Meet the twins! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Phil, I'm in complete agreement. I'm not offering excuses or anything of the like nor am I trying to excuse his actions. I was just trying to comment on my theory of his actions and why Gino make actually get the mod from him (although I won't trust him unitl Gino has everything go well ;)).

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person99
The person we are talking about is not in the US. I'm convinced that your are worse than raster.
Aha. Unfortunatelly my bad experience with one of US citizens throws bad shade on all of you. Sorry but it works this way. One bad experience needs a lot of good experiences to be neutralized. The only good personal experience with US citizen was my teacher of english. It is 1:1 and you loose.

Not worse.
post #183 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

We don't think all Eropeans are beggers because of you, so you shouldn't judge all of us by one crook. Which by the way is still not proven. Most of us think yoiu tried to pay with that sax with a stolen credit card. Being an American, he was too smart to fall for it. :D

Phil Smith
post #184 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan II
Aha. Unfortunatelly my bad experience with one of US citizens throws bad shade on all of you. Sorry but it works this way. One bad experience needs a lot of good experiences to be neutralized. The only good personal experience with US citizen was my teacher of english. It is 1:1 and you loose.

Not worse.
I guess then that I need to conclude that everyone in the Czech Republic is an idiot. :)
post #185 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Phil, I'm in complete agreement. I'm not offering excuses or anything of the like nor am I trying to excuse his actions. I was just trying to comment on my theory of his actions and why Gino make actually get the mod from him (although I won't trust him unitl Gino has everything go well ;)).

Dave
Still, comments like that give new customers a glimmer of hope that Casper will do the right thing. Tell me, just because he can do it, what makes you think he will? What in his history makes you think that is possible? For people that don't know much about him, I think your comments give the wrong impression.

Phil Smith
post #186 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I ws just thinking.

Before you guys sent the crook money for the HD-SDI boards. Did anyone actually see a prototype or a sample of what you where going to get?

This is then one difference between most of these types of transactions. Actually seeing a finished one first.

That's the difference between vapourware and an actual part.

Graham
post #187 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI, Reference Imaging does sell an HD-SDI input card for Marquees.

It's fairly pricey but it's definitely a real product.

CJ
post #188 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Chris, I am aware of them, am currently speaking with Reference Imaging as a backup plan if Caspers HD-SDI marquee input cards don't come through.

However, I still believe he will do the HD-XA1 mods, as he says this is actually a finished product, not in testing/development. In any case, I will ask him for pictures, and I am planning to give him a call today

- Art, I do have his home phone actually :)

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #189 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 10:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Its not all Black & White guys.
Firsthand I can tell you that without a little trust & patience the Moome, Marquee VIM Input would not have existed.

I prefer do think that the majority of enthusiast on this & other CRT forums are a bit more trustworthy than your common "ebayer".

Mark Conner
post #190 of 294 Old 07-17-2006, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon
Firsthand I can tell you that without a little trust & patience the Moome, Marquee VIM Input would not have existed.

I prefer do think that the majority of enthusiast on this & other CRT forums are a bit more trustworthy than your common "ebayer".
Sending money for an "idea" is a lot different that sending money for something we know works and exists!!

Thats like investing cash in the share market on penny stocks. You know you are taking a risk.

There was no risk mentioned at all with the HD-SDI input card. The money was sent because he needed cash to float buying the parts.

Thats a bit different IMHO

Graham
post #191 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I guess then that I need to conclude that everyone in the Czech Republic is an idiot. :)
Unfortunatelly you are close to truth. And a lot of them are even worse than I am! Imagine that! Frightening.
post #192 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

MP - will getting a HD-SDI input card from either reference imaging or casper bypass any of your rev2 mods? if so, how will it be affected? Thanks mate!

post #193 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 AM

it's that world class pilsner (beer).
It's not in this case what Liberace stated: too much of a good thing is wonderful!?
post #194 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Signal still has to go thru MP's modded VIM's. No problem there Gino!!

Mark Conner
post #195 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS
MP - will getting a HD-SDI input card from either reference imaging or casper bypass any of your rev2 mods? if so, how will it be affected? Thanks mate!
The second input slot on the VIM goes directly to the first bank of relays on the VIM, and so does the BNC's on the VIM. So both BNC (RGB) and the second input slot (RGB) goes directly to the input relay.

The second set of relays are for the slot (decoder) above the VIM. Since that slot is not being used, the second set of relays are being removed from the V2 VIM for a more direct and straight forward 75 ohm path to the amplifiers.

So with anything on either the BNC's or second input slot, it goes directly into the amplifiers through the first set of relays. Therefore it's going directly into the V2 circuits.

I'm really excited about HD-SDI, mainly because unlike DVI and HDMI (consumer), it's a very high quality broadcast standard. And would be a perfect compliment for your broadcast quality scaler, processor, switcher blend unit. If that happened for you, in that you're able to get HD-SDI into the Blendzilla, you'll have the best video chain out there for those 9500 Ultras.

It's all about the performance... Got Marquee!

High Performance Marquee Video chain modifications.  Now available!

post #196 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon
Moome is a different story. He's slow in communication and delivery, but he does eventually deliver. Casper hasn't ever produced anything.

Quote:
Spoken like someone that doesn't understand ebay, like so many on this forum. If you pay thru PayPal with a credit card, you can get your money back if you don't get what you were promised. Not some of the time, but 100% of the time. Lets see those that have pre-paid Casper get their money back. It ain't gonna happen, and there's no recourse to make it happen. If you know what you're doing, ebay is 10 times safer than buying from forum members, the for sale section on this forum, Videogon, Audiogon, etc.

Phil Smith
post #197 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith
Most of us think you tried to pay with that sax with a stolen credit card.
??? I really do not like these jokes.
post #198 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748
I'm really excited about HD-SDI, mainly because unlike DVI and HDMI (consumer), it's a very high quality broadcast standard.
I don't know much about SDI. I know one is considered professional and the other consumer, what exactly are the performance differences between the two?

Phil Smith
post #199 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I know what you mean about FORUM MEMBERS, I am still chasing for final payment after over a year and yet, I get no response.

Trust, something that easily burns you, even when you think that you know them.

Someones ears are possibly burning,
maybe I should name them and everyone can see who I am talking about.

Cheers
Steve

Sharp and Detailed Images To You All
post #200 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan II
??? I really do not like these jokes.
Thank you! You made my day! :D

Phil Smith
post #201 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith
Thank you! You made my day! :D
Why? What is funny on that?
post #202 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:17 AM

I got two altos from US, I kept the rough one coming from marching band and swapped the nice one for tenor. Soprano was the last one I wanted so i am upset not only for being cheated but for loosing my chance to get soprano! They run for 1000 usd here! I won that one for 110. I WANT MY SOPRANO YOU ****ING AMERICAN THIEVES!

(sorry it still hurts)
post #203 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-Steve
Someones ears are possibly burning,
maybe I should name them and everyone can see who I am talking about.
Sorry to hear that!

Naming someone is always a touchy subject. You'd be helping other members avoid getting burned too, but calling someone a thief on a public forum is not to be taken lightly. I know some bad stuff about a couple of members, but I'm uncomfortable revealing it, so I don't. Casper--that's a no brainer! :D

Let me add that I know about getting ripped off first hand. I've bought and sold used merchandise for a living for nearly 20 years. To make things happen, sometimes you have to take some chances, and sometimes it's simply due to doing something stupid. Over the years, I estimate I've lost about $20K to bad deals. Sadly, about 3/4 of that was from selling stuff on credit to my friends, some of which were at one time very good friends. Even my friends that paid me, paid me late most of the time, and made me chase down their payments.

So, there's a very good reason for my cynical and callous opinions. I paid top dollar for them! :D

Phil Smith
post #204 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
- Art, I do have his home phone actually :)
Next time you speak to him could you mention about that external transcoder he was supposed to be working on for several of us for the last six months ? Thanks in advance. :D

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #205 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Matrox have shown an external DVI to HD-SDI box that I have been looking at - will be very useful for editing, but may have wider appeal..

http://www.matrox.com/video/products/mxo/home.cfm

Key features

• DVI to broadcast-quality video conversion in HD and SD
• Portable, hot-swappable external box
• Genlockable HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite outputs
• Up to 8 channels SDI embedded audio output with stereo audio monitoring
• Workflow enhancements for Final Cut Pro and other QuickTime-based applications
- Conversion of DVI preview output to frame accurate broadcast-quality video for insert editing and print-to-tape with guaranteed audio/video sync
- Interlacing artifact elimination and gamma correction when previewing video on a secondary DVI display
- Hardware accelerated output of DVCPRO HD, HDV, and Final Cut Pro Dynamic RT segments
- Realtime downscaling of an HD project to SD resolution with proper color space conversions

DON'T feed the troll.
post #206 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Have been speaking with VDC in regards to getting the red C-element, and they have said they can do it for me if I want, BUT feel that there is not enough of improvement to go to the expense of adding the "C" elements to the projectors.

So when the time comes for a new red tube, maybe then, but will skip it this time around.

post #207 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748
I'm really excited about HD-SDI, mainly because unlike DVI and HDMI (consumer), it's a very high quality broadcast standard. And would be a perfect compliment for your broadcast quality scaler, processor, switcher blend unit. If that happened for you, in that you're able to get HD-SDI into the Blendzilla, you'll have the best video chain out there for those 9500 Ultras.
Sounds good to me Mike!

post #208 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Have been speaking with VDC in regards to getting the red C-element, and they have said they can do it for me if I want, BUT feel that there is not enough of improvement to go to the expense of adding the "C" elements to the projectors.

So when the time comes for a new red tube, maybe then, but will skip it this time around.
I think that is a bad move! VDC is only concerned with simulation and not an accurate and quality video image.

Gino, I think many of the top setup guys will back me on this. MP even strongly recommended I install a red c-element in my 9500.

John
post #209 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I concur ENTIRELY with John's assessment.

I do not consider the red C element to be OPTIONAL on a 9500 if the application is home theater. I consider it to be ESSENTIAL.

Chris
post #210 of 294 Old 07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Why haven't Tim Mike Curt between them suggested this to Gino....surely not a critical oversight.....obviously alot more stuffing around now, tube out, setup disturbed.....I'd be asking questions....No offense to anyone concerned, but if I'd outlaid this sort of cash I wouldn't want to have to be removing tubes prior to getting them babies setup.... :eek:

sorting the fly SH!T from the pepper

Now Barco Graphics 1209s (colour filtered) in the house, feeding the mighty beast thru DVDO VP50 & PC-3000 with Moome
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page