Zenith Proo 1200 CRT v Sony Ruby - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 319 Old 04-09-2006, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darinp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 21,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch
I really wonder what You all use Your projectors to watch.
...
However, in movies like "Alien" or "Batman begins" for example, the whole idea with the movie depends on dark scenes being produced faithfully.
I haven't seen the whole "Batman Begins" yet, but it is coming out on HD-DVD soon and I think that is probably one that some of us will use for comparisons. One thing I don't personally watch a lot of is DVDs since I've mostly been watching HD for a while and I expect that to gain even more steam with HD-DVD and BluRay. I think within a couple of weeks that any comparison that is about achieving the best image quality should include one of those, if possible.

And "Alien" is a very dark movie that I agree favors CRTs in general at this point in time. If your tastes are strongly toward that then that is a good reason to prefer CRTs. As I've said, each person needs to pick what matters to them.

One movie that some of us have used quite a bit in comparisons is "Gladiator". I doubt you would put that in the category of "A Bug's Life" and the like. One reason we use it is because it does have some mixture of scenes and because the version some of us have is very good from a source quality standpoint. Probably not there with HD-DVD, but very good. It is one that we used in the comparison of the G70 to the Ruby and where I believe all of us saw more image depth in certain scenes on the Ruby (especially in the Coliseum just before the fight that included the tigers). But then there were other dark scenes that favored the G70. In that case with the semi-dark stuff at the beginning where it is morning and before the battle at least some of us (maybe it was all of us) found it easier to see details on the Ruby. But that was the G70 of course.

"Dark City" is another one that I would say still tends to favor the CRTs and there are others that are very dark overall, as you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch
Well, it was in Auto-Iris, that's all I know about that.
One thing that is plausible to have been wrong is PC/VIDEO levels on the digital input that was used. I never checked that.
I'll be close to that shop again on wednesday and I'll try to take the time and check that out.
Anything else that You could suggest that could have been in the wrong setting?
I also find it a little hard to believe that people would say that the blacks in the darkest scenes were more gray on the Ruby than on DLPs. Maybe they were doing what many people do and comparing things at very different peak white levels. The Ruby tends to be brighter than single chip DLPs (expect the InFocus models) if it is used near the short end of its throw. The DLPs do have better ANSI CR, but if the white levels are close to the same then the absolute blacks should definitely be darker on the Ruby. And to my eyes that shows up with the only DLP that I've seen giving the same impression for absolute blacks in dark mixed scenes being the Optoma H79 I modified to about 9k:1 on/off CR. But then I use settings that are different than the defaults for the Ruby.

As far as PC levels vs video levels, the Brightness setting for the Ruby should of course be set right as it should be on any of these for any serious evaluation.

I'm not sure if they'll let you go into the factory menu, but if so you might want to try some of the settings some of us use. There is a thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=662801

about settings. I use 70 for contrast, 52 for brightness, 140 for #43 in the factory menu and 650 for #44 in there over the HDMI input with the iris on Auto.

What was the source material you were looking at?

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
darinp2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 319 Old 04-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2

What was the source material you were looking at?

--Darin
Pls see my short review of the Ruby I saw a few pages back, there I list what I saw and also my impressions in detail. :)
arioch is offline  
post #303 of 319 Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NIN>> Actually, I could maybe get a ceiling lamp with a dimmer to measure something like 1:2000 in on/off contrast. That doesn't mean that it bests, say a Sanyo PLV-Z1 in PQ.
You are far too interrested in these numbers nowadays. Whatever happened to "see for yourself"?
Anyway, You do also state that the black levels aren't quite CRT:ish in dark scenes, so what are we actually discussing? To me it seems like we agree on the same findings;
The Ruby produce a beautiful, detailed, calm and natural picture, but it's blacks are not quite CRT:ish in dark scenes. Right? :)
As I percieve it, this is approximately what Per Johnny, Graham, Darin and most other folks think also, right?

I could definitely live with a Ruby. Would I trade it 1:1 with my 1292? No, I don't think so, I would miss the deep blacks far too much. :o
arioch is offline  
post #304 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 01:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Graham Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 2,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch
, that the Ruby has good "LCD-blacks" and nothing more, :)
Umm this is tripe. The total mode of operation of the Ruby is not like a traditional LCD in any case.

It is more like a DLP in how it reflects the image information off mirrors.

If this is what the guys in the shop are saying. I think I would steer clear of them and their Ruby setup.

LCOS wasnt developed to simply be another LCD. A transmissive medium is clearly poor for a Projector.

LCOS is another kettle of fish altogether hence the 15000:1 Ansi contrast spec.

There is no way it should be thrown in the same basket as any normal LCD.

Its black levels from my audition, where clearly better than any LCD I have ever seen, and by a large margin.

But you are right. I could clearly live with a Ruby. But it would need to be the same price as a 1292 for me to bite.

As that is unlikely I will be sticking to my 1292 for the forseeable future.

Graham
Graham Johnson is offline  
post #305 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
I see that Vincent is hoping to appeal to those who are naive enough to believe anything he makes up.
Dont you mean astute enought to recognise that one person has little knowledge of crt..and one has somewhat more? :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
And yet you threw a little fit when I said:
So, now you agree with me that it wouldn't be a great accomplishment, yet you are POed at me for saying that.
No.your -as usual- twisting words and not being honest,you know full well-as do the people that are reading this that your intent was to "slight" the experts by alluding to the fact that IF an expert couldnt make a Marquee 9500 look better than a Ruby he wasnt really an expert.
When the going got a little tough on you,you tried to play on words and say you THOUGHT an expert could make a 9500 look better than a Ruby.

At no point do you qualify how you would know either way as you admit yourself you have only owned a NEC 9PG..Are you guessing?


Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Mike Parker is of course welcome to say whether he agrees with me that it wouldn't be a great accomplishment or whether he thinks it would (or will) be. And yes, Mike is one of those "experts" who should be able to make one of these beat a Ruby.
It would also help if your posts weren't nonsensical, so how about if you go back and explain why you said something in your first attack on me in this thread.

Not nonsensical,not an attack-just want to know-still want to know-what qualifies you to make sweeping statements about projectors you know little of,and making veiled judgements of esteemed people in the field of whom you know less.
Unlike you,I dont have a burning desire to espouse what i do-or dont know.
Unlike you,I have a good few years of experience of crt-all crt,Unlike you I am an ISF certified calibrator.
I dont "trash" people like Mike Parker,Tim martin etc..albeit in a veiled way-unlike you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
First, you can tell us which holds the on/off CR advantage between digitals and CRTs at this point in time (even though I gave you the answer). .

God boring...digital holds the advantage..there you go,have i passed your test.. :cool:
But like i said,i dont consider this one facet as the be all and end all,I look for the overall presentation,I dont disregard all else in the quest for more on/off-unlike you.
Yeah..7,000:1 from an optoma eh? so bloody dark you couldnt see the pic..
..and I know thats not ON/OFF figure by the way.. :rolleyes:



Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
If you send me a check for all of my expenses and it doesn't bounce then I will go.
I dont like your tone here because you are inferring my cheques bounce? Another made up emotive statement of yours without any basis of fact-rather like your comparisons. :D
But IF anyones cheques are going to bounce,its got to be yours-what with all that money you must be losing on all your digitals you keep selling?
Still not happy eh? still searching?
Go and see one of MP`s crts-get one of them,would probably save you a fortune!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Not all that long ago I posted that somebody local to me with one of these Marquees had invited me to see his projector and bring the Ruby so that we could see how they compare on his screen and so I was going to get to do that. As I understand it this person is getting stuff from Tim, including MP mods.
Getting stuff from Tim? Not illegal I hope?/Whose the person? whats the spec on the Marquee? Os it a Marquee? would you know with your vast knowledge of crt? "One of these Marquees"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Mike took that opportunity to ask me to spend my money to go see him and do a comparison there. I said that I'm already going to do this one..
Why would you pass on an opportunity to do it right? Frightened that he knows too much for you? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
and if he wanted to come to it to make sure the CRT projector is setup well I'm sure he would be welcome. In fact, the CRT owner would probably cover at least some of the expenses. Mike turned that down and then went on to claim that I was looking for badly setup CRTs to compare to.
..He knows you better than i thought! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
If a person buying stuff from Tim with MP mods is likely to qualify as badly setup for their CRT then that would be pretty sad,
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU HAVENT SEEN THE PROJECTOR..DONT YOU GET IT..ALL YOUR SAYING IS CONJECTURE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
but I've heard good things about Tim and doubt it is true,
What you doubt what youv`e heard about Tim is true?**Apologies here,I have used a "Darinism"-this is where you cut a part of a post out of context and it means something totally different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
(even if Mike wants to play defense by suggesting that this CRT won't be setup well). If Mike wants to change his mind and attend I bet he would still be welcome (it isn't my house though). I would hope that it isn't just people close to Mike in geography who can get nice setups on their Marquees. ,
Darin..you can avoid all this rhetoric..just go and do the comparison with Mike...Mike,maybe we can club together on this guys expenses..I mean hes losing so much money on all these digitals hes selling every month... :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
The part I find the funniest is that Mike and Vincent both seem to think that if they compare one of these Marquees to a Ruby and the Marquee is preferred that they have somehow beat me. Despite the fact that I figure this guy's Marquee should beat the Ruby in his room. If he doesn't prefer the CRT then it would seem that he has wasted money. I doubt his costs add up to less than a Ruby, but I don't know them specifically.
Beat you? would a heavyweight get into a ring with a lightweight? P.S. I make MP the champ. ;)

I know that ANY top 9" bests the Ruby..I sell both,like I said the Ruby is pitched at 3 chip dlp NOT 9" crt.Mike has offered to prove this,I wish I could be there for this-If it happens I may be,not to vindicate what I already know but to see how a man in your condition manages to get up the steps unaided. :D




Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
And I have nothing to do with the design of the Ruby. That is all Sony.
Glad you cleared that one up..The word SONY gave you a clue eh?aaawwww man,your a hoot!!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Mike,

With that (I assume used) CRT you are planning on comparing with a Ruby, will you give an idea of the cost of that one? Maybe it isn't for sale and I'm not looking for a specific price, but if you were to sell it and any required accessories (like the MP5), would it be more than $10? More than $15k? More than $20k?

Darin,Marquees cost more than $10..even poor ones..I think here you may be referring to the original cost of your NEC 9PG..
Mike ,take it easy on this guy,he knows not what he does,

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #306 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74
I will only post this answer to you, because I don't think there are any reason to spend time on you and the things you say. But I need to clarified some things.
No, my 9500LC was not set-up (reason was a , but I was looking at one 9500LC with MP mods and further bill blue mods a couple of month before I got my Ruby.

I have seen a Cine 9, at a swedish show 4 years ago, and it looked like crap. But I don't think, like some other here do, that then it's MUST be crap. No, I understand that it maybe (well VERY likely) because it was set-up bad. But here people can see a digital at best buy or some other place for 5 min and call it crap....

So I have not seen a well set-up G90 or Cine 9, and I don't think there is anyone here in sweden. So it was hard to justify a blind purchase of a G90/cine 9, that cost more than my Ruby, without even see one. The Ruby I saw a couple of times before I got it.

Yes, I feel that I have a overall better image with my Ruby than the CRT's I have seen. Of course I see things that are worse than a good CRT, but the sharpness, 3D in half-light/light image, and some other things, are better IMO. But I have not seen a well set-up G90 or Cine 9. Would love to visit Per Johnny and see his Cine 9. Because I was very close to get a barco 909 before I did go for the Ruby.


/Mattias
So you bought the Ruby with little knowledge of 9" crt -glad you are finally honest enough to say this! ;)

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #307 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles
I knew it would be a mistake reading these posts, but this is complete and utter nonsense. The arrogance and ignorance you have in asserting these things is unfathomable to me. I just can't possibly lower myself to a level where I can understand where you get these kids of thoughts based on what Darin has said and reported on.

Whats a kid of thought? But anyway,I havent asked you to get involved.

He has never said anything evere REMOTELY close to this. Unbelievable. You are totally inventing things and concocting statements that were never said. You are creating a straw-man who does not exist. The CRT Forum does not need yet another member lying and fabricating totally childish nonsense.
As I said before, how can you think it at all reasonable to EXPECT and DEMAND that Darin, a private party, to fly around the country with his equipment, and sacrifice his money and time, to assuage your childish demands? He has already spent countless hours traveling around his nearby area to increase his understanding of displays and compare video and displays, etc.
I'm not going to get personal, but I beg to differ with this pedestal. There are many excellent folks around these parts, and if you want to assuage your silly sense of video by proclaiming that one particular person singlehandedly knows more about video than anyone else around these parts, I would definitely beg to differ.
Really? Has he met you?
Chris,its clear you are a Darin "fan",I wish you both all the happiness possible. ;)

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #308 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Skoghall, va, Sweden
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If you say that seeing a 1292, 9500LC, cine 9 irl is little knowledge, well then you are correct because I didn't see all 9 inch CRT on the planet and all set-ups either. :D

Sound and video is not magic, it is pure physics. Physics that can be magical
NIN74 is offline  
post #309 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74
If you say that seeing a 1292, 9500LC, cine 9 irl is little knowledge, well then you are correct because I didn't see all 9 inch CRT on the planet and all set-ups either. :D
You are correct that i`m correct! 4 or 5 hours viewing ANY crt not in YOUR enviroment does not really make you qualified to comment on ALL 9" crt`s. :D

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #310 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Look ;-Heres the bottom line.

If you have a Ruby great,IF you want to believe its the best pj on the planet-fine.
IF you are going to state this view publically with little or no personal experience of other pj`s-In this instance we talk of 9" crt.
Then thats incorrect.
If you have little knowledge & experience of 9" crt-though still feel that the Ruby is better/or not(Ref;-Darin)-then go and see a well setup 9" crt to compare.

If given the opportunity to take your Ruby to one of the top men regards marquees,I dont know why someone would not take that opportunity as opposed to wanting a comparison elsewhere.

Most people compare projectors to find the one they would like to purchase-clearly this is not the case with Darin,because bar the NEC 9PG he has never owned a top crt-certainly not a top level crt like the G90,Cine 9,9501LC Ultra etc...
He has on the other hand bought-and sold many digitals.
Clearly hes not happy about something ,else why sell so many in such a short space of time?

I have a theory.. ;) I think Darin KNOWS the 9" holds the pic high ground-and from somewhere in his minds eye he has a reference picture-that picture is from crt.
The reason for all the buying/selling of the digitals,the reason for all these comparisons where he hopes to beat crt is because he KNOWS crt is the best pic still..but for whatever reason he cant-or wont have one.

Maybe Darin should try a top 9" crt,maybe he would find he wouldn`t have to sell 3 months later.
Possibly this is a better course of action than keep looking for a digital that will eclipse the top 9" crt.


Maybe he remembers the pic from his NEC 9PG and realises he made a mistake getting rid of it?

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #311 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Skoghall, va, Sweden
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch
NIN>> Actually, I could maybe get a ceiling lamp with a dimmer to measure something like 1:2000 in on/off contrast. That doesn't mean that it bests, say a Sanyo PLV-Z1 in PQ.
You are far too interrested in these numbers nowadays. Whatever happened to "see for yourself"?
Anyway, You do also state that the black levels aren't quite CRT:ish in dark scenes, so what are we actually discussing? To me it seems like we agree on the same findings;
The Ruby produce a beautiful, detailed, calm and natural picture, but it's blacks are not quite CRT:ish in dark scenes. Right? :)
As I percieve it, this is approximately what Per Johnny, Graham, Darin and most other folks think also, right?

I could definitely live with a Ruby. Would I trade it 1:1 with my 1292? No, I don't think so, I would miss the deep blacks far too much. :o

Sorry, the problem I have is when you say these two things:

*The Ruby have not DLP blacks.
I wonder in what way does it NOT have better blacks than a DLP? I don't know of any DLP that have better blackouts. So FTB must be better on the Ruby. Now, on low IRE materials, what DLP are having better black then? In what way are it black? Because of ANSI CR?

*You are saying that the Ruby have much less shadow detail than your 1292. I don't see Per Johnny or mhafner saying they are loosing a lot of shadow detail on the Ruby against their Cine 9. Both of them have compared the Ruby at home and not seeing one in a shop.

I don't have any problem with you preferring your 1292 at all. But I feel like you have seen the Ruby under less than good condition, and judge it from that, are little sad. Just like the Cine 9 looked like crap on the swedish show 4-5 years ago.


/Mattias

Sound and video is not magic, it is pure physics. Physics that can be magical
NIN74 is offline  
post #312 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Skoghall, va, Sweden
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent M.
Look ;-Heres the bottom line.

If you have a Ruby great,IF you want to believe its the best pj on the planet-fine.
IF you are going to state this view publically with little or no personal experience of other pj`s-In this instance we talk of 9" crt.
Then thats incorrect.
If you have little knowledge & experience of 9" crt-though still feel that the Ruby is better/or not(Ref;-Darin)-then go and see a well setup 9" crt to compare.

If given the opportunity to take your Ruby to one of the top men regards marquees,I dont know why someone would not take that opportunity as opposed to wanting a comparison elsewhere.


So if I get this straight:
One CAN look at a digital in a shop, for 5-10 min and make a judgement on it.
But with a CRT, one needs to look for hours and hours at many peoples home (we don't want to hear the "that CRT cannot be calibrated right", "bad tubes", "bad source", etc) to even say anything about this? :rolleyes:


/Mattias

Sound and video is not magic, it is pure physics. Physics that can be magical
NIN74 is offline  
post #313 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74
You are funny, in a demented way :cool:
So if I get this straight:
One CAN look at a digital in a shop, for 5-10 min and make a judgement on it.
But with a CRT, one needs to look for hours and hours at many peoples home (we don't want to hear the "that CRT cannot be calibrated right", "bad tubes", "bad source", etc) to even say anything about this? :rolleyes:


/Mattias
You can buy ANY projector with as little or as much judgement as you like-I wouldnt advise buying after 5/10mins judgement mind you.(**I bet the salesman doing the demo must have been rubbing his hands in glee after selling you a Ruby after a 5 minute demo!! :D :D )

What i object to is sweeping statements about how good something is and how it beats everything else-only to find that the "everything else" referred to is not everything else..then when one does some digging one finds from a comparitive standpoint its more "very little of ANYTHING else".

I have regular points of comparison,I sell Ruby`s ,I sell 9" crt..If someone asked me what the ultimate pic was-I would say one of 3 or 4 top 9".
I would also point out that crt needs a little more space-its not for everyone. We all realise compromises have to made with a customers buying decision sometimes-where NO compromise needed to be made I would recommend 9".

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #314 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Per Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Asker/Oslo - Norway
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
:D I like both the Cine 9 and the Ruby. I quess there is something wrong with me or both the setups, and that I never have seen a good setup of the 1500 projectors I have setup during the last 10 years. :p

Per Johnny
Per Johnny is offline  
post #315 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johnny
:D I like both the Cine 9 and the Ruby. I quess there is something wrong with me or both the setups, and that I never have seen a good setup of the 1500 projectors I have setup during the last 10 years. :p

Johnny..honestly,talking total pic quality,do you believe the Ruby is even close to the Cine 9? ;)

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #316 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Skoghall, va, Sweden
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I must congratulate you Vincent. You are the first one on my ignore list. I didn't think I would find anyone that would be as un-interesting but I was wrong :D


/Mattias

Sound and video is not magic, it is pure physics. Physics that can be magical
NIN74 is offline  
post #317 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN74
I must congratulate you Vincent. You are the first one on my ignore list. I didn't think I would find anyone that would be as un-interesting but I was wrong :D


/Mattias

:eek: From your ludicrous statements in other forums and continual personal comments,I consider this welcome! :cool:
Darin,looking for a new recruit? He fits the bill,"0" credability and history of poor comparsions. :D

Please,please,HDTV for the u.k.
Vincent M. is offline  
post #318 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
 
Kysersose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Vincent, I deleted your last post.

Cut out the trolling. Continue on this path and I will continue to delete your posts and then ask for a suspension or ban from the admin.

The fact that you seem to be stirring it up with multiple members will make this very easy for me. Clean it up or you will be forced to leave. Your constant "snide" remarks are not welcome here anymore.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Kysersose is offline  
post #319 of 319 Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
 
Kysersose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
As for everyone else.... this thread is going nowhere. Until/If someone does a new direct comparison they can open a new thread.

Thanks,

Kyser

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Kysersose is offline  
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off