post #91 of 470 Old 07-29-2005, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK
Actually, I don't think it is on the neck boards..

You are partially right here.. ;)

It's all about the performance... Got Marquee!

High Performance Marquee Video chain modifications.  Now available!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK
Actually, I don't think it is on the neck boards..and as i begin to go through the whole logic of figuring it out...
You're right, it's not.. ;)

And it's not the power supply...

No hints!

post #93 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Mike, if you don't want to give us any hints, could you at least sell us the fix ? ;)

Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining !
Come and visit our French speaking forum :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #94 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Yes, I've stopped taking on new projects. I had to, I have too many things on my plate. I'm now funtioning on a priority basic. And for now. it's the MP-5. And once I'm able to get that project completed, then we'll move on to the 1292. mike parker
That Was: 05-20-05, 02:02 AM

Mike how long is your week?? Come on either get to the fix or shut up!!
post #95 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunterx

Dang, you're right here. It's taking far too long to get this fix out there. I hate to throw the towel in on this, mainly because I've spent some valuable time in running this problem down... oh well, maybe it's best. After all. I still have a ton of things on my plate, and most of them have yet to be addressed.

Anyway, I'll have to do something. I have at least four customers waiting on me to install CRT's in their projectors, and they won't let anyone else do it :confused:

I also have a ton of power supplies and other boards to repair.

Plus several other things to include the MP-5's, for which I've decided to keep first and make sure I deliver a very fine product. So I guess I should take your recommendation and "shut up"

It's not easy being me :(

post #96 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 12:22 PM
WTS
AVS Special Member

Mike,

I think you need a holiday first.

Walter
post #97 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunterx

Wasn't headhunter the one selling the two 1292q's on ebay recently? If so he wouldn't need the mod anyway.

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mike,

It would be a real shame to abandon the streaking fix when from what you have said you have found both the cause and solution for the problem..

How many hours do you estimate you would need to complete the project?

Are you contemplating offering a board swap arrangement or sell a kit with a bunch of parts and instructions of which parts to swap?

John
post #99 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Maniac
Mike,

It would be a real shame to abandon the streaking fix when from what you have said you have found both the cause and solution for the problem..

Ain't gonna happen... I'm taking this across the finish line.. ;)

post #100 of 470 Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748
Ain't gonna happen... I'm taking this across the finish line.. ;)
Good thing. I was going to pass the hat and get you a stripper to properly christen the new shop. And, maybe a dom for headhunter . . . On second thought, he's apparently a masochist . . . if he can author an attack like that he might just enjoy a dom *a little too much*. :D

I enjoy mowing my lawn. It's the only two hours of my week where I know what's expected, understand the job, can forsee completion, and look back and see progress.
post #101 of 470 Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Pom pom polom :cool:

post #102 of 470 Old 08-20-2005, 09:07 AM

My guess is that Mike is going to replace/bypass some nasty electrolytic coupling caps on the IFB-11 input card and the BB card . The signal goes through 3 cards on the way to the Video neck boards.Mostly relays and monolythic ics and a very interesting discrete op amp.And then again maybe not ;)
Andrew
post #103 of 470 Old 08-21-2005, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Atom,

I think you have something in your eye :)

My palms are sweating as I wait for this. Then I can finally get my fully modded 1292 back and have it dialed in by a professional. I am currently watching a stock 1292 that my sorry butt set up. The good thing is, when this is all done, I get to go back a re-watch a lot of movies while grinning ear to ear because of the difference in PQ!

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!

Mike

I'VE RECENTLY COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE CLIFFY AND THEREFORE I AM HAPPY WITH JUST ONE G90! and an RS1 shhhhhhhhhh!
post #104 of 470 Old 09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mike, are you still with us ? :D

post #105 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 06:56 AM

Wow ! look at the number of views on this thread. I guess a lot of people are waiting for this fix , me included.

Regards

My Home Theater
post #106 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah me too..

I'm in the same boat as Dochwyld - I have a fully KBK modded 1292 sitting here not being used - just waiting for the streaking fix - and then get calibrated by a pro..

To Mike P:

Any further developments?

John
post #107 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

While we are waiting for Mike, MC Maniac can you tell me more about this KBK mod for the 1292 ?

post #108 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix! Streaking fix!

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me.
post #109 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys need someone else to look into it and provide the solution(s) for free. There's a number of technically competent members on this board, not just one. And one other in particular has recently given away a design of his, for the benefit of all here.

Loving my Electric Bike!!
post #110 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W
You guys need someone else to look into it and provide the solution(s) for free. There's a number of technically competent members on this board, not just one. And one other in particular has recently given away a design of his, for the benefit of all here.
Excuse me, but who said we expect it for free???

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me.
post #111 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

First let me apologize for not getting back to making the fix available sooner. The reason for not bringing it forward sooner, was because I needed more time and work space to really wrap this project up. I've since moved my shop to a much larger location, and have almost finished setting up my operation. I've had to work very hard to clear some things from my schedule, and had to put some other things on hold so that I could get back to this project. Next week is out for me, but the following week I will be standing over that 1292.

btw, I don't have a problem what-so-ever with someone else taking on this project. However, do understand that if the fix comes from me, it will have a price attached to it.

post #112 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

(Edit: response to Semisentient's post, not Mikes...he types too fast!)

No one, but being willing to pay hasn't helped you guys much so far. And a bit of community spirit rather than capitalism isn't always a bad thing.

Some of us play with these things for fun. I wish I could help personally, but it's well beyond me technically.

For instance one of my mates mods video cards and Momitsus (bnc mods, remove filters), and will do it for a fee. But he's happy to provide photo's and instructions to do your own yourself for nothing- if you're game and willing to risk your card, and not hold him responsible if you screw up.

Most people will look at what needs to be done, get some understanding of what's going on and the degree of difficulty, and pay to get it done. And we all gain some technical knowledge and understanding.

This just seems cruel that's all.

Loving my Electric Bike!!
post #113 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
(Edit: response to Semisentient's post, not Mikes...he types too fast!)

No one, but being willing to pay hasn't helped you guys much so far. And a bit of community spirit rather than capitalism isn't always a bad thing.

Some of us play with these things for fun. I wish I could help personally, but it's well beyond me technically.

For instance one of my mates mods video cards and Momitsus (bnc mods, remove filters), and will do it for a fee. But he's happy to provide photo's and instructions to do your own yourself for nothing- if you're game and willing to risk your card, and not hold him responsible if you screw up.

Most people will look at what needs to be done, get some understanding of what's going on and the degree of difficulty, and pay to get it done. And we all gain some technical knowledge and understanding.

This just seems cruel that's all.

I gotcha, sorry...

I would could take on the challenge myself I suppose. I guarantee I could make the 1292 stop streaking! Of course it would stop doing everything else as well ;)

James

post #114 of 470 Old 09-02-2005, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mike,

Everyone knows your situation and also knows that if your hands are touching this project that it is well worth the wait and fee. Even with how crazy your life has been recently, youve managed to decifer the problem and get further than anyone else in years! I think people are just overly excited to finally have a solution to this that's why we are so persistent. Please don't mistake our excitement for a lack of gratitude. I, for one, appreciate the efforts you've put into this and I'm sure that many others here feel the same!

Here's to good health and much success!!

Mike

I'VE RECENTLY COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE CLIFFY AND THEREFORE I AM HAPPY WITH JUST ONE G90! and an RS1 shhhhhhhhhh!
post #115 of 470 Old 09-03-2005, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangoO
While we are waiting for Mike, MC Maniac can you tell me more about this KBK mod for the 1292 ?
I'm afraid there's not much I can tell you at this point, about the full blown mods, other than KBK changed a whole whack of parts on all the boards..

I can't even tell yet whether it was worthwhile getting the full KBK treatment..after finally getting the CRT back from Ken, I was doing the blending experiments..

Impossible doing the blending on a painted wall, in another room without total light control, to assess the image from the fully KBK modded one..too many variables happening..

My current 1292 that is being used, has only a mild case of the streaking and doesn't bother me for the occasional times I see them..This 1292 had the basic KBK mods done - to the input cards and neck boards..Ken did these mods at my house - took him around 12 hours..

End result was a *BIG* improvement to the image - this is why I am so anxious to get the streaking fixed - both Mike P and KBK say fixing the streaking, will improve the overall image - not just eliminate the streaks..if the fix ups the performance another notch, it will have been worth the wait..

John
post #116 of 470 Old 09-03-2005, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why not both?

:D

post #117 of 470 Old 09-03-2005, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mike,

The other thing I think members aren't realizing is that this IS YOUR JOB and it IS HOW YOU MAKE YOUR LIVING. So, if people stop to think about it, they wouldn't want to go to their current jobs for free when that's what's paying their bills and putting food on the table. I'm sure if you had an idea on how to make a good pot of coffee you would gladly share this with the rest of us. This isn't just a hobby or something you dabble in, this is your business and way of providing for your family. You don't have your regular day job bringing in income and then you come home and tinker with this stuff in your spare time. I just don't think people stop to think about it in that perspective because it's just a hobby for them.

Just my opinion. Other members, please don't take offense. I was just giving a different view is all.

Have a great holiday!!

Mike

post #118 of 470 Old 09-04-2005, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Maniac
End result was a *BIG* improvement to the image
What was improved, sharpness, constrast, etc ?

About the price of the streaking fix, of course I am ready to pay !
The only issue here is that I'm in Europe, so I hope there will be a way to get this fix without sending my 1292 (or even parts of it), otherwise I will never get the fix :(

post #119 of 470 Old 09-04-2005, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangoO
What was improved, sharpness, constrast, etc ?
There was alot less video noise -yes a bit sharper - the picture just had more punch to it....

Quote:
About the price of the streaking fix, of course I am ready to pay !
The only issue here is that I'm in Europe, so I hope there will be a way to get this fix without sending my 1292 (or even parts of it), otherwise I will never get the fix :(
Mike hasn't said what his plans are - I imagine he could sell you a parts kit with instructions..

He has my 1292 and is welcome to do a board swap arrangement - he mods the boards - you send in yours and he ships out the modded ones - then uses your boards to swap with the next guy etc..you should only be down the transit time of shipping both ways..

John
post #120 of 470 Old 09-04-2005, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mike will this streaking fix apply to most all Pj's like Ampro, Barco and even RPTV's??

every CRT front/rear PJ I have ever owned streaked except one or 2 units

Thanks Mike, many of us anxiously await your work and appreciate your efforts

-Gary
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page