the cemetery and dig up some CRT enthusiasts. You're right, it may get a little gooey.

Even EX CRTers (digital traitors) like the Pimp are showing up to get on a CRT list.

Hey Cliff,

Don't give HolyMacorolSystem (sorry Clarence) your buck, give it to me and you can have my spot.

G70s OR DEATH!!!

For your spot, I'll give 2 dolla!

Cliff
post #104 of 250 Old 10-08-2004, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme................. Major reseller...........................................Vancouver
Doug Baisey............... NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .....Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate.................... Barcos, Skilled Amature............................Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT.......................... .........................Orange County, Ca
Clarence....................CRT Bargain Buyer....................................Virginia
Graham Johnson........Sony1292, NEC.........................................Austrailia
bblue-Bill Blue............Marquees.................................... .............San Diego
Tim-Etech...................Marquees............................ .....................Arizona
Mike Parker................MP Mods...................................................Maryl and
Chuchuf.....................Reseller,Repair................. .........................Georgia
William Phelps............G90, Marquee, JVC DILA...........................West Coast
PcCinema.................. Buyer of all, seller of some........................Portland
Art Sonneborn...........Best Video PQ available.............................Michigan
Gannon......................CRT Tube Tweaker....................................Midwest
DaGamePimp.............1031Q, Adapters, Cables..........................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy.................NEC, hardcore videophile..........................Germany
Oliver Klohs................Homecinema & CRT seller.........................Germany
Chuck Williams.......... Alignment, calibration, repairs..................Washington,DC
D6500KEN..................Stacked CRTs, Calibration.........................Indiana
Guy Kuo.....................Projector Setup and Info...........................Seattle
ChrisWiggles..............Barcos, helpful info...................................Seattle
overclkr......................Calibration................... .............................Chicago

Nominations STILL open.
post #105 of 250 Old 10-08-2004, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by overclkr
For your spot, I'll give 2 dolla!

Cliff

You want my Paypal address?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #106 of 250 Old 10-26-2004, 09:45 PM

bump
post #107 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Got any last minute 'who's who' nominations for 2004?
Now is the time.
post #108 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Curt Palme................. Major reseller...........................................Vancouver
Doug Baisey............... NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .....Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate.................... Barcos, Skilled Amature............................Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT.......................... .........................Orange County, Ca
Clarence....................CRT Bargain Buyer....................................Virginia
Graham Johnson........Sony1292, NEC.........................................Austrailia
bblue-Bill Blue............Marquees.................................... .............San Diego
Tim-Etech...................Marquees............................ .....................Arizona
Mike Parker................MP Mods...................................................Maryl and
Chuchuf.....................Reseller,Repair................. .........................Georgia
William Phelps............G90, Marquee, JVC DILA...........................West Coast
PcCinema.................. Buyer of all, seller of some........................Portland
Art Sonneborn...........Best Video PQ available.............................Michigan
Gannon......................CRT Tube Tweaker....................................Midwest
DaGamePimp.............1031Q, Adapters, Cables..........................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy.................NEC, hardcore videophile..........................Germany
Oliver Klohs................Homecinema & CRT seller.........................Germany
Chuck Williams.......... Alignment, calibration, repairs..................Washington,DC
D6500KEN..................Stacked CRTs, Calibration.........................Indiana
Guy Kuo.....................Projector Setup and Info...........................Seattle
ChrisWiggles..............Barcos, helpful info...................................Seattle
overclkr......................Calibration................... .............................Chicago

Nominations STILL open.

What, nobody's going to nominate rASter?

post #109 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Z-Photo
I would add:

RASTER..............................The annoying kid.......................Arkansas (no other state owns up to him)

It is very sloooooowwwwwww.

I had a long time ago.

post #110 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by flyingvee
no one in the midwest? how about a stop on the way to Mall of America?

Yes, i would like to know of anyone in the Midwest. To narrow it down a little anyone in Minneapolis/St. Paul area that is on this list???

"I think we can plug just one more thing into this outlet strip without triping the breaker."
post #111 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Joking aside for a second, today I had the pleasure of meeting with Walter Allen of Elite Video. I went to Elite to buy couple of things for My Ampro 4600HD. I had about an hour of undisturbed brain picking time. He was just about a question ahead of me and had an answer for everything I asked. It was obvious that there is alot going on upstairs there and that if he's forgotten anything, it's more than I'll ever know. A super nice guy to chat with. I look forward to meeting him again some day. I had hoped to meet Eric Gellar while I was there but he had to leave for a home emergency. Walters shop looks just like Curt's but all Ampro's.

Chip

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #112 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
well it does seem like everyone who's anyone is iether on the East or West coast. I have helped people out here in Colorado with Electrohomes , but that's about it! after reading Gary's post about his NEC I couldn't run any faster in the opposite direction if I found one. I would however like to get into the Sony G series if any should pop-up.

Marquee HD mod's Marquee Upgrade/re-build package
post #113 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Wonder how I got missed?! After all, I've been a factory certified tech for, or have had experience with at one time or another, almost every projector manufaturer there ever was - specialize in E-home, but also Barco, NEC, Sony, Ampro, Zenith, Mitsubishi (yea, they actually made projectors!!), Panasonic, GE, Seleco, Harmon (yea, I'm not proud of that one either), and a couple others I've forgotten. I feel so neglected...I guess I'll just go crawl back into my hole now....(sniff, sniff)....

Mike
post #114 of 250 Old 12-09-2004, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I wouldn't add my name to the list, but if anyone in the Los Angeles area wants an "okay" setup for their Marquee, they're welcome to contact me. I've got a great picture on my Marquee, though I'm sure it's only 70% of what the guys on your list can offer.

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
post #115 of 250 Old 12-11-2004, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

M NEWMAN.................Factory certified tech................................Dallas

Nominations STILL open.

post #116 of 250 Old 12-11-2004, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by M NEWMAN
Wonder how I got missed?! After all, I've been a factory certified tech for, or have had experience with at one time or another, almost every projector manufaturer there ever was - specialize in E-home, but also Barco, NEC, Sony, Ampro, Zenith, Mitsubishi (yea, they actually made projectors!!), Panasonic, GE, Seleco, Harmon (yea, I'm not proud of that one either), and a couple others I've forgotten. I feel so neglected...I guess I'll just go crawl back into my hole now....(sniff, sniff)....

You didn't get missed, when CMRA started "the list", he told everyone "who wanted to" to add their name to it. I can't remember who it was (since I'm getting senile), but their name was put on the list by someone and they "wanted it removed", so if anyone didn't put their name on, it was assumed they didn't want it on. Where were you hiding when CMRA kept bumping the thread asking for names?

post #117 of 250 Old 12-11-2004, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mike, your name is infamous in the industry. Yours is one that goes without saying. Actually you need to post more. Look at the bulk of the posters here now. Half never even heard of you. I know your the man...

Chip

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #118 of 250 Old 12-11-2004, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by stefuel
Mike, your name is infamous in the industry. Yours is one that goes without saying. Actually you need to post more. Look at the bulk of the posters here now. Half never even heard of you. I know your the man...

Chip

He 's on all the time, that's why I don't know how he missed it until now.

post #119 of 250 Old 12-12-2004, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by techman707
He 's on all the time, that's why I don't know how he missed it until now.

Three or four or is it four or five years ago, Mike was on the forum just about full time, or at least it seemed that way. I'll go so far as to say that fifty percent of the high volume techie posters from that time frame have left only to pop in on rare occasions. Ken only pops in from time to time and when was the last time anyone remembers seeing a post from Romano? The list of MIA's is a long one.

Chip

post #120 of 250 Old 12-12-2004, 06:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
So true ,and sad.

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley