OT- No sympathy for Katrina victims? - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #331 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bush had declared LA, MS and AL disaster areas 2 days BEFORE the hurricane hit. WHY? So the governer COULD federalize her/their troops so they would be ready the minute they were needed. The MAYOR and GOVERNOR are the ones who blew it. Did you notice the snub of the governor? She was left behind when they flew over the city. Bush was VERY pro-active here. But of course as usual he gets NO credit, only blame.

Yes, I'm a nazi because I don't think that everyone should be breeding. Believe me some well placed birth control would do wonders for this country...no, the entire world!

So what, I have a different opinion than you. If you don't like what I say ignore me. Or better yet, try to convince me how wrong I am.

Ok, maybe you're right about the people at the convention center. Maybe they did make them stay there. But I'm sure it was for the safety of those responding. They were most likely afraid of being overrun and then you'd have a group with nothing that has simply moved to a new place.

Things will get better. It takes time to move in people and supplies. People are working as fast as they can.

I knew it would happen, the race card has been thrown down, I'm just surprised it took this long. What *******s! What a bunch of ungrateful pricks... Not all of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWood
What if a cat 5 hurricane were about to make landfall on this thread. Shouldn't we all try to pull together now and get this thread ready for it. If we don't then I fear a 30 foot storm surge is gonna come through and knock down the levees and this thread will be obliterated.
A CAT 5 hurricane does not need to hit this thread for disaster to start. Already posters are displaying their bad sides, and if it was possible for some to electronically shoot others on this thread, it would have happened, yet we claim that some of the individuals who have been VICTIMS of the hurricane is "less than human"

It's all about the performance... Got Marquee!

High Performance Marquee Video chain modifications.  Now available!

post #333 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Who is to blame?

This past evening a program segment on "NOW", a KPBS weekly, aired a pre-Katrina documentary from 2002. Laid out was the absolute need to upgrade the levees and pumping system in NO. To make a long story short, funds were appropriated and then subsequently diverted for 'homeland security'. Many parties and planners not only knew of the impending disaster but made plans prior to 2002 for the fix.
Perhaps the real blame, or at least part of it, rests in the hands of America's enemies?
post #334 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA
To make a long story short, funds were appropriated and then subsequently diverted for 'homeland security'. Many parties and planners not only knew of the impending disaster but made plans prior to 2002 for the fix.
Perhaps the real blame, or at least part of it, rests in the hands of America's enemies?
Heck, there were no WMD in Iraq, so Bush might as well invade Iran or North Korea beacuse of a hurrican that hit the States. :rolleyes:

You have to be kidding right?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me.
post #335 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcCinema
Stephan, if you don't like bush by all means do something about it. Myself and apparently well over half the other citizens would clear a path and not even try to block your aim. :)

I guess I had a "misunderstandment" :) because it really did sound like you wanted us all to pay for everything wrong with the world. I wish more folks would point the finger at bush and those like him than at the general public of any of their countries. We didn't elect the man the first time, and the second time he won by manipulating peoples fears, dreams, delusions, and greed.

Troy

wasn,t pat robertson roasted rightly for musing the same thing should be done to chavez?

and as for your second comment about bushes election ...get over it already bush bashers like yourself troy look ridiculous whining about "W" s election which he won fair and square save your tears for the poor floks on the gulf coast..... :mad:

behind every successful man is a suprised mother-inlaw......
post #336 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tomorrow night, starting at 8pm Eastern and Pacific, the Discovery Channel airs a series of hurricane Katrina documentaris. Two of them are repeats from Wednesday evening.

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/sc...05&channel=DSC
post #337 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 09:24 AM

As a long time Red Cross volunteer I appreciated the benefit concert last night.

The Federal response has been horrible and people are still waiting for help. Where is the Presidents passion for this tragedy. It's like it's just another day at the office. The media kept making a big deal that he was cutting his vacation short 2 days to survey the damage etc... are you kidding me. That is an outrage. This is the president, where's the leadership, the structure, the hope, the compassion etc...

It should have been more like "This natural disaster is of epic proportions and we will respond with with an epic effort. Every available National Guardsmen and military personnel will be sent to the scene ASAP. Fleets of military, government and commercial vehicles (i.e. buses, helicopters, transport vehicles) are headed to the scene as I speak to you. I have contacted all states and local agencies to pool resources such as food, water, medical supplies, transport vehicles, medical personal from the government and private sectors (doctors, nurses, EMT etc...) to employ a massive transition of assistance into those affected areas. I employ all medically certified personnel who are watching and want to assist to call 1-888-GET-HELP. I am calling on the private business sector to help meet this challenge and assist these communities by donating various staples such and food, water, clothing and medical supplies and as well monetary contributions to assist and aid the federal, state and local governments, the community based organization and good will of the american people. America, we need all hands on deck and we need to let those affected know that they are not alone, not forgotten and help is on the way. This is your President and I have seen the devastation, I hear your voices, we all hear your voices and they will not go unheard. America must unite and respond collectively to this catastrophe that has befallen our great nation and we shall not rest until we have secured the safety, security and well-being of those affected by this devastating calamity."

How the hell am I supposed to learn anything with all this yackin' going on.
post #338 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 09:36 AM

Run for presidency!
post #339 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by launche
As a long time Red Cross volunteer I appreciated the benefit concert last night.

The Federal response has been horrible and people are still waiting for help. Where is the Presidents passion for this tragedy. It's like it's just another day at the office. The media kept making a big deal that he was cutting his vacation short 2 days to survey the damage etc... are you kidding me. That is an outrage. This is the president, where's the leadership, the structure, the hope, the compassion etc...

It should have been more like "This natural disaster is of epic proportions and we will respond with with an epic effort. Every available National Guardsmen and military personnel will be sent to the scene ASAP. Fleets of military, government and commercial vehicles (i.e. buses, helicopters, transport vehicles) are headed to the scene as I speak to you. I have contacted all states and local agencies to pool resources such as food, water, medical supplies, transport vehicles, medical personal from the government and private sectors (doctors, nurses, EMT etc...) to employ a massive transition of assistance into those affected areas. I employ all medically certified personnel who are watching and want to assist to call 1-888-GET-HELP. I am calling on the private business sector to help meet this challenge and assist these communities by donating various staples such and food, water, clothing and medical supplies and as well monetary contributions to assist and aid the federal, state and local governments, the community based organization and good will of the american people. America, we need all hands on deck and we need to let those affected know that they are not alone, not forgotten and help is on the way. This is your President and I have seen the devastation, I hear your voices, we all hear your voices and they will not go unheard. America must unite and respond collectively to this catastrophe that has befallen our great nation and we shall not rest until we have secured the safety, security and well-being of those affected by this devastating calamity."
A bit altruistic, but certainly in the spirit and fortitude known as the 'American Way'. Fear not, the great majority of us will freely step up to the plate and do what it takes. We the people can reverse this tarnished image and we can do it with or without a figurehead. The good news is only just beginning.
post #340 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 11:01 AM

launche,

And then... What do you do with them? What do you do with 100,000 evacuees with nothing? I literally mean NOTHING. These aren't people like you and me with insurance. These are people who had nothing to begin with and will have nothing when this is all over. To be quite frank, nobody wants them. Sad but true. And it's not their fault per se, it's OURS for allowing entire generations to "live free" and I'm speaking of money, jobs, the lack of, not "freedom". Where do you send 100,000 people who will be a drain on whomever accepts them?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, I'm simply stating a fact. The productive people are long gone. The "losers" are the ones left behind. What ARE we going to do with them?
post #341 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeuser2
launche,

And then... What do you do with them? What do you do with 100,000 evacuees with nothing? I literally mean NOTHING. These aren't people like you and me with insurance. These are people who had nothing to begin with and will have nothing when this is all over. To be quite frank, nobody wants them. Sad but true. And it's not their fault per se, it's OURS for allowing entire generations to "live free" and I'm speaking of money, jobs, the lack of, not "freedom". Where do you send 100,000 people who will be a drain on whomever accepts them?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, I'm simply stating a fact. The productive people are long gone. The "losers" are the ones left behind. What ARE we going to do with them?
I can't speak for launche but perhaps the Lady in the Harbor can share her wisdom:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I'm sure there are many here at AVS who share your viewpoint. Turning our backs on them now, in these desparate hours, would be just so un-'Lady Like'.
post #342 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
KBK
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
it comes down to one simple thing: GWB Junior..and his entire cabinet are a bunch of self-affected doorknobs. That has always been the truth.

Now it is merely a bit more visible to the average joe, is all. The very thing they went through terrific pains to hide...and to hide from the average guy in the 'bible belt': that they are self serving --- first and foremost. And, to add, that they haven't a bloody clue. About anything. Except their own pockets.

See my signature....

:)

Ken Hotte

"Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream." -- Malcolm Muggeridge.
post #343 of 343 Old 09-03-2005, 11:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Closed.
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page