Old School Sony RVP-6010Q... Anyone familiar? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys... my company just liquidated a Japanese technology company in NJ. We came across a couple of these older 60" Sony 4:3 CRT Rear Projection Monitors...

The units are in pretty good shape and they power on without a hitch. I am trying to show an image on the screen from a Laptop connected via BNC to the Projector but I cannot get a picture on screen. I'm thinking that maybe the laptop video card is not powerful enough to push video into the RP but that's only my assumption. I have pressed all of the "Input" buttons on the front of the unit but nothing comes on screen, not even a menu of some sort.

Is there anyone here who has any familiar with these commercial RP units? They are really cool, u can see the HUGE RGB guns in the back of the unit.

I just want to get one of em working for my Conf. Room.

NOTE: The Laptop is an older Dell Inspiron unit from 2001.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/...l.cfm?id=12559
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadcaststore.com View Post

RVP-6010Q MultiScan 60-inch rear projecton system, automatic locking to most computer frequencies (fH: 15-93KHz, fV: 38-150Hz), infrared remote control for convergence (21 zone point), setup and operation, high resolution (RGB: 1400 x 1120 pixels (measured @ fH:69KHz, fV:60Hz), Video: 700 TVL), HACC lens, new CRT: improved smaller beam spot size, new fortified green phosphor against burn, optical and liquid coupling system, fine pitch rear screen with black stripe, three layered, horizontal and vertical lenticular lens, fresnel lens, viewing angle: H:+/-57 degrees, V:+/-30 degrees, high brightness of 150ft-L at peak white, 40ft-L at full white field, Auto PAL/SECAM/NTSC/NTSC4.43, Inputs: Video, Slot A (IFB-11 supplied), Slot B (open), built-in speaker, use PC-1271 switcher and SIC-M_ cable up to 50m (longer lengths contact Sony).NOTE:Special RGB interface devices such as "IFB" board and "SIC" cables may be required to properly connect various models of computers.

Features:

60-inch MultiScan rear projection unit

MultiScan capability: Horizontal 15kHz to 93kHz, Vertical 38Hz to 150Hz

High contrast images with Optical Coupling CRT

Super Fine Pitch screen with black stripes for wide vertical viewing angle

A high resolution of 1400 x 1120 pixels (RGB input)/700 TV lines (video input)

Heavy duty casters with brakes for high mobility

Wired/wireless remote control RM-1270 for full adjustments and operation of the projector

Slot type RGB input modules

Optional IFB series interface boards, the SIC series signal interface boards and the PC-1271 signal interface switcher for enhanced system versatility

Innovative optical and circuit technologies to a high frequency response of 70MHz enabling the RVP-6010Q to reproduce high resolution images of 1400 x 1120 dots (RGB input)/700TV lines (video input).

The projector can be used with various input sources thanks to its multiscan capability.

Accepting signals with a horizontal frequency from 15 to 93kHz, the RVP-6010Q quickly and accurately detects and adjusts its scanning rate to that of the input signal.

The supplied wireless/wired remote control unit, the RM-PJ1292, controls all adjustments and operation of the RVP-6010Q. After desired projection settings are determined, an advanced memory function enables these parameters to be memorized and later recalled. Fine adjustments can also be made to these memorized data.

Apart from the Y/C and composite video input, the projector has two slots for optional IFB series boards. By using alternative IFB boards, the RVP-6010Q can be interfaced with VTRs, computers and other equipment depending on the application.The projection system can be further expanded by using the IFB boards with the interface switcher PC-1271. For example, with the combination of a PC-1271 and IFB boards, several input sources can be connected simultaneously. Using the optional IFB-3000 in the PC-1271, line doubling capability can also be obtained.

For easy adjustments, the RVP-6010Q incorporates a test pattern generator which provides various test patterns: Hatch, Hatch (invert), Cross hair, Dot pattern, H pattern, Window, Plug and All white.

Projection system: Three tubes, three lenses, horizontal in-line rear projection system
Screen: Screen size 152.4 cm (60-inch) diagonal, 0.6mm pitch, Black stripe two-layer (lenticular lens/fresnel lens)
Light output: 40fL (all white), 150 fL (peak white)
Viewing angle: Horizontal ±57°, Vertical ±30°
Color system: NTSC/PAL/SECAM/NTSC4.43
RGB bandwidth: 70MHz
Resolution: 1400x1120 dots (RGB IN measured at fH: 69kHz, fV: 60Hz)700 TV lines (video IN)
Scanning frequency: Horizontal: 15 to 93kHzVertical: 38 to 150Hz
Test signals: Hatch, Hatch (invert), Cross hair, Dot pattern, H-pattern, Window, Pluge and All white (100 IRE)
Speakers: Max. 10W + 10W, 8Ó, stereo
Power requirements: 120V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: 720W max.
Input B: Open for an optional IFB series input module

Picture tubes: 17.8cm (7-inch) (15.7cm (6.2-inch) phosphor size), high luminance monochrome optical coupled with sealed coolant
Projection lens: New high-performance multi-coated HACC lens, F1.1/116mm
Contrast ratio: 70:1
Video: Video out BNC, 1Vp-p, sync negative, 75Ó
Audio: Phono, -5dBu, impedance more than 47kÓ
Input A (supplied with IFB-11): R/B BNC, 0.7Vp-p, positive, 75ÓG/Sync on G BNC 0.7Vp-p, positive, 75Ó (non-composite) 1Vp-p, sync negative, 75Ó (composite)Sync Composite sync: BNC Analog level: 0.6 to 0.8Vp-p, high impedance, positive/negative TTL level: positive/negative HD/VD separate: BNC Analog level: 0.6 to 0.8Vp-p, high impedance, positive/negative TTL level: positive/negativeAudio Phono x 2 (stereo or monaural selectable) -5dBu, impedance more than 47kÓ
Control S: Loop-through mini
Remote 1: 14-pin (from the PC-1271/1271M)
Remote 2: D-sub 9-pin (female, RS-422 port)
Dimensions W x H x D: 1340mm (52.76")W x 1930mm (75.98")H x 990mm (38.98")D
Weight: 200 kg (440lbd 15 oz)
Video: Video: BNC, 1Vp-p, sync negative, 75ÓY/C: Mini DIN 4-pin Y (luminance): 1Vp-p, sync negative, 75Ó C (chrominance): 0.286Vp-p (NTSC), 0.3Vp-p(PAL), 75WThe Y/C input has priority over the composite input

Did you press Fn+F8 to enable the video output on your laptop?
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, I did that numerous times... still no picture on screen. I am somewhat familiar with attaching an External monitor to a Laptop, as before this mammoth PJ was rolled in, this same Laptop was connected to a 21" CRT via BNC and it was working fine. We could easily alternate between Laptop, CRT or Both using the Fn+F8 keys.

Interesting thing... I found the Manual online for $10. There is supposed to be some type of on screen Menu, according to the manual.

I cant seem to get anything to come up on screen with or without the PC connected. I know PJ is powered up because I can "hear" it... lol... and besides that, there is an LED that lets you know it's powered on.

I'm going to hook up a desktop to see if this changes things.

I have a DLP projector at home and am not familiar in the least with CRT projectors. How would I know if this thing is broken or bulbs are blown?
post #4 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There was a Mirror in the back of the unit that needed to be pulled out. Now it's functioning well.

Thanks for your speedy reply Clarence!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
'Tat' would do it.

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List