post #91 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Wadsworth
Which video card is it? If it is a newer one, then, all you need to do is set your monitor driver to something like the Sony GDM-W900. High Res monitor profile.

Darren
If the PJ passes EDID info (doubt it... RGBHV cables don't have the pins) overriding the autodetected monitor may not work.

Clarence... I've got "The Incredibles" in 1080i HD... a bunch of .ts files. They'll require two data DVDs but I can provide if you like.

I enjoy mowing my lawn. It's the only two hours of my week where I know what's expected, understand the job, can forsee completion, and look back and see progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley

Clarence... I've got "The Incredibles" in 1080i HD... a bunch of .ts files. They'll require two data DVDs but I can provide if you like.

Ummmm........ could I possibly get on that list? Pleeeeease? This I have to see on my (lowly) NEC.

Where do you guys find this stuff? I thought the DVD looked pretty darn good as it is.

Marc

Welcome to the darkside.....
post #93 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman
Ummmm........ could I possibly get on that list? Pleeeeease? This I have to see on my (lowly) NEC.

Where do you guys find this stuff? I thought the DVD looked pretty darn good as it is.

Marc
USENET: alt.binaries.hdtv
I use "powerget" to pull in files. WARNING: Start the "catch up with headers and sort" process before going to bed. My local NNTP server has something like three million posts.
Generally speaking, large files (or collections of files) are processed with a PAR program, and will include a number of .par and .par2 files. DOWNLOAD THESE ALSO! PAR files are "parity archives..." Using algorythms similar to RAID disk arrays, PAR files use parity to verify (and repair) large binary files.

Search on the acronyms herein to learn about the process.

And, no, I'm sorry I can't go into the DVD pressing business. Time is a big, BIG problem right now... (readers digest version: company closing 100 year old building. Moving products and staff to three different buildings in two countries, and IT's ALL HAPPENING NOW. My boat's still in the water, and it's almost november. THAT's how busy I've been.)

I enjoy mowing my lawn. It's the only two hours of my week where I know what's expected, understand the job, can forsee completion, and look back and see progress.
post #94 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Clarence,
I am very sad for you and sorry about your bad luck :( . Don't worry though there are better days ahead. Having to haul that G90 so far then unloading it and having hang it fromm your ceiling, you poor bastard. Things will get better, keep that chin up. I feel so bad for you, I think I may come that way and remove that giant eyesore for your residence. There's always tommorow, chin up big fella. That projector wastland of yours does not need another member.

YOU SUCK!

Erik :D

RX-Z9 to KHORNS/SVS & FULL HERITAGE 8.3 HT Setup

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it
post #95 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am starting to think everyone is happier that you got a G90 than if they did.:)

What sources are you going to have Terry calibrate the G90 to? It looks like for non-pc sources that tse's circuit might be mandatory. Also, since you are gunning for Art you will need a Torus.:D

Also, my vote is for Z's special screenshots.

Ericglo

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #96 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVonse
I agree with Pete, we need more screenshots! And don't forget to put up your old 1080i Zenith pattern. We want screenshots, we want screenshots!
Enough kids stuff... the boys are in bed. Does anyone recognize the movies?

Here's a macro shot of scanlines at 1280x1024... but 1200p fills in nicely.

Hmm... blue convergence is off a half-click to the left, red convergence is off a half-click to the right... time to dig out the binocs... I need a wireless remote too so I can get up close to the screen.

Ooh... good idea... I gotta go find that 1080i test pattern.
LL
LL
LL
post #97 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo
What sources are you going to have Terry calibrate the G90 to?
- HTPC for HD playback.
- Motorola HD DVR (1080i/720p; but more importantly, firewire to PC for any resolution)
- JVC DVHS 1080i
- Momitsu
post #98 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Just a quick note, the i and p modes are not refresh rate dependent. They are either interlaced or progressive. Normal HDTV 1920x1080 is interlaced and runs at 60Hz. Half the lines are drawn, then the in between lines are drawn with a combined total of 30 times per second or 60 fields per second if you look at the two passes separately. 1920x1080i at 60 Hz has the same bandwidth as 1920x1080p at 30 Hz. When people say 1920x1080p, they usually are referring to 1920x1080p at 60 Hz which takes twice the bandwidth of 1920x1080i. 1280x720p is always progressive at 60 Hz in the HDTV world.

Hope this helps.
Mike

P.S. Nice projector. I wish I had one. :D
post #99 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Clarance,
STOP and make sure you change the G CElement before you mount the G90 on the ceiling. You can do it with the tube still in the unit if it's still on the floor. Call me and I'll walk you through it. Pretty important upgrade.

Terry

AVS Marketplace or Videogon are the places to see F/S ads
post #100 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Clarance,
STOP and make sure you change the G CElement before you mount the G90 on the ceiling. You can do it with the tube still in the unit if it's still on the floor. Call me and I'll walk you through it. Pretty important upgrade.
Top picture is David Gilmore in concert at (I forget where) but it is very good. I especially like the bass and cello in the group. I assume you have In the Flesh Live as well? Wish they would do one last concert tour as a complete group, although I really likes Division Bell a lot even without Roger Waters influence.

Terry

post #101 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Yep, I need to replace the red c-element due to the seller exposing the lens to the sun (melted a spot), so I might as well replace the green c-element, too.

That DG concert is from the HiDef Stratocaster Tribute. Great stuff.
post #102 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM

-Shaun of the Dead
post #103 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

First was the Fender Strat Anniversary and second was Shaun of the Dead.

Oh yeh BTW......YOU SUCK.

JK Enough of that blasphamy, I am jealous. Couldn't have happend to a nicer guy.

OST, skrew that making me feel inferior crap with your KA sceenshots.

Wait, my bad, your just excited to have a G90.....fing lucky bastard, you go with your bad self.

Erik

BTW only 1550 views in like 1 day, pretty lame post!

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it
post #104 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1994
-Shaun of the Dead
Yep. One of my wife's favorites. Which is weird because she usually likes the predictable chick flicks and I usually like the quirky stuff.

Does anyone know why I get "Not applicable" sometimes while in the middle of touching up Zone convergence?
post #105 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
Does anyone know why I get "Not applicable" sometimes while in the middle of touching up Zone convergence?
Cause your being to damn picky. Who cares... you have a fricken G90! JUst turn up Gary Moores version of "Red House" on Fender Anniversary and foget about it.

Not bitter,
Erik

post #106 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Haven't seen that in Zone.
What firware do you have?

Terry

post #107 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Haven't seen that in Zone.
What firmware do you have?

Terry
Ser # 2000167 SW Ver 1.11

We were getting the same "not applicable" doing Zone on the seller's personal G90 last night too. It doesn't screw up the convergence or Memory (I remember my XG used to be finicky about key presses during memory blocks), so we're probably just fat fingering something.

Dang... I can't get over looking up at the screen and seeing 1280x1024 sharper than my 19" monitor (I'm typing this on my HTPC).
post #108 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dang... I can't get over looking up at the screen and seeing 1280x1024 sharper than my 19" monitor (I'm typing this on my HTPC).
Yep, that's it, I'm done following this post. No more constructive critisizm from me. Time for bed.

Erik

Just having fun. Wishing I was there. Congrats on the KAPJ!

post #109 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Sorry for the continuous grinning and obnoxious gloating (yes, I suck ;) ), but I haven't enjoyed a present like this in 38 years of Birthdays and Christmas.

Now I finally understand why Cliff calls me after every time he goes to Art's and rambles on for hours about how frickin' great the G90's are.

The delta from 7" ES to 8" EM is nothing compared to the delta up to 9" LC.

I can only imagine what a stack or pro calibration would look like. Or on a real screen (my wall is still just primed with Kilz2).
post #110 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Clarence, Good for you!! Nice score!!!! :D

BTW, one of my first impressions was similar to yours in that the first thing I noticed is that if you don't kick up the rez you'll see scan lines that you would not see on an 8" unit. Another was the super sharp image. As I have stated before the jump from 8" to 9" is HUGE! Until a guy sees it its hard to describe.

Very happy for you!! Keep gloating!! :p

Have a Happy and safe New Year!!!
post #111 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Even though I haven't seen it, I could see where the delta would be greater. Looking at the HD10Fs sitting next to the HD-124s is a huge difference. They also weigh a heck of a lot more.

I would like to see some elaboration on the differences between resolutions. You guys touched on it at Mikes get together. Hopefully once Terry does your calibration you two will be able to sit down and really check it out. I don't believe Terry has ever tried anything greater than 1080. Maybe you two can post together when he is there under a new screen name like Chuence or Clarchuf.:)

Ericglo
Ericglo

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #112 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Wow! Unbelievable!

Congratulations Clarence

Chris
post #113 of 412 Old 10-28-2005, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Congrats on the find!

Just wondering if you are going to order the moome DVI input card for your G-90? The DVI input is supposed to accept 1080p.
post #114 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 AM

just wondering how much the g90s sell in the states for?....in australia here ive heard their are only 4 or 5. they are very rare and people who have them should keep them.............
post #115 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 03:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Clarence, the 1280x1024 screenshots, is that with a full 4:3 raster or is it squeezed to 16:9?

Per Johnny
post #116 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

squeezed to 16:9... that text screenshot is the VLC right-click menu of the Shaun of the Dead movie above. But I haven't figured out that aspect ratio yet, because I measured a circle in one of the INHD and/or HDNet calibration clips (and kept squishing until the height of the circle equaled the width), but when I played the David Gilmour concert, Dave looked short and fat, so I stretched him back up by eye
post #117 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

squeezed to 16:9... that text screenshot is the VLC right-click menu of the Shaun of the Dead movie above. But I haven't figured out that aspect ratio yet, because I measured a circle in one of the INHD and/or HDNet calibration clips (and kept squishing until the height of the circle equaled the width), but when I played the David Gilmour concert, Dave looked short and fat, so I stretched him back up by eye
post #118 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Be careful, Cla-man, if you fall asleep you may wind up looking at ghosts of this beneath every movie you try to see:

LL

post #119 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry for the continuous grinning and obnoxious gloating (yes, I suck ;) ), but I haven't enjoyed a present like this in 38 years of Birthdays and Christmas.

Now I finally understand why Cliff calls me after every time he goes to Art's and rambles on for hours about how frickin' great the G90's are.

The delta from 7" ES to 8" EM is nothing compared to the delta up to 9" LC.

I can only imagine what a stack or pro calibration would look like. Or on a real screen (my wall is still just primed with Kilz2).
Hehe, yep, now you know :D :D :D :D

And now you know at the same time why I'm so upset when I get home from Art's!!! :eek:

Here is what I would do if I were you before you hang that puppy. Remove the lenses and inspect the CRT's. That Green looks like it needs replacing to me. Bite that bullet now and get the beoch to tip top condition before you hang it. Talk to Terry and see if you can get a decent green or new green for it, replace it with the new C element. You will love yourself even more for doing the proper justice to that bad boy.

Oh, also, did I say get her calibrated????

I'm really happy for you big dog. I'm looking foward to the day that I can visit and see it in person.

ALSO, you REALLY should budget for a 1080P scaler for DVHS and Comcast. The results vs. 1080i will be night and day!

Cliff

p.s. Aussie Floyd is this Friday night!!!!!
post #120 of 412 Old 10-29-2005, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Lets us know when you have set it up properly. Anyway, it looks incredible sweet!

Does the melted area on the red show very visible?

Per Johnny
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page