Who's who...in CRT land? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's the skinny on the players here? Please add/edit (copy and paste) to this directory: Who does what, where?

*See latest POST*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Hah!!! I don't know WHAT *I'm* doing on that list, with people who know what they're doing!!

Slight edit:

garyfritz ... clueless but talkative newb with an XG852 .... Colorado
post #3 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Originally posted by CMRA
What's the skinny on the players here? Please add/edit (copy and paste) to this directory: Who does what, where?

Curt Palme Major reseller.................................................... ..Vancouver
Doug Baisey NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech ........Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate Barcos...................................................... Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT............
marcorsyscom............MultiCRT............................ ........................Virginia
Graham Johnson........Sony1292, NEC.........................................Austrailia
deronmoped-Deron....NECs............................................... .........San Diego
bblue-Bill Blue............Marquees.................................... .............San Diego
garyfritz................................................... ....................................Colorado

next?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #4 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update #1:

Curt Palme Major reseller...Vancouver
Doug Baisey NEC Tech..........California
Techman707 G70 Tech...........
secstate Barcos...............
AVWERKS MultiCRT............
marcorsyscom MultiCRT............Virginia
Graham J ............Austrailia
deronmoped NECs.................San Diego
bblue Marquees..........San Diego
post #5 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update #2:

Curt Palme Major reseller.................................................... ..Vancouver
Doug Baisey NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech ........Florida and New York (currently in NY)
marcorsyscom............MultiCRT............................ ........................Virginia
Graham Johnson........Sony1292, NEC.........................................Austrailia
deronmoped-Deron....NECs............................................... .........San Diego
bblue-Bill Blue............Marquees.................................... .............San Diego
post #6 of 250 Old 09-26-2004, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That list is only for someone who sells, calibrates, or services CRT projectors, right?

If so, add Tim @ eTechVideo.com for Marquee in AZ
and...
Mike Parker for Marquee in MD

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
post #7 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme Major reseller.................................................... ..........Vancouver
Doug Baisey NEC Tech........................................................ ...........California
Tim-Etech...................Marquees............................ .....................Arizona
Mike Parker................MP Mods...................................................Maryl and

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #8 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 12:20 AM

Liked: 14
Drew Packard maybe too, i dunno if he's still around or not, but i know he's in monroe. I've never blown my projectors up, so I've not dealt with him personally.
post #9 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme................. Major reseller...........................................Vancouver
Doug Baisey............... NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .....Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate.................... Barcos...................................................... Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT.......................... ..........................
Tim-Etech...................Marquees............................ .....................Arizona
Mike Parker................MP Mods...................................................Maryl and
post #10 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 03:35 AM
Advanced Member

I think Terry needs to be on there too, NEC guru, georgia I think.

post #11 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Advanced Member

To guys based in UK should be mentioned- from experience they're competent and helpful. They're not particularly vocal here, but it'd be hard to run a Barco etc on the cheap here without them.

Henry ....reseller and knows BARCO/Sony/Marquee....UK

Roland....reseller ...ditto....UK
post #12 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 04:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Guess I need to post more. I feel forgotten.

Yes I sell, repair, calibrate & install Barco, NEC, Sony and E'Home

Terry

AVS Marketplace or Videogon are the places to see F/S ads
post #13 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 04:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by garyfritz
Hah!!! I don't know WHAT *I'm* doing on that list, with people who know what they're doing!!

Slight edit:

garyfritz ... clueless but talkative newb with an XG852 .... Colorado

Quote:

Originally posted by CZ Eddie
That list is only for someone who sells, calibrates, or services CRT projectors, right?

I'm just a talkative newbie, too.
I don't sell or service, either.
I just buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.

-Clarence
post #14 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 05:30 AM

Is Nick at SunTech still around? I haven't seen him post in a while but he was great to work with.

Steve
post #15 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

See this post to help your list out

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=99418
post #16 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Don't forget Dennis Erskine and Terry Montlick! Sound & design wizards extraordinaire. BasementBob (Bob Golds) and Ethan Winer are also very helpful for sound issues.
post #17 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Curt Palme................. Major reseller...........................................Vancouver
Doug Baisey............... NEC Tech.................................................Califor nia
Techman707- Bruce...G70, G90, D50, Marquee - Super Tech .....Florida and New York (currently in NY)
secstate.................... Barcos, Skilled Amature............................Virginia
AVWERKS...................MultiCRT.......................... ..........................
marcorsyscom............CRT Bargain Buyer....................................Virginia

Churchuf....................Reseller,Repair................. .........................Georgia

***Feel free to copy, edit, and repost this directory. Make sure to use a member's AVS handle first. Remember, keep it simple: AVS name, service or specialty, and location.***
post #18 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I would say I am a Barco skilled amateur and I don't belong in the pantheon of stars here. Also I don't sell projectors other than the odd spare part.
post #19 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Whew..... glad I'm not on that list. Too much attention.

Marc

Welcome to the darkside.....
post #20 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I want off the list.

It has always been just been a hobbie for me till somehow I ended up with a bunch of PJ's. Still have a Marquee 8000 thats ready to sell just no time to do that. That goes for a Barco 1100 and a 1200 that have been sitting around for a couple of years, just no time to mess with them. Worth to much to junk, not worth enough for me to sell.

Deron.

CRT Videophile
post #21 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

secstate.................... Barcos, Skilled Amature............................Virginia
marcorsyscom............CRT Bargain Buyer....................................Virginia
Churchuf....................Reseller,Repair................. .........................Georgia

***Members: If you have made notable contributions to this forum, please include yourself***
post #22 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Churchuf-Terry...........Reseller,Repair............................. ............Georgia

***Members: If you have made notable contributions to this forum, please include yourself***

post #23 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I like this better........lol

Churchuf-Terry...........Reseller,Rebuilder,Repair,Install, Calibration....Georgia
Specializing in the NEC XG series, G70, G90, Marquee 9500 series, Barco 808S
Custom built 106x60 Torus screens, Custom HTPC's, Video Cables

and now everybody else.....

Sorry I couldn't resist especially didn't want to outdone by Bruce......lol

Terry

AVS Marketplace or Videogon are the places to see F/S ads
post #24 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well, if we're taking this in another direction, then I concur:

Churchuf-Terry...........Reseller,Rebuilder,Repair,Install, Calibration....Georgia
Specializing in the NEC XG series, G70, G90, Marquee 9500 series, Barco 808S
Custom built 106x60 Torus screens, Custom HTPC's, Video Cables

and now everybody else.....

Curt Palme- spokesperson for defenseless young Mallards, leader of none

It's gotta be a slow Monday..

Curt

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #25 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 01:47 PM

I would add:

RASTER..............................The annoying kid.......................Arkansas (no other state own up to him)

It is very sloooooowwwwwww.
post #26 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

no one in the midwest? how about a stop on the way to Mall of America?

Jon

Denon DVP - everyone else loves it.
post #27 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 04:54 PM
wm
AVS Special Member

William Phelps................G90, Marquee, JVC DILA.............................Planet Earth

(Originator of G90 Optimum Throw Distance and G90 Optimum Focus techniques)

wm_avs6 (at) meier-phelps (dot) com (Note - new address! Please do not use AVS PM)
---
Optimized by William PhelpsÂ
post #28 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey, have I been gone that long?

PcCinema - Buyer of all, seller of some... Portland Oregon

The Non-Profit Home Theater Company will make your HTPC experience much easier.
Link for info on our first project
post #29 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

William Phelps............G90, Marquee, JVC DILA...........................West Coast
PcCinema.................. Buyer of all, seller of some........................Portland
post #30 of 250 Old 09-27-2004, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by wm
Planet Earth

Well you sure had me fooled! There have been many occasions that I almost interjected, "Earth to Phelps! Earth to Phelps! Just kidding William.

Why not only include AVS members that are in one form or another, seriously in the CRT business? There's really no reason to have a list of anyone else, other than to massage someone's ego.

Oh, and while we're on the ego thing, why not list them alphabetically to remove any appearance of favoritism.

Phil Smith
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page