Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #331 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
If I can keep these rants contained to a single thread instead of continuing to spread through this forum like cancer, then I'll shoulder the pity.
The people I see ranting are a small handful of people obsessed with their particular products in their system, and who ridicule anyone or anything who might threaten their ego.

Quote:
If you and/or Chris can provide a single statement which fairly illustrates why other members of this forum should be continually ridiculed or disrespected for our "absurd", "unfathomable", or "irrational" opinions, then I'll stand down.
Clarence, your statements here are getting very insulting.

You KEEP stating things that insinuate that I or Darin said anything like that, that we should "ridicule or disrespect" other members. Where did I ever say that we or anyone else should be able to do that?

Here are YOUR OWN characterizations, which are totally without merit. Nobody here has EVER claimed any of these things, yet you come in and argue against Darin and Me as if we had said these things:

Quote:
originally posted by Clarence:
I don't think it's "completely irrational" or "unfathomable" for others to prefer an opportunity to directly, visually compare the images... 1st hand observations.
Quote:
Yet this forum "loses respect" when we state that we don't assess performance by the specs and numbers alone. Call us "*completely* irrational" but we still think that it's appropriate to see the actual images in comparison. "Unfathomable"
Quote:
Yet you had no problem with this libel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles
Me personally, I have enough respect for people like Mike, that I find it difficult to believe that he doesn't care about good images.
Quote:
So it's *completely* irrational to prefer PQ by what we see on a screen and not obsess over spec or measured on/off contrast values?!

Is it unfathomable that you could have a better picture with less favorable on/off and/or less light output?

Is it irrational to imply that solely because a projector may have higher measured numbers, then the PQ must be better?
Quote:
Because we contend that there's more to an image than measured on/off CR and light output?!
Those statements, in my eyes, are *GROSS* misinterpretations of what I've said, and what Darin has said here and in the past.

It is up to you either to:
1) apologize and correct those misrepresentations which you may have honestly mis-read by skimming through posts quickly,
OR
2)you can apologize for purposefully concocting those things, because I've never said anything like that, and neither has Darin.

The only thing I'm "ranting" about here, is irrational and unhelpful conduct of a some forum members. And based on your conduct here, you are included in that group, because making up stuff and totally misrepresenting things that I've said and attacking me personally rather than EVER engaging the actual issues is pretty unacceptable.

I haven't seen you engage ANY substance in this thread yet. Heck, you don't even ever have to, but you certainly have the obligation not to misrepresent what I've said, and for that you honestly should apologize.

regards,
-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:23 PM

Quote:
otherwise, I'll continue to see your rants as a game
Which is again, totally and blatantly absurd. I ridiculed this entire sentiment that I or darin are "scoring points" for the digital crowd or whoever. That is completely absurd.

If you couldn't understand that from my post:

Quote:
And by the way, I'm not sucking anybody into anything. Nor have I joined "their" game (whatever that is, nobody's told me what that is, I've requested someone to make a charge here because you keep alluding to this, but you don't). I didn't know there was any kind of contest going on here. And who is "they?"

So now apparently I'm on some kind of team? What is that, like the blue team? What are we trying to win? Can someone please break this down for me? How do I score points? Can I tackle people? This is all so ridiculous.
Then it is quite clear that you are not reading what I have been saying at all, or you are willfully misrepresenting or ignoring things that I've said.

Please apologize, and then if you wish, you can bring up some "BS" in anything I've said of substance.

But I suspect you won't do either of those things. At this point, at best I expect a bunch of Thomas-esque smileys that avoid the topic, so you can go on and continue to flame me or darin in the future.
post #333 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Clarence, Chris... put down the keyboards and get to bed. I'm tired of seeing this thread as the FIRST thread in the forum.... every freakin time I click on AVS. :grrrr:

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
post #334 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Insulting other members' opinions and intelligence is inappropriate and non-constructive.

Quote:
I figured illustrations and large text would help with the comprehension.
Quote:
I recommended reading comprehension with no tongue in cheek.
Quote:
come on folks, reading comprehension, please!
Quote:
On/off tells you EXACTLY what you're going to see on the screen (caveat, coupled with light output).
Quote:
I think you need to read what we've said carefully, let me repeat it in big letters: CONTRAST PERFORMANCE IS VERY IMPORTANT to an image. It IS NOT THE ONLY THING that goes into a good image.
Quote:
it's a shame a small but vocal portion CRT forum is dipping this low in self-denial
Quote:
I also know a lot of things that some people don't know.
Quote:
I can explain ANSI and on/off all day, and we can all learn things about our beautiful pictures.
Quote:
Until then, work on the reading comprehension
Quote:
you posted something that was almost absurd on its face: I care less about contrast ratio, show me the image.
Compare post #229:
Quote:
That is *completely* irrational. On/off tells you EXACTLY what you're going to see on the screen (caveat, coupled with light output). I cannot fathom why otherwise intelligent people keep saying things like this. It is unfathomable to me, I don't know if you're just being argumentative or are feigning some kind of stubborn pride in being ignorant of what on/off CR quantifies.
to post #225:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
One of the combined threads was an invitation to arrange a Ruby and a 9" CRT in the same room, with each owner responsible to choose the most appropriate sources, setup, and screen. No numbers required.
Which one will better "engage ANY substance in this thread"?

Chris, I apologize to every member in this forum only for them having to put up with the hole you're digging. The game is no longer amusing. Whatever points you need to win, I grant them to you. You win. Game over. You win. No smilies. You win. Apologies to all.

Good night.
post #335 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Please apologize, and then if you wish, you can bring up some "BS" in anything I've said of substance.

But I suspect you won't do either of those things.

I should start a 1-900 number. I can predict the future.
post #336 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Getting the moderator to apologise - that would have to be worth 1000 points and the car. :(

John

I'm no genius, but I do have a million monkeys with typewriters in my head.
post #337 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Yawn.
post #338 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 PM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
I was a little slow in realizing that Chris was sucking me into it, too. I picked up on QQQ's technique years ago, and I still enjoy it... infrequent, subtle, but always a zinger.
Millions have observed and appreciated Michael Jordan's poetry on the basketball court, yet none have been able to duplicate it. Such is talent and genius and discipline and drive. These unworthy trolls cannot pierce to my transcendental star, nor do they possess my extreme humbleness, which is what makes me so endearing.
post #339 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 10:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ
Millions have observed and appreciated Michael Jordan's poetry on the basketball court, yet none have been able to duplicate it. Such is talent and genius and discipline and drive. These unworthy trolls cannot pierce to my transcendental star, not do they possess my extreme humbleness, which is what makes me so endearing.
QQQ,
A truly inspiring read ! I feel all quiet and $hit inside now. Sleep well. :D

TM Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #340 of 340 Old 12-17-2005, 10:20 PM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member