AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot War!!!!!!!!

861K views 6K replies 313 participants last post by  rboster 
#1 ·
So I was thinking it's time once again to waste some bandwidth and post some nice shots.

I have a few movies in mind and I'm definitely going to find some time this weekend with the camera. Anyone game????

Cliffy

See less See more
#4,594 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 /forum/post/18585896

Been very busy, but did get to finish the magnetics today...

Un-touched 1080P 72hz

Are you kidding me dude!? These are some of, if not your best shots ever. That Radiance really did seem to improve the hell out of your picture. Dimensionality and sharpness has gone up several notches.

#4,597 ·

#4,598 ·
Some Narnia, Prince Caspian Shots... This is definitely my favorite Reference Movie. Great cinematography and colors.

Sent my i1 pro to be checked out. Wish i could get a pro to do this. No money though. So we have to settle for the by eye approach

More in next post

Got Blend?

Athanasios

#4,599 ·
12 feet of Rodan-O-Blend!!!!!

Athanasios

#4,602 ·
Here are some more I promised.

Two 2004 VDC Marquee 8500 Ultra LongBow's

fed 1080p@72 between the both of them Via two Tv-one C2-2250's and two Lumagen HDQ's from the Oppo BDP 83 onto a 12 foot unity gain Hurley Screen.

Athanasios

#4,604 ·
Thanks Cliff

#4,605 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr /forum/post/18622326

Smokin'!

Cliffy,

If you're "smokin", you need to quit.

#4,606 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707 /forum/post/18622852

Cliffy,

If you're "smokin", you need to quit.

lol,

How ya feeling Bruce? Hopefully a lot better.

Nashou

#4,607 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 /forum/post/18622888

lol,

How ya feeling Bruce? Hopefully a lot better.

Nashou

Unfortunately, with emphysema you NEVER feel better, it only gets worse.

I can't seem to get a straight answer as to how much longer I have to live. It ranges from a few months to 18 months. Either way, I can't do much of anything and can't remember things from yesterday......but I can remember things from 50 years ago perfectly.

#4,610 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin 3000 /forum/post/18626366

JVC HD-350(RS10) Uncalibrated compared to 2x 2004 VDC Marquee 8500 Ultra LongBow's fed 1080p@72 between the both of them Via two Tv-one C2-2250's and two Lumagen HDQ's from the Oppo BDP 83 onto a 12 foot unity gain Hurley Screen uncalibrated

JVC

CRT BLEND

JVC

CRT BLEND

This is what we mean when we say that digital projectors produce a "flat" image without any depth. Also, the JVC images appear to be dark, and the dynamic range is compressed.

#4,613 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by winduptoy /forum/post/18629698

Nash; those look great! Haven't seen it yet, I guess now I'll have to. Did you manage to solve your 'sensor' issue? These seem to have better yellows than the ones you showed last week. Take a bow, you have been working very hard at this. (I really admire your persistance.

Thanks, Well i just got word back From LA Haberlien at spectracal and my probe is fine. I just have Weird PJ's

For some reason i do not get the normal blue Hump typical of a CRT. i get a blue Dip. maybe its something in the way the Longbows Software adjusts the Blue g2 and drive. i have no clue but no matter what i do if i make 30IRE and 80 IRE close to perfect i get messed up mid IREs.

here are some pics of my latest HCFR session With Boilermakers D2 probe. i faced the Pj's this time.

See the blue dip, it doesn't look like much but the mid Ire's are very noticeable to my eye and they definitely look greenish to me from about 35-65. You really see it as you go through the greyscale windows. 20 really looks blue but 30 looks great. I have no idea what to do. i posted over at curts with more detail.

nashou

#4,614 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 /forum/post/18630262

Thanks, Well i just got word back From LA Haberlien at spectracal and my probe is fine. I just have Weird PJ's

For some reason i do not get the normal blue Hump typical of a CRT. i get a blue Dip. maybe its something in the way the Longbows Software adjusts the Blue g2 and drive. i have no clue but no matter what i do if i make 30IRE and 80 IRE close to perfect i get messed up mid IREs.

See the blue dip, it doesn't look like much but the mid Ire's are very noticeable to my eye and they definitely look greenish to me from about 35-65. You really see it as you go through the greyscale windows. 20 really looks blue but 30 looks great. I have no idea what to do. i posted over at curts with more detail.

nashou

I imagine that you are taking this with the scaler in the video chain, correct? If this is the case, and if you want to be really sure, I would take out all the secondary processing ad go directly to the pj, then measure and see if you get the same.

I would calibrate with no aids to the video chain and then get your scaller in the mix and re do.

Can you post a zip file? Just curious to see the complete thing.

#4,615 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo
I imagine that you are taking this with the scaler in the video chain, correct? If this is the case, and if you want to be really sure, I would take out all the secondary processing ad go directly to the pj, then measure and see if you get the same.

I would calibrate with no aids to the video chain and then get your scaller in the mix and re do.

Can you post a zip file? Just curious to see the complete thing.
Yes I am. I think i tried what you said last year around september and got the same results. I thought the Tv-one c2-2250 blend unit might be altering something. I still had a hard time. Same greenish brown mid range IRE's and the Blue Dip. I never seen that on a CRT before. My previous single marquee 8500 i have calibrated and i had the blue hump. the strange thing here is i have blue drive down to about 5-7 , green drive at 0, and i think red it about 20. maybe higher.

here is my rough run HCFR zip.

I can't explain it. just seems odd on how the G2 and drive for blue and to some extent red behave on these two Pj's. A few clicks of drive really affects the blue low end more than I am use to on a marquee.

If it was only one of them then id say something was wrong, but both behave exactly the same way.

When i get time i'll go from my oppo directly into the marquee.s moome card. i'll have to make a knew memory for the 1080p@60 for it.

Left PJ Facing Tubes with D2 post cal.chc.zip 3.0732421875k . file

Attachments

#4,616 ·
Facing the pjs is not the right way to do it, that does not take into account the screen. DK if that will cure anything, but grayscale readings should always be taken from the screen, not directly from the pjs. And preferably from the angle of your best viewing chair.

Have you precision defocussed your blue, electrostatically? This will bump your high IREs up a bit, possibly help your mid and low IREs stay more linear. Defocussing your blue on CRT inversely mimics the blue drive - the more defocussed your blue is, the more blue you get in your whites. And vice versa - the more precise the trimpot focusing is, the more dingy your whites get, from the blue in them being attenuated.

With CRT, it's a delicate balance to defocus your blues enough to help keep the pressure off the blue drive, yet not have it be visibly defocussed during normal viewing.

You will be able to see the defocusing when you're up close and personal with your images, but from your normal viewing position/distance, you should not be seeing any of the blue defocussing. If you do, you've defocussed it too much. Stay on that fine edge...

b

#4,617 ·
Hi Bob, yes i get the same results facing the screen. exactly and i use the screen offset function in Calman. same results. defocusing the blue makes things worse, the dip gets deeper due to the whites being already too blue. I really think it is something different with these PJ's. not sure what. they were to be used in the Apache longbow simulators. Would a P43 green tube cause this? They are the Fast persistence tubes. I am tempted to remove the green lens and go to clear just to see what happens. But my whites seem ok above 80 ire just about 70 they start to get yellowish. Like i said i never seen a blue Dip from a front PJ CRT, have you Bob?

And My Blue drive is really not even being used!!! i have it 5 out 100!!!!

Athanasios

#4,618 ·
No, have not seen this before. Curious as to how this eventually pans out...

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.