Help With Moome Card And Sony 1272 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Horaah,

Just rec'd my card from Moome. Problem, my Sony 1272 slot B does not have the connection to receive the card. Am I missing something. Is this an option or do I need to get a flashlight on look inside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What do you mean there is no connection? Did you take the cover off for the B slot? It's above the standard connection slot, or below depending how your projector is mounted.

Clay

With that wattage, the voice coil is now a Rail Gun. You get 1 note, but it will be memorable! - JEFFakaMAX
post #3 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Clay,

Yes, I removed the cover for slot B and attempted to insert the card but nothing connected. When the card is flushed to the slot, there is no connection. Must be something I am doing wrong.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You should be able to see in there with a flashlight and see the connector. Do you have the manual for this PJ?

Clay

With that wattage, the voice coil is now a Rail Gun. You get 1 note, but it will be memorable! - JEFFakaMAX
post #5 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 03:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
I didn't understand your PM until I read this post.

Get a flashlight and make sure the green card of moome's IFB slides in on the black rails of the B slot.

And while you've got the flashlight, peek in the back and make sure there's a socket to plug into inside the projector.

The cover plate on my moome IFB was a little too large, so it didn't fit flush into the surrounding metal cover plates, so I had to put it in the C-slot, which I don't think the 1272 has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedman
Clarence,

Have a moment. Just rec'd Moome's card for my Sony 1272. Attempt to insert the card in slot B but there is nothing but air. No receiving connection on the 1272. Am I missing something. I have not had a change to look inside slot b. I need to find a flashlight. Let me know your thoughts. I do not want to damage my CRT.

Thanks
I didn't get a signal or a link until I switched the jumper to "JP2 switcher" on the moome card, as shown on moome's instruction sheet.

I've tried all 3 jumper positions... it won't hurt your CRT. Just make sure you power down before removing the card.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Horaah,

Just rec'd my card from Moome. Problem, my Sony 1272 slot B does not have the connection to receive the card. Am I missing something. Is this an option or do I need to get a flashlight on look inside?
Like Clarence, I'm not quite understanding your problem. There is a cover plate on slot B, but that's pretty obvious. After you remove the coverplate, there are a couple of rails that the card slides back on. At the back of the slot is a gazillion pin connector that the card connects into.

Sometimes the various IFB cards don't quite line up with the pin connectors in the back and you have to "jimmy" the card in at different angles.

HTH

Now a member of the Marquee Maniacs Club
post #7 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

GE Brown,

Thanks. For some reason I cannot make the connection. There is a wall behind the projector and the space to insert the card is mnimal. I do not want to take the projector down. I will be patient and try again today. If all else fails, I will purchase the sony switcher PC-1271 and insert the card in the switcher. Any pitfalls to this option? Thanks
post #8 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
GE Brown,

Thanks. For some reason I cannot make the connection. There is a wall behind the projector and the space to insert the card is mnimal. I do not want to take the projector down. I will be patient and try again today. If all else fails, I will purchase the sony switcher PC-1271 and insert the card in the switcher. Any pitfalls to this option? Thanks
Yes, it doesn't have the bandwidth for HD.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Folks,

I must have been on crack. I finally got the card connected. I had the card inserted upside down. I guess I had too many toys to play with this week. Just got a JVC 30K DVHS and had a time getting it set up to. Go figure. Thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM

that crack stuff will do it
post #11 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Know that you have it set up let us know what you think of the picture and how it compares.
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page