Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitavox View Post

Do you guys REALLY want to buy one?

No

But i'm in Fayetteville, its very odd to spot another Arkansan on AVSForum.... unheard of in the crt section. Hello neighbor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 144 Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That is a cool device and you should take care of it as best you can so that it lasts as long as possible!

Good luck with it

Martin
post #123 of 144 Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

No

But i'm in Fayetteville, its very odd to spot another Arkansan on AVSForum.... unheard of in the crt section. Hello neighbor!

Hi Verge!
I had only read the first 2 pages on this thread when I posted. I'll give this thing to anyone who'll come get it in North Little Rock. I also know where its twin is, also in Arkansas. Mine and the other one came from Channel 4. They used them for special events.

Why odd to see Arkies here? Just 'cause no one on the Weather Channel thinks we have TVs, we do!

Anyway, don't slip on the ice!
post #124 of 144 Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 PM

yes, I have the 6 foot model, it works perfectly as it was only used for a few years. I am in the process of moving and need to sell the unit (ape not included!) n Have all service and operator manuals as well!

Kent
703-528-4134
LL
post #125 of 144 Old 12-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Hey there! Just wanted you to know that there is another KP5000 out there... this one in Idaho. The only thing wrong with it (aside from adjusting the picture) is that the sound card's fuse is blown, so I have no sound. I am, right now, trying to source a 250v 1.0amp 5x30mm glass fuse. Wish me luck!!

(pics soon)
post #126 of 144 Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 PM

post #127 of 144 Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 PM

You happen to have any manuals? I am troubleshooting my sound...
post #128 of 144 Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Got it Fuse on sound board was blown, and when I fixed it, hooked it back up, I confused two terminals and something overheated. Fortunately Sony must have put in a timed breaker on the power... minutes later it fired up with sound!
post #129 of 144 Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 AM

Hello, to anyone with some knowledge of this Television... I am trying to connect it with my computer. I have all devices and wires to connect from the computer to an RCA input device which then converts the signal to coax (ch 3 or 4).

Problem from there is, I cannot find the signal on any channels on the television. Any advice?
post #130 of 144 Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sure, I can help with that. FIrst off, does your video card have an RCA output connector that connects to the RF modulator?

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #131 of 144 Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Sure, I can help with that. FIrst off, does your video card have an RCA output connector that connects to the RF modulator?

Thanks, It is a macbook with http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Video-Ad...6803474&sr=1-3 which connects RCA to an RCA to coax converter, then to the television's coax input
post #132 of 144 Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 AM

I have one that my wife wants gone. The screen has some scratches but I use it every day,if someone wants it make me a offer. Thanks. It's in Warsaw,Indiana. e-mail me , Lerntrite@hotmail.com As of 6/18/13 I still have this set, except for a couple of scratches on the screen it works fine. Interested?...make me an offer.
post #133 of 144 Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM

Add me to the list of users! Picked mine up on craigslist, had filthy lenses and mirrors... i've done the best I could with brushing and vaccumming dust from 1979 out of it (I'm not sticking my hand any further in there than I have to, LOL)

Does anyone have the FSM or a manual that details the "service" convergence procedure? I had a VPH-1020Q and i was familiar with that one, you'd shut one gun off and adjust the two remaining, then shut that one off and do the opposite, etc... but this one has me a little stymied. The red is off, but blue and green are centered. Is red the reference tube (I assume so, since the red tube's pots are metal and mounted away from the plastic ones). On the 1020 it was green.

Anyway, i'm very impressed by the brightness and clarity of the picture... if i could just get that darned red convergence right!
post #134 of 144 Old 02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
No, green is always the reference, since it's the middle tube. If you tweaked the 1020, you'll have no issues with the KP sets. A bit more archaic, with controls everywhere. The trick is to tweak each one slightly very slightly to get a feel for what they do, and it's probably an idea to get a can of Caig DeOxIt and use it sparingly on all controls. (buy it on eBay).

That should keep ya going!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #135 of 144 Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM

It cool to see this thread come back to the top, i remember first reading this thread like a year ago when i stumbled upon one of these units on kijiji
post #136 of 144 Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 AM

I have a complete Sony kp-7200 with the original box for the screen, dust cover, manual and remote commander.
she's beautiful and with low hour, Everyone is jealous of it. Sony really knew how to make em. I'd be willing to part with her for the right price but its not going to be cheap. This baby is worth a boat load as I'm reading that no one else in the world has a set as complete as mine. hit me up if you want to be the most rad dude in the world
post #137 of 144 Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 PM

Looking for a KP-5xxx or 7xxx in the Portland Oregon area in any condition.
post #138 of 144 Old 08-18-2013, 07:09 AM

Liked: 17
Hi guys - I have BOTH a KP-7200 (with remote) and KP-7220 here in Spring, TX. Screens are in good condition - some minor dents and superficial scratchesBoth have been in the back room - last time used they were in good working condition; original owner.

If anyone wants to make an offer and pick them up - please PM!!
post #139 of 144 Old 09-07-2013, 06:57 AM

I have a KP-7220 TV I am looking to sell. It works fine. There are some scratches on the screen that
I had repaired. I am located in Ct.
post #140 of 144 Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Liked: 0
Question KP-7200 Lens Specifications ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Also, I have a full 150 page repair manual, if anyone needs some help/info...
@Brooklyn : I have a KP-7200 and I was wondering does that manual identify the engineering/optical specs for the lenses by any chance?

- James
post #141 of 144 Old 06-21-2014, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, I do still have the binder but it is in storage now and I won't have access for awhile. I also checked and I can't find the electronic copy for you sorry. It is a really neat old TV however good luck!

----------------------------------
|| /OOOO\./OOOO\ ./OOOO\ ||
| |OOOOO||OOOOO||OOOOO||
|| \OOOO/.\OOOO/ .\OOOO/ ||
----------------------------------
\_______________________/

post #142 of 144 Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up Thanks and History of my KP7200.

Thanks. Please PM me whenever you regain access to the manual.

I might sell it if I find an interested local party (I live in the greater Los Angeles area) but I was also thinking that those lenses look so excellent I could cannibalize them to create TWO new home built LCD projectors. If I do it right I could always re-install the lenses to the KP7200 later. I just need to know the lens specs including the speed and dimensions.

Obviously these are short throw lenses. I know that about the time of its manufacture (1979) a lot of "new" f/1.0 lens materials (not glass) were being used in the industry but I do not know if these are such lenses.

HISTORY:

I saved the unit & screen (sadly the remote was missing ) from a corporate trash pile following the Northridge Earthquake. The base unit rode out the quake protected in a foam padded flight case (see below). The top of the case took a lot damage but the unit was safe inside -- I still have it mounted in the bottom section of the case. As far as I know (per some folks at the corporation that was dumping it) the system was old but in perfect working order. However because the screen was not in a case it took some dings & scratches during the quake -- it is okay/useable but needs some TLC with some buffing compound -- they decided to replace it with a new tabletop projector instead so I got the throwaway. I never had any knowledge of how to diagnose/maintain the electronics (which is why the repair manual piqued my interest) so it has sat in storage for many years.

PS: Many people have seen "flight cases" but don't know they are called that. Attached are examples of flight cases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg [3d-flightcases.co.uk] 19-sleeve-flight-case.jpg (247.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg [3d-flightcases.co.uk] d-b-v12--flying-frame-case.jpg (152.5 KB, 1 views)
post #143 of 144 Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 PM

OEM Manual PDF

Weird, Sony has the original manual only

Sony
post #144 of 144 Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 AM

My first projector was the Rank Arena version of the Sony KP5000. It had a 60 inch attached screen and believe it or not some kind of EM focus. The tubes were large and round. It had a really good picture compared to the Sony and the Panasonic units.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page