Who's who...in CRT land? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 250 Old 08-04-2005, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanx guys, I've always been the fat kid that always seems to be invisible.

CRT's are not only a hobby.
They are our PASSION.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 250 Old 08-04-2005, 07:04 AM
kal
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

You don't see the connection? Read the list again and tell me how many on the list don't offer hardware or services directly or indirectly. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it but that list resembles what the old signature lines used to look like that we were asked to drop. Not my rules, Alans rules.
We all know who to thank for that now don't we

I agree with Chip. Banner adds here costs thousands/month. If I was someone paying that, I'd be kinda peeved if another reseller had their URL as part of a sticky in a thread at the top of a forum... Sure, it's a bit more hidden, but I could see why someone paying would not like it. I think Alan's would be doing the right thing to not allow such links, but that's just me. In the end they're not our rules - we just have to follow them.

I was going to add a link in my signature that said "CRT projector setup guides & manuals available here: CurtPalme.com". Not to promote sales for Curt, but to help people out as I really think it's been helping a lot of people. It's a fine line though, so I decided against it.

So who's going to ask to have Curt's refererral list URL added as a sticky?

Kal

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Founder:

|

post #183 of 250 Old 08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
"So who's going to ask to have Curt's referral list URL added as a sticky?" raster

Chip

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #184 of 250 Old 08-04-2005, 01:48 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Ha! Good one!

Editor:
, Founder:

|

post #185 of 250 Old 08-04-2005, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarp193 View Post

Well Duh Here I thought you had to be nominated. At least that's what it said at the bottom of the list.

OK, I'll just add my own name then, so here it is:

Update #16

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mp20748
Curt Palme................. Major reseller...........................................Vancouver
Doug Baisey............... NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .....Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate.................... Barcos, Skilled Amature............................Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT.......................... ................Orange County, Ca
Clarence....................CRT Bargain Buyer....................................Virginia
Graham Johnson........Sony1292, NEC.........................................Austrailia
bblue-Bill Blue............Marquees.................................... .............San Diego
Tim-Etech...................Marquee Expert (factory autorized).........Arizona
Mike Parker................Marquee Expert (factory authorized) MP Mods...MD
Mike Newman............Marquee Expert (factory authorized)........Texas
Chuchuf.....................Reseller,Repair................. .........................Georgia
William Phelps............G90, Marquee, JVC DILA...........................West Coast
PcCinema.................. Buyer of all, seller of some........................Portland
Art Sonneborn...........Best Video PQ available.............................Michigan
Gannon......................CRT Tube Tweaker....................................Midwest
DaGamePimp.............1031Q, Adapters, Cables..........................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy.................NEC, hardcore videophile..........................Germany
Oliver Klohs................Homecinema & CRT seller.........................Germany
Chuck Williams.......... Alignment, calibration, Master Tech..Washington,DC
D6500KEN..................Stacked CRTs, Calibration.........................Indiana
Guy Kuo.....................Projector Setup and Info...........................Seattle
ChrisWiggles..............Barcos, helpful info...................................Seattle
overclkr......................Calibration................... .............................Chicago
Dave Harper (DHarp193)...Installation/Calibration.....................Central, PA

Nominations STILL open.

There goes the bell curve now!!!

Who nominated you? Don't forget, you also need a second.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #186 of 250 Old 12-09-2005, 09:51 PM

hey anyone there? I got some questions about my imager414, i lost the software i had on computer to set it up. also cant remember what switches invert the picture,,. doah i need help
post #187 of 250 Old 12-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Advanced Member

The GE Imager 414 is the same as the NEC GP-3000.

User manual here: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/NECGP3000_User.zip

Chris
[NEC·ro·man·cy - Black magic; sorcery]
Where am I? Click here:
post #188 of 250 Old 12-10-2005, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dang, the old GE Imager 301 was my first projector

That thing made me totally hate DIP switches and pots!!!

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
post #189 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just got a bead on a 12" Barco. Once long ago I read such an animal existed. In particular, the green tube won't luminate.
Obviously rare, should I pass at any price? Does even Curt support such a monster?
post #190 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
CMRA, this is probably best for a new thread rather than dilute your original, well done thread.

The (912?) 12" is rumored to put out bunches of light, but not be as good for HT as the 9" from Barco. Prolly worth a ton of money though. I'll give you $500!

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
post #191 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA View Post

I just got a bead on a 12" Barco. Once long ago I read such an animal existed. In particular, the green tube won't luminate.
Obviously rare, should I pass at any price? Does even Curt support such a monster?

I would check with VDC to see if they could "rebuild" the tubes, at a minimum. If you can't get the tubes to light......

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration

post #192 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Glenn, why not add yourself to the "who's who" list as long as you're here. Just copy the latest list and add your name to it.

Btw, here's a blurb about the 912:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...&highlight=912

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
post #193 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA View Post

A pair of them were sold pn Ebay about 10 months ago and brought about 5k for the pair. The seller claimed the units came out of GM in Detroit and that tubes were perfect. I checked to see what "new" 12" tubes for it went for and was told about 3K each.

I saw one a few years ago and wasn't impressed, it DIDN'T have the latest chassis design. I would MUCH rather have a 909 than that pig.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #194 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707 View Post

A pair of them were sold pn Ebay about 10 months ago and brought about 5k for the pair. The seller claimed the units came out of GM in Detroit and that tubes were perfect. I checked to see what "new" 12" tubes for it went for and was told about 3K each.

I saw one a few years ago and wasn't impressed, it DIDN'T have the latest chassis design. I would MUCH rather have a 909 than that pig.

OH MY GOD BIG DOG YOUR ALIVE!!!!!

Hope things are well with you my friend.

I'll give you a call this week......

Cliffy
post #195 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

OH MY GOD BIG DOG YOUR ALIVE!!!!!

Hope things are well with you my friend.

I'll give you a call this week......

Cliffy

Hey Cliffy,

Wait until the end of the week to call me because I'm still in FL and should be heading back to NY tomorrow or the next day. Been sick, so I couldn't leave till now.

Bruce

post #196 of 250 Old 05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post

Glenn, why not add yourself to the "who's who" list as long as you're here. Just copy the latest list and add your name to it.

Btw, here's a blurb about the 912:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...&highlight=912

Thanks for the heads-up, I thought I was on the list....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt Palme.................... Major reseller..............................................Vancou ver
Doug Baisey.................. NEC Tech....................................................Cali fornia
Techman707- Bruce.... G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech ............Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate....................... Barcos, Skilled Armature................................Virginia
AVWERKS..................... MultiCRT.................................................... .Orange County, Ca
Clarence....................... CRT Bargain Buyer.......................................Virginia
Graham Johnson............ Sony1292, NEC...........................................Australia
bblue-Bill Blue................ Marquees...................................................S an Diego
Tim-Etech...................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized)..............Arizona
Mike Parker.................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized) MP Mods...MD
Mike Newman................. Marquee Expert (factory authorized).............Texas
Chuchuf......................... Reseller,Repair...........................................Ge orgia
William Phelps................ G90, Marquee, JVC DILA..............................West Coast
PcCinema...................... Buyer of all, seller of some...........................Portland
Art Sonneborn............... Best Video PQ available................................Michigan
Gannon........................ CRT Tube Tweaker.......................................Midwest
DaGamePimp................ 1031Q, Adapters, Cables...............................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy.................... NEC, hardcore videophile..............................Germany
Oliver Klohs................... Homecinema & CRT seller.............................Germany
Chuck Williams.............. Alignment, calibration, Master Tech................Washington, DC
D6500KEN.................... Stacked CRTs, Calibration.............................Indiana
Guy Kuo....................... Projector Setup and Info...............................Seattle
ChrisWiggles................. Barcos, helpful info......................................Seattle
overclkr....................... Calibration................... ..............................Chicago
Dave Harper (DHarp193)...Installation/Calibration...............................Central, PA
Glen Carter.................. Marquee/Barco/ISF Calibration.......................Southern California

Nominations STILL open.

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration

post #197 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This list hasn't grown much lately. Any new nominees?
post #198 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

My own interpretation of how I should be listed, IF I'm listed:

Chris Johnson, occasional reseller, calibrator, repairman, installer, focus systems modifications, Melbourne, FL

Tse should be on the list. Our "inside source" VDC engineer.

CJ
post #199 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme....................... Major reseller..............................................Vancou ver
Doug Baisey..................... NEC Tech....................................................Cali fornia
Techman707- Bruce........ G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .............Florida and New York
secstate.......................... Barcos, Skilled Armature................................Virginia
AVWERKS........................ MultiCRT.................................................... .Orange County, Ca
Clarence.......................... CRT Bargain Buyer........................................Virginia
Graham Johnson................ Sony1292, NEC...........................................Australia
bblue-Bill Blue................... Marquees...................................................S an Diego
Tim-Etech......................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized)..............Arizona
Mike Parker....................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized) MP Mods...MD
Mike Newman.................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized).............Texas
Chuchuf............................ Reseller,Repair...........................................Ge orgia
William Phelps................... G90, Marquee, JVC DILA..............................West Coast
PcCinema......................... Buyer of all, seller of some...........................Portland
Art Sonneborn.................. Best Video PQ available................................Michigan
Gannon........................... CRT Tube Tweaker.......................................Midwest
DaGamePimp................... 1031Q, Adapters, Cables...............................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy....................... NEC, hardcore videophile..............................Germany
Oliver Klohs...................... Homecinema & CRT seller.............................Germany
Chuck Williams................. Alignment, calibration, Master Tech................Washington, DC
D6500KEN....................... Stacked CRTs, Calibration.............................Indiana
Guy Kuo.......................... Projector Setup and Info..............................Seattle
ChrisWiggles.................... Barcos, helpful info......................................Seattle
overclkr.......................... Calibration................... ..............................Chicago
Dave Harper (DHarp193)...Installation/Calibration.................................Central, PA
Glen Carter...................... Marquee/Barco/ISF Calibration......................Southern California
Chris Johnson..Occasional reseller, calibrator, repairman...Melbourne, FL
TSE (Scott).. Technician at VDC..Florida

post #200 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Not to pick nits, but that should be "amateur", not "armature", which is the part of a motor that spins.

CJ
post #201 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
tse
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme....................... Major reseller..............................................Vancou ver
Doug Baisey..................... NEC Tech....................................................Cali fornia
Techman707- Bruce........ G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .............Florida and New York
secstate.......................... Barcos, Skilled Armature................................Virginia
AVWERKS........................ MultiCRT.................................................... .Orange County, Ca
Clarence.......................... CRT Bargain Buyer........................................Virginia
Graham Johnson................ Sony1292, NEC...........................................Australia
bblue-Bill Blue................... Marquees...................................................S an Diego
Tim-Etech......................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized)..............Arizona
Mike Parker....................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized) MP Mods...MD
Mike Newman.................... Marquee Expert (factory authorized).............Texas
Chuchuf............................ Reseller,Repair...........................................Ge orgia
William Phelps................... G90, Marquee, JVC DILA..............................West Coast
PcCinema......................... Buyer of all, seller of some...........................Portland
Art Sonneborn.................. Best Video PQ available................................Michigan
Gannon........................... CRT Tube Tweaker.......................................Midwest
DaGamePimp................... 1031Q, Adapters, Cables...............................Vancouver
Bjoern Roy....................... NEC, hardcore videophile..............................Germany
Oliver Klohs...................... Homecinema & CRT seller.............................Germany
Chuck Williams................. Alignment, calibration, Master Tech................Washington, DC
D6500KEN....................... Stacked CRTs, Calibration.............................Indiana
Guy Kuo.......................... Projector Setup and Info..............................Seattle
ChrisWiggles.................... Barcos, helpful info......................................Seattle
overclkr.......................... Calibration................... ..............................Chicago
Dave Harper (DHarp193)...Installation/Calibration.................................Central, PA
Glen Carter...................... Marquee/Barco/ISF Calibration......................Southern California
tse (Scott).. Engineer at VDC..Florida
post #202 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Techman707- Bruce…........ G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .............Florida and New York
Dave Harper (DHarp193)…...Installation/Calibration.................................Central, PA
Chris Johnson……………………..Occasional reseller, calibrator, repairman……..….Melbourne, FL
TSE (Scott)……………………….. Receptionist at VDC………………………….……………….Florida

I couldn't resisit! Since there is no one at the front door, if someone was bold enough then he could walk in and grab some supplies.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #203 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Actually, there IS a new receptionist there. She's been working for about a week now.

Quite an attractive young lady.

CJ
post #204 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

I took the liberty of arranging all names in alphabetical order and added a crazy swede to the list.

mrking.........Reseller, Installation, Calibration, ISF Calibration.Sweden
tse (Scott).. Engineer at VDC..Florida

"Once you go BLACK you never go BACK!.." CRT forever!!!
info at cimagine.se
post #205 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

And I took the "liberty" of putting it back the way it was, in the order of the people who added their names from the beginning. Besides, alphabetical doesn't use first names anyway.

TSE (Scott).. Engineer at VDC..........Florida

CJ- It says "Armature" because that's the way the person who added their name typed it in. It's not for anyone else to correct but him.

post #206 of 250 Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 PM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

What happened to my name? I don't see my name on there.
post #207 of 250 Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707 View Post

And I took the "liberty" of putting it back the way it was, in the order of the people who added their names from the beginning. Besides, alphabetical doesn't use first names anyway.

Umm... excuse me?
If I remember correctly it was CMRA who added the names in the beginning without contributions and nominations from others.

Besides this is meant to keep track on the people on this forum who can contribute to the CRT-community right? And since pretty much every contributor has their handles listed I don't see why they shouldn't be listed in alphabetical order instead of in random order.

Or maybe it would be ok with you if it looked like this instead....

Bruce, Techman707- ........ G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .............Florida and New YorkB

and so on

Silly...

"Once you go BLACK you never go BACK!.." CRT forever!!!
info at cimagine.se
post #208 of 250 Old 10-27-2006, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 443
I'm not there either!

Mark Haflich

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #209 of 250 Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

No one looks at this list unless CMRA bumps it, which he does every 4 or 5 months when he can't think of anything new to post. In a couple of days it will sink out of site and out of mind again, not to be seen for another 4 or 5 months. Add yourself to the list if it's that important to you Mark. Hell I'll just do it for you.

TSE (Scott).. Engineer at VDC..........Florida
mark haflich......................A/V store owner..........................................brookeville, MD
Phil Smith..........................CRT God......................................................Dal las, TX

Phil Smith
post #210 of 250 Old 10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post

No one looks at this list unless CMRA bumps it, which he does every 4 or 5 months when he can't think of anything new to post. In a couple of days it will sink out of site and out of mind again, not to be seen for another 4 or 5 months. Add yourself to the list if it's that important to you Mark.

That is so funny, because it is true! If it wasn't for CMRA's manic desire to bump his old threads, then no one would ever see this. It is still a good list though, even if I disagree with Art's description.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page