OT: Altig International Scam - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2006, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys

ok so I graduated from university with a bachelors of computer science last spring and I've been posting my resume all over the bloody place trying to get a real job.

One day I get an e-mail:

Bonjour,

Mon nom est John Ter-Martirosian. Je suis le directeur du Recrutement de AIL et Altig International au bureau de Montréal, QC. Je vous écris concernant votre curriculum vitae, celui-ci m’a été envoyé et j’aurais quelques questions.

S.V.P. laissez-moi savoir quel est le meilleur numéro pour vous rejoindre ou appelez-moi au 514.748.9392. J’attends votre appel!

John Ter-Martirosian
AIL/Altig International
7575 Transcanadienne S. 328
Montréal (Qc) H4T 1V6
(514) 748-9392
aliouziame@altig.com
www.altig.com

For the non french out there basically says I saw your resume and liked it call me.

So I call the guy and leave a msg and a bit of phone tag later some woman calls me back. Says shes got my resume and would like to setup and interview. Then she tell me that she missunderstood my last name so I spell it out to her and she once again loads my resume! Confused I am. So I ask what type of work would it be since she contacted me and she replies well what type of work are you looking for! I kinda fumble my words and I guess she realised I was confused and says she is looking for people to do sales and management!

Now my resume has nothing about sales on it. I've only ever done IT stuff and lifeguarding jobs.

So I'm really confused as to what the hell they want me for. So i poke around there website. Vague ambiguous, team, leadership total BS. Still confused and thinking well what they hell I'll go and see what happens at the interview.

A little more internet digging. OK I googled the company, dunno why I didn't do that first. Scores and scores of complaints about it being a pyramid scam and people totally getting ripped off.

So since I trust everyone here so much I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this company and if so is it really a scam?

P.S. If anyone is looking for someone to do work in geographic information systems let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM

I once worked for AIL/Altig International and have a pretty good clue what they're all about. Like most other people who work for the company, I only lasted a short time because there were far too many obstacles, expenses, problems put in the way of my personal success while the company profited from my hard work. AIL is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company. This type of business practice isn't yet illegal but, in my personal opinion, it should be. There is very accurate information posted by several past employees all over the internet right now. It's always the same complaints and issues over and over again on all these sites. All you have to do is Google "American Income Life scam fraud" or "AIL/Altig International scam fraud" to get an eye-opening view, from the inside out, of how this company operates. In my opinion, as someone who has worked for them: DON'T DO IT. You won't reap the rewards for your hard work. You'll probably end up in debt.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Hello,
I am a reporter with CTV National News and I am looking for information from any Canadians who have direct experience with this company.
I am also looking for someone who has direct experience working for them who would be willing to be interviewed on camera about their experiences.
I can be reached at 416-313-2486
Or at whistleblower@ctv.ca
Please reply ASAP if possible, as my deadline is fast approaching.
Regards,
Kathy Tomlinson