Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Cliff,
We have never met or really spoken but I kind of feel like I know you from following your Blendzilla thread. I have met Clarence so we do have a mutual contact in him. Anyhow, I just wanted to send my support and encouragement along with the so many others here that seem to love and admire you! You are a funny guy from what I read so hopefully you don't lose your sense of humor during this trying time and you will come out on the other end with a big sh*t eatin grin on your face! Remember, STUFF can be replaced but your sanity can be here today and gone tomorrow. Do what ya gotta do my friend. Best wishes and hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks so much for the support guys. I really appreciate it alot!!!!!

Cliffy
post #33 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I never climbed the hill all the way to g90's but I had made my way to many nice 8"EM's and then my health problems forced me to sell everything of value to get along, so I sorta know the feeling. Just be glad you have your health because being without a good pj is one thing, but being without good health is another thing entirely. I bitch at this little worn barco I'm using sometimes but other times I'm impressed by the limited little thing. But nothing is nearly as annoying as being sick, broke, and unable to work on top of all that.

(Just trying to bring some perspective)

It's not like YOU won't be able to buy nice things again later...

Troy

The Non-Profit Home Theater Company will make your HTPC experience much easier.
Link for info on our first project
post #34 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcCinema View Post

I never climbed the hill all the way to g90's but I had made my way to many nice 8"EM's and then my health problems forced me to sell everything of value to get along, so I sorta know the feeling. Just be glad you have your health because being without a good pj is one thing, but being without good health is another thing entirely. I bitch at this little worn barco I'm using sometimes but other times I'm impressed by the limited little thing. But nothing is nearly as annoying as being sick, broke, and unable to work on top of all that.

(Just trying to bring some perspective)

It's not like YOU won't be able to buy nice things again later...

Troy

I concur 100 percent Troy. What happened to you?

Cliff
post #35 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Poor diet and laziness and sit on my ass type work and not getting good health care led to gall stones clogging up my system, which went untreated for a very long time practically ruining my pancreas. (I though my chronic back pain was from one of my many accidents, but it turns out it wasn't. Finally found the real cause when stomach pain became unbearable.)
All could have been easily diagnosed or avoided but I was of the mind that what doesn't kill you... Didn't like doctors... Self employed with no health care...

Even after having the gall bladder removed I still have chronic pancreatitus and every problem you can imagine with your digestive system. (ick!)

Take care of yourself and your family, that's all that's really important.

Troy

post #36 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Troy sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon and recover fully. Take care.
I think the reaction to Cliff selling his pj's has been more overwhelming than when he lost his job. At least to the best of memory. He is a bright guy and will beat us again soon.

It is all about quality...that is the picture

JVC & NEC 8" CRT with 106" wide Stewart screen. All NHT speakers driven by Pioneer Elite AVR and bluray

Custom dedicated 8 seat theater

post #37 of 61 Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Troy,

My best wishes on your health! I hope you recover soon.

I'm also self employed with no health insurance and an aversion to doctors. I can very much envision hitting a point in my life like you're going thru. I've been self employed in one manor or another for about 25 years. I like it. I decided a long time ago that health care and health in general was a sacrifice I had to make to be self employed.

Phil Smith
post #38 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 12:06 AM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 13
Sorry to hear you are going through tough times. My thoughts are with you Cliff.
post #39 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not dying and I'm not living under a bridge so it'll all work out. It's really pissing me off how long it's taking to get better but it is slowly happening finally.

However lets not hijack cliffs thread and I don't need any sympathy my problems are self induced so I don't really deserve any anyway,

Phil just watch out that if you start to feel pain or something that you don't ignore it for years until it's almost too late. I could have always afforded to just pay cash for DR visits, so no health insurance isn't even a real excuse for me. I just took for granted that the pain I was having was just more of the same pain I've always had even though I should have known better because it was getting worse and worse.

Don't ignore things your body tries to tell you, it will cost a lot more later if you do...
And don't sweat the small stuff like temporary money problems, toys, jobs, etc. None of that really matters. It can all come back as quick as it can all go away.

Troy

post #40 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Troy sorry to hear about that dude, hope you are better soon, don't blame yourself that much

I know what a messed up digestive system is like all to well, it ain't fun I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I mean that

laying in the floor with such severe intestinal pain and cramps that you want to die isn't a very fun way to live for 2 years

I have had 2 endoscopy and 1 colonoscopy procedures in the past 12 months, 30,000$ worth of other tests on everything you can imagine, Digestive problems must run in my family as my brother is even worse, esophageal spasms, hiatal hernia, severe gerd and gastritis, liver cholesterol issues, IBS, he is taking as much Regulan/Zelnorm/Nexium as possible

get well soon bud, nothing sucks worse than this, because my love for eating is more than anything else(including HT)

-Gary
post #41 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not dying and I'm not living under a bridge so it'll all work out. It's really pissing me off how long it's taking to get better but it is slowly happening finally.

However lets not hijack cliffs thread and I don't need any sympathy my problems are self induced so I don't really deserve any anyway,

Phil just watch out that if you start to feel pain or something that you don't ignore it for years until it's almost too late. I could have always afforded to just pay cash for DR visits, so no health insurance isn't even a real excuse for me. I just took for granted that the pain I was having was just more of the same pain I've always had even though I should have known better because it was getting worse and worse.

Don't ignore things your body tries to tell you, it will cost a lot more later if you do...
And don't sweat the small stuff like temporary money problems, toys, jobs, etc. None of that really matters. It can all come back as quick as it can all go away.

Troy

Troy, you aren't hijacking my thread at all. I dont even recall this being my thread.

Like I said before, I'm not in dyer straights right now, but at the same time, my financial situation isn't the best either and having some money back in my pocket and going digital to off set the cost would really make a big difference. In the end though, I really don't think I would be happy so once I get some fine details out of the way that require Ken Whitcomb's help, a decision will be made.

I definitely relate on the health insurance thing. My wife, my 3 kids, and I don't have health insurance right now and if something was to happen, I would be wiped out. Very scary. I absolutely hate having this on my mind. Stress sucks........

I'm glad for you that things are slowly coming together and wish you the best. I don't wish ill health on even my worst enemies.

Cliff
post #42 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Since we have moved topics all around,here.

Sadly the phenomenon of "Medical Tourism" will continue to gather force here for US residents. I think some companies have actually come up with policies based on health care being given abroad. Speaks volumes & is really quite shameful.

Met a guy that sold me an 8500 as he moved to Anguilla with his Swiss born wife & children. When I inquired about the status of getting adequate medical care for his family on the island he informed that it would not be a problem. Anything that required medical attention would be taken care courtesy of Switzerland. Wow. thats a nice perk!!

Ovrclckr, hate to see you do it but I understand totally & tip my cap to you & wish you & your family well. (Cap not in photo)

Mark Conner
post #43 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Fixed it Clarence, sorry I got confused.

Mark Conner
post #44 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Troy,

I'm 51 and so far I've been pretty lucky. I have no problems that I know of and rarely get sick.

But even though at this point in my life I can easily pay for whatever medicals procedures might be necessary, I just won't go to the doctor anymore. I've developed a doctor phobia that I use to not have. I haven't been to a doctor for a check up in probably 15 years.

I'm sure someday I'll end up doing exactly what you did, ignoring a problem until it becomes unbearable. If that's not dumb behavior to begin with, it's really stupid when you're aware of the consequences and do it anyway.

No one's ever accused me of being smart!

Phil Smith
post #45 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Phil,

Find a doctor you like. Shop around. Good shape or not, you need a yearly beginning at about age 50. Really.

I just had an colonoscopy screening yesterday. Been a long time since I did any drugs, but these were pretty good

Willie
Clean as a whistle
post #46 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
A yearly blood and urine work is very revealing to any disorder in progress and is not going to cost more than a few hundreds. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

It is all about quality...that is the picture

JVC & NEC 8" CRT with 106" wide Stewart screen. All NHT speakers driven by Pioneer Elite AVR and bluray

Custom dedicated 8 seat theater

post #47 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Willie that's about as appealing as one can make a colonoscopy. I haven't had a good buzz in many, many years.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I know ya'll are right. I'll try to make myself do that soon.

Phil Smith
post #48 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Best of luck and well wishes to all of you guys.

This thread makes me grateful to live in a country with socialized medicine. You all deserve better from your government. You work hard, raise families and support your economies. But this is not the place for politics so I'll just say "take care".
post #49 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post

Troy,

I'm 51

OLD FART!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #50 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm also fat. Sometimes family or friends will inform me that I'm fat, like I'm somehow oblivious to the fact.

Thanks for letting me know I'm old Curt! Another thing I wasn't aware of.

Phil Smith
post #51 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianM View Post

A yearly blood and urine work is very revealing to any disorder in progress and is not going to cost more than a few hundreds. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

That doesn't sound too bad. I actually think I could get the courage to handle a blood and urine test every year.

But the part about ass probing with a scope sure does not appeal to me at all. Can I skip that part? Pretty please?

Bob
post #52 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVonse View Post

That doesn't sound too bad. I actually think I could get the courage to handle a blood and urine test every year.

But the part about ass probing with a scope sure does not appeal to me at all. Can I skip that part? Pretty please?

Hehehe

Then you will Massively not enjoy a prostate biopsy, ultrasound probe And a dozen hollow needles I am told.......

--------------------
Tim at E-Tech ooo ehometech@earthlink.net ......your Marquee Pro Shop!
post #53 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What if the attending nurse looked like this?

(I can't take credit for the pix, our buddy Tim apparently caught up with her to show her that there are other 9" tubes that are more impressive than her ex's.)

LL

post #54 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Curt

Should have known you would sneak that in, here are two more, Pamela Anderson at yesterday's Barrett Jackson Auction here in Scottsdale.....

An actress marries a rock star and wants to surprise him, he digs old Cadillacs, she has a '60 convertible restored to stunning condition for probably over $100K, but the marriage folds and the actress sells the car.........

Me: "Hello!.........which will you miss more, the Kid or The Car?"

Pamela Anderson: thinks a second but replies emphatically......"The Car!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: "Enjoy the rest of your visit!!!!"

Nice bumpers, those old Cadillacs!!!!!!!!

I freakin' love this town..........

--------------------
Tim at E-Tech ooo ehometech@earthlink.net ......your Marquee Pro Shop!
post #55 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post

Curt

Should have known you would sneak that in, here are two more, Pamela Anderson at yesterday's Barrett Jackson Auction here in Scottsdale.....

An actress marries a rock star and wants to surprise him, he digs old Cadillacs, she has a '60 convertible restored to stunning condition for probably over $100K, but the marriage folds and the actress sells the car.........

Me: "Hello!.........which will you miss more, the Kid or The Car?"

Pamela Anderson: thinks a second but replies emphatically......"The Car!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: "Enjoy the rest of your visit!!!!"

Nice bumpers, those old Cadillacs!!!!!!!!

I freakin' love this town..........

You gotta love that little hooker. What a doll. That box though as well as the rear entrance has to be just tore up!!!!

Cliff
post #56 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok guys, I have decided that it's just best for me and my family right now to sell the G90's. If you have any questions and want to see the upcoming pics, please feel free to check out the for sale section.

Thanks much for all of your support and thank you everyone for making my hobby one of the best times I have had all of my life.........

Who ever get's these is going to be really happy. I just hope that someone buys them to BLEND or STACK!!!!!! Trust me, it's unreal either way........

Screenshots anyone?

Cliffy
post #57 of 61 Old 01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

That box though as well as the rear entrance has to be just tore up!!!!

Cliff

One of the best double entendres this forum has ever seen..

And she's CANADIAN!

post #58 of 61 Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

One of the best double entendres this forum has ever seen..

And she's CANADIAN!

So, you're saying she prefers round bacon?

"Time's up. Had your chance. Muffed it." ~Lord Scrumptious

Vintage Audio
What is bio-diesel?
VW TDI Forum
Ted's of Beverly Hills
Track Flights
post #59 of 61 Old 01-19-2007, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

"Well... We're waiting!"

Love that movie.

"Time's up. Had your chance. Muffed it." ~Lord Scrumptious

Vintage Audio
What is bio-diesel?
VW TDI Forum
Ted's of Beverly Hills
Track Flights
post #60 of 61 Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post

Troy,

My best wishes on your health! I hope you recover soon.

I'm also self employed with no health insurance and an aversion to doctors. I can very much envision hitting a point in my life like you're going thru. I've been self employed in one manor or another for about 25 years. I like it. I decided a long time ago that health care and health in general was a sacrifice I had to make to be self employed.

what i dont like about insurance companies is that they will price you a quote and everything will go thru at a great rate. THEN they will ask for proof of prior insurance and look up your record etc, then 2 months later your rates will go up.
You also could check oneshopinsurance(com) its always fun to see current insurance companies price.
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page