Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
All the BG-DVI module available on this batch are now allocated :o

Please note that I will contact the forum members for payment only when their modules will be ready to be send. As said before, I usually take one week to build 5, so please be patient ;)

Looking forward from you about BG-DVI reviews upon received and tested :)

John

Home theater enthusiast for over 20 years !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
John,

I am very interested in the BG-DVI module but the new moderator decided I deserved a timeout :( . Let me know if you have a spare or if someone else changes their mind.

Pete
post #93 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

And I would like to be on the waiting list after Z-Photo is another person changes their mind. This is what I get for not visiting the forum for a couple of days :eek: .
post #94 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 AM

When I use the moomie I internally wire and totally bypass the port 3 and wire right to the board and I mount internally in the projector with a HDMI or DVI coming out of the unit. If you use an external box with port 5 the picture will be worse or use even a 10 foot RGBVH I have noticed 1080p peformance suffers. However you have to have a BW greater than 100mhz to see it. I also have noticed that port3 seems to get some ring at higher BW because it was not totally 75ohm engineered. Cable theory or transmission line we learn in EE classes is basic that you need to keep the reflections equal in the cable to balance and when it hits the port 3 it will have more if its not perfectly balanced. By using no cable and going directly to port 3 it should cut it way down and get less ring to none and better resolution.

So I would only recommend this if you own a 1208, 1209 or 808s with 120mhz. Might make a difference on the lower end barco units like 808 or 800

I will post a picture later what I do and I cut the connectons to port 3 on the card.

Greg

Gregory C. Eisemann Senior Electrical Engineer, Satcom Engineer, Opnet Engineer, Network Engineering, Satellite Engineering
post #95 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

John,
I asked before but missed your reply. How can I tell if your device will work with my BG 800 port 3? If it will work I'd be interested in one as well.
Grady

Grady
<<plain fan>>
post #96 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisemann
When I use the moomie I internally wire and totally bypass the port 3 and wire right to the board and I mount internally in the projector with a HDMI or DVI coming out of the unit. If you use an external box with port 5 the picture will be worse or use even a 10 foot RGBVH I have noticed 1080p peformance suffers. However you have to have a BW greater than 100mhz to see it. I also have noticed that port3 seems to get some ring at higher BW because it was not totally 75ohm engineered. Cable theory or transmission line we learn in EE classes is basic that you need to keep the reflections equal in the cable to balance and when it hits the port 3 it will have more if its not perfectly balanced. By using no cable and going directly to port 3 it should cut it way down and get less ring to none and better resolution.

So I would only recommend this if you own a 1208, 1209 or 808s with 120mhz. Might make a difference on the lower end barco units like 808 or 800

I will post a picture later what I do and I cut the connectons to port 3 on the card.

Greg
It is very interesting to me when you talk about this ring. Because I noticed the same ring when I first connected up to port 3. Most notably with computer text, can't be seen with regular video. Even with the ring though, I also notice a clearer result and also seems "hotter" than port 5 RGBHV IMO.

So elliminating the transmission artifacts is exactly why I am so interested in going dvi with one of these converters. But if it is not hooked up properly there will be nothing gained.

I would be very interested in seeing what you have done. It sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Bob
post #97 of 468 Old 03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

plain fan asked:
> How can I tell if your device will work with my BG 800 port 3? <

Sorry, it won't work. Port 3 on the 800G is strictly TTL.

- Tim

- Tim
post #98 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

geisemann commented:
> Might make a difference on the lower end barco units like 808 or 800 <

Greg, I think you meant to say "might NOT"? The 808G and 800G are 75 MHz and 60 MHz bandwidth respectively.

- Tim

- Tim
post #99 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 04:24 AM

Quote:

Greg
Greg,

Now I am EXTREMELY interested to see you work. What boards are used in the mod - Port 3 and the RGB Board or just the Port 3 - I got a little confused on the internal hookup explaniation.

Pete
post #100 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 04:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Picture tells a thousand words - I cant wait to see them..........

Bringing Rodan-O-Blend to you.

Find me on the map :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
:
post #101 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 04:57 AM

Please add me to the list after Secstate in the event a couple of people change their mind...BG808.

Daniel Bishop

Bishop Cineplex
With 3 kids, 10 grandkids, 6 dogs and 19 guinea pigs...whats a fella to do?
post #102 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Please add me to the list also for a future batch or this batch if possible.

One question: are the HDCP keys in this box different than those used in Moome's external box?

Thanks,
Mike
post #103 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 PM

John,

I am very interested in the BG-DVI module for my 1209s. Please add me to the list also for a future batch or this batch if possible.

Thanks,
KY
post #104 of 468 Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM

The internal vs external box Moomie makes has the exact same chips and circurts.

Just when you add the cables etc you take away the gains so if you can mount internal right to the port 3 I get the best quality picture. One annoying thing is the NVIDIA drivers only let you go to 720p so you have to force your video card to go to 1080p then the moomie will work at 1080p. I am a little worried that it wont work on a 1080p new blue light?

Now If I could just get a tracking number from him as I have a few customers upset their cards are taking so long.

Greg

Gregory C. Eisemann Senior Electrical Engineer, Satcom Engineer, Opnet Engineer, Network Engineering, Satellite Engineering
post #105 of 468 Old 03-06-2006, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
. . .
Now If I could just get a tracking number from him as I have a few customers upset their cards are taking so long.

Greg
Greg,

I asked Moome about tracking numbers, since I'm sure he gets inundated with "Where's my card" emails.

His reply was that by the time the Taiwan post office updates the tracking info, the customer has already received the card.

His recommendation was to go with the expedited shipping service (don't know if you did that or not). He said that the expedited service posts more reliable tracking information.

My only concern was that I when I received my card a while back (I did not get the expedited service) I converted the postage on the box from Taiwan dollars to US dollars and felt a little "taken".

My 2 cents

Now a member of the Marquee Maniacs Club
post #106 of 468 Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHWman
Not exactly :rolleyes: The BG-DVI module is DIRECTLY screwed to the back of the PJ (where COMM port and Port 3 SUB-D plugs stand). So no coaxial run and shortest RGB analog video link as possible (also HDCP rules compliant, i.e. no end-user access to decrypted analog video ;) )

This module become "a part of the PJ itself". See French user manual picture to view it in place at the back of a 808s :D

John
Thanks John, I understand your implementation. I was asking Gregg about his use of moome's external device.

Dave
post #107 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

FYI, MadMrH is translating the BG-DVI french user manual to English since I'm quite out of time doing this nowadays ...

That's kind of him ;)

John

post #108 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 04:07 AM

Greg,

Did you ever post those pictures of how you install them?

Steve
post #109 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHWman
FYI, MadMrH is translating the BG-DVI french user manual to English since I'm quite out of time doing this nowadays ...

That's kind of him ;)

John
Thank goodness, I thought I was going to have to put my wife's high school French class to use! :)
post #110 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

:D

Find me on the map :
:
:
post #111 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

John,

Are the HDCP keys used in your box different than those used in Moome's external box?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. I have a Barco Graphics 808 and would like to be added to your future order list.
post #112 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr
John,

Are the HDCP keys used in your box different than those used in Moome's external box?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. I have a Barco Graphics 808 and would like to be added to your future order list.
Hope I'm not talking out of line here, but to my knowledge yes they are.

Dave
post #113 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM

Hi Sorry,

I have been overloaded with customers and cant build projectors fast enough.

Ok here is a quick picture of what I do. I put 75ohm balanced cable right to the port 3.

I then cut the pins off the bottom of the card so you don't get the Mother board ring and the port 3 ring.

I then solder right to the Mommie 75ohm Resistors on his board. His transcoder and Internal boards are the same. I also remove Moomies SVGA connector to get rid of that too.

I then replace all the caps with high quality ones.

I will show a before and after shot later this week when I get this customers unit ready I will show 1080p demo.

I hope that helps out!!

No word on the boards I purchased from moomie?> and still no tracking numbers

GREG

post #114 of 468 Old 03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hope that helps out!!

GREG
Yes this is a great idea you have here, thanks for sharing. How do you get power to Moome? Does the power cable have to be fished throught the Barco cabinet or do you steal dc voltage off of the Barco somewhere? How do you physically get the DVI able to the Moone when it is internal to the Barco cabinet?

Your posts are very much appreciated.

Bob
post #115 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr
Hi Mike,

I assume yes since we're not working in the same HDCP licenced company ;) So the IC is not feeded with the same keys as they are relevant to companies names...

John

post #116 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I then cut the pins off the bottom of the card so you don't get the Mother board ring and the port 3 ring.
I then solder right to the Mommie 75ohm Resistors on his board. His transcoder and Internal boards are the same. I also remove Moomies SVGA connector to get rid of that too.
Interresting idea Greg,

This is always interresting to bypass as much as PCB layout as possible in high frequencies video signal paths (especially if these layout are not made with correct impedance matching).

I was thinking about doing the same thing with my original BG-DVI design. However, I was facing the following issues :

- No much people can afford open their PJs and modding their PCBs like this, you need minimum electronic knowledge :o
- No much people want to drill their PJ mechanics to fit the DVI-D plug in the back panel.
- How about module's warranty after this job?

So I've prefered to make this BG-DVI with this "dongle" like form so that anybody can attach to their PJs within 5mn and without any other tool than a standard flat screwdriver :D

However, for electronic guys, this is still possible to be done as well with my BG-DVI design. But my Warranty is then canceled :o

John

post #117 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks John. I feel safer with the future of your product than Moome's. I am a little worried that the HDCP police will blacklist the keys on Moome's device due to it providing direct access to the analog signal where yours does not do this.
post #118 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 AM

Well They Are All Ananlog Outputs No Difference

I Would Like To Test One To See How It Works And The Quality Of The Picture.

Greg

post #119 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 AM

Well They Are All Analog Outputs No Difference

I Would Like To Test One To See How It Works And The Quality Of The Picture. I HAVE A FEW CUSTOMERS WHO WANT TO GET SOME FOR A QUICK INSTALL.

Greg

post #120 of 468 Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Greg you missed this batch!

BUT there is a chance that I would allow ONE of mine to be tested by you and then sent on to me......(might be easier to ssend you both of mine)

ONE THING - YOU just gotta answer my "I want tubes and hardware e mail " ;)

Hows that for a bribe ???

Find me on the map :
:
:
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page