The green tube on my ECP 4000 flickers horizontal bands. The effect is that my picture turns a bit purpleish like the green isn't being driven as hard as it needs to be. It never stop displaying the picture completely its just gets dimmer in stripes across the screen. Sometimes its the whole tube face some times its horizontal bands that jump around. And the most annoying thing is that its very intermitant. Its will work fine for 30min then flicker like crazy for 2min then back to normal.
What I've done so far:
- Checked the input wires from my HTPC ... its good I wiggled the hell out of it and nothing happened.
- Removed the neckcard from the green and put it back on.
- Disconnected every wire from the G2 control to the neckcard and reseated them.
- Pulled all the circuit boards out of the back and reseated them
- Recheck connectors on green neck card.
- Pull power deflection module and reseat it (I don't think that could be it though)
Anyways crealy its some sort of loose connection along the signal path that intermitantly getting woozy any ideas where else I can fiddle. If any can thing of a spot where these connectios go bad that I haven't let me know.
I am no expert on these so can take this with a grain of salt
When I was adjusting my ECP 3100 I would get these strange flickering as well. What solved it for me was on the CRT socket the trim pots on the back of it were very touchy. I got some cleaner / lubricant and sprayed them. Worked the cleaner / lubricant in and then did the setup again. Has not given me issue since.
Again this may not work for you but did work for me.