Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I've sent many email and PMs to various people in answer to questions about the TVONE units, Here seems better use of my FREE time to answer items in one go for all to read.

I will do my best here to add any info about the TV ONE 7000 series that I can.

I have running here a pair of Barco Cine9 with TV ONE C2-7200 dual channel scaler.

The 7200 adds HD SDI input and output, the rest is the same as the 7100.

the 7210 and 7110 add many more front panel buttons for direct access of features.

I use the 7200 with a single Jog wheel with push to enter, this is very simple to use and my first blend was up and running within 15 minutes of arrival of the 7200.

TVONE units that are able to edge blend can be found here

http://www.tvone.com/edgeblending.shtml

BASIC Blending setup on the TVONE is details here

http://tvone.crmdesk.com/answer.aspx?id=199 - WITHIN v2 of the 7000 series manual
http://tvone.crmdesk.com/image.aspx?mode=file&id=306 - Actual Edge Blending link

Here are some recent quotes and my opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post

With the C2-7000 it took me a few days to get my mind around how it works and sets up in that it uses individual controls for each of it's scalers to control everything. But once you get used to that, it's off to the races. If you change the blend zone size, the projectors stay in alignment which allows you to tweak the blend zone for good blending. You can set up macro's for three different setups for aspect ratio control. And get this, you can create individual resolutions and refresh rates so long as you stay with their pixel clock requirements. Adjusting the blend zone was a snap thing less that 10 min once the projectors were aligned.
One down side to the C2-7000 is that it will not accept 1080P60 as an input. The computer interface is OK but when blending still required setting the individual channels up rather that cone adjustment for say "gamma" in the blend zone. I guess there are +'s and -'s to this.
In this case we will be feeding it 1080P24 and then sending 1600 x 1200 @72hz to two G90 projectors for HD-DVD and BluRay playback. For HDTV we will send the unit 1080i60 and 720P60 and upscale.

Terry

1. Terry as you came from the Di Ventix first I think this slowed down your initial time to work out the basic control of the unit. For me I started with the TVONE unit and very quickly got the blend running (15 minutes) - I am guessing you did not have the TVONE Basic blend guide to hand as that tells you how to setup from first opening the box.

2. 1080p60 /1080p24 input : This has been asked many times and as time has gone on I believe this area of requirement has changed.

18 months ago I bought an XA1 HD DVD player which was able to output 1080i60, at the time best player on the market. TVONE WONT upscale 1080i signal, so I used an external scaler to do 1080i to 1080p conversion. TODAY technology has moved on, I now use a Sony S1 Blu Ray player with 1080p24 output, I also have an XE1 capable of 1080p24 output (Currently not able to FORCE 1080p24), these go into HD FUry units and into the TVONE. NO external scaler required, The TVONE will up the refresh rate from 24Hz to 72Hz and output via the RGBHV output.

Tomorrow ish! (Or when it arrives) I will go from XE1 and S1 into a Moome External box that allows DIGITAL HDMI connection to the TVONE unit, this removes the HDCP and will keep the signal DIGITAL into the TVONE - (HD Fury is analogue out)

The TVONE is an up down and CROSS format scaler so DVI-D input to RGBHV output is possible

3. I will come back to RESOLUTIONS for the output later, But give some thought to considering specific reolutions you WANT , Rather than PC based standard options, the TVONE will do ANY resolution you want within its limits.

Quote:

The hardest thing for me to get used to was the idea that the C2-7000 was two processors and you have to tweak each of them seperately any time you want to make a change. Heck I could even tun two different resolutions if I wanted in a blended situation.

Terry

Setup Button ONE as Channel A / Channel B switch then you can flick between the SAME setting page on the LCD display for each output (Projector)

The settings are separate as the scaler is in "Independent" mode, separate settings are required as a number are specific to each projector, This also allows two totally different projectors to be used and setup for optimum use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverg View Post

The 7000 isn't HDCP compliant is it?

No, the TVONE unit is not HDCP compliant, as I understand because this unit allow you to add "Titles" over the image this changes the video content and so cant be HDCP compliant.
There are many HDCP products available to remove the HDCP issue "HD Fury" & "moome" products - PLEASE post about these in OTHER threads, Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post

Sounds like the TVOne is a great unit, particularly with Andy's input, but the lack of any decent digital input/output throughput was a deal breaker for me]

Gino - I think the TVONE units will accept up to 1920X1080P@30Hz from their digital (DVI) input. If this is correct, then why can't you use something like the VP50 for AR control and input switching, and then have the TVONE change refresh to 48, 50, 60, 72 or 75 as you need? Just set the VP50 for either 24 or 30 output.

I suggest 1080p24 as this is available DIRECT from HD Players. More consoles & HDTV will I'm sure offer 1080p24 in time.

Ratio changes can be done within the TVONE unit. Heres the EASY solution, setup internal MACRO use in the TVONE, press a button , or from your control system select the correct ratio for each film, for me 16:9, 2.35:1 2.4:1 as I use a fixed 2.35:1 screen. Inputs? there are NINE on the C2-7100 and ELEVEN on the C2-7200 units.

I have now moved away from an external scaler unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

The TVOne units are great if you want to stay in the analog domain, but for me wanting everything digital until the moome VIMs, it doesn't appear to be compatible. The DVI chips are limited as has been said by Andy and now Oliver after speaking with TVOne staff

I think this brings us onto the topic of resolutions.
Could I ask that people try NOT to mention standard resolution like 1280x1024, 1600x1200 and other well known PC or HD resolutions - that almost! includes 1920x1080! Here is why.......

16:9 HD Film & Console games use ACTIVE resolution of 1920x1080

For now lets stick with films, I know people use games as well but I need to reduce the vast topics down to a few that I can find time to answer.

2.35:1 HD Films use only 1920x817 ACTIVE resolution, the rest is black bars.
2.4:1 HD Films use only 1920x800 ACTIVE resolution.

The majority of films are NOT 16:9 ratio.

So as a result of this I now have a fixed 2.35:1 Screen, I currently output 1080x817 to each projector, the TVONE has a PC based resolution editor that allows ANY resolution you want to be created.

1600x1200 Maybe if watching 2.4:1 then this is a sensible option. this would give you a picture 1.5 times the resolution of a 1920x800 2.4:1 image - BUT, this starts to eat up bandwidth, and it is accepted that increased bandwidth does soften the CRT image. So why not drop down to 1066x800 for 2.4:1 , NOT a standard resolution but ANY resolution can be created within the TVONE unit. Massive reduction in bandwidth and so much sharper picture.

The Resolution Editor is very quick and simple to use.

I have been requesting feature upgrades from TVONE that relate to blending, ALL features to date have been added. I still have a few more requests that are being worked on so I believe this product still has more to offer.

PLEASE NOTE : I do not work for TVONE so all above are my own opinions and should all be checked first!

All the best,

Andy.

Bringing Rodan-O-Blend to you.

Find me on the map :UK CRT : European CRT : Worldwide CRT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Andy thanks for all the info, next time I am in london i will definitly make time to stop by and visit you, it was just to difficult this past december. I am going to post my comment on the other thread about the sourcing of the Diventix here it has an e-mail from Dan Gibson VP of Tv_one.

Quote:

Ok I just Got an E-mail back from Dan Gibson of Tv-0ne and it looks like we might see some of the things we want for higher input and out put digital, although he has not said this specificlye, it lends me to think it will be included in a future upgrade.

this is the email i sent him:
"Last year I demo'd a C2-7200 and never really got to try it fully with Blending since my second projector died on me before got your units. This bring me to a discussion on the AVS Forum site about the bandwidth and pixel clock specs of your 7000 series units. Here is a link to the discusion between your unit and the Analogway Diventix 8022.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=977793

Your brochure and spec sheets have some confused as to what the maximum digital input resolution is and what the pixel clock speed is as with DVI specs it should be able to handle 165mhz pixel clock. Now we are talking about the digital input and output. Andy Halliday has been testing your units in London and says that the DVI digital input is only able to accept 1280x1024 because they have an older chip set. I would like to find out what the actual maximum input resolution is in the digital domain, and also what can be output from each scaling engine. Also what is the chip/processor that is used for this. It be great if you or someone from Tv-one maybe could join in the discusions on AVSforum as the Guys from Lumagen do in the VP forums. There are many who are looking at your products in the home theater CRT forum but want to go 100% digital to thier projectors now that there are aftermarket hdmi cards and hdcp strippers to take advantage of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD's. I plan to get a blend unit this year either the 7000 series or the C2-2250 x2 and knowing the truth with regard to this possible limitation will make our decision more informed.
Also are there any plans to add remot control abilities to the 7000 series like the 2200 series?

Athanasios"

And this was his responce:
Quote:
Athanasios,
The DVI input and output limitations mentioned in the thread are accurate.
Continue to monitor our website and I believe you will be pleased with new
product developments coming out within the next couple months.

The C2-7000 series will only have RS-232 and IP remote control. The C2-5000
series which preceded it has IR control, but no one used it. So, in
designing the C2-7000 series it was left off to save space. We packed in a
lot of capability into a 1RU frame you know.

Thank you for your continued support of our processors. I truly believe we
do offer the most affordable and flexible edge blending hardware video
processors on the market. I appreciate your help in getting the word out.

Dan Gibson | Vice President | TV One
So i guess it does have limitations but he didnt specify if it was limited to the 1280x1024 or if the limitation was the not being able to do the 1080p60 !! But i look forward to new developments in the next few months!

He has told me they were working on improving it for increased blending features last year and said it should be ready in the first quater of 2008 so looks they are right on time!

lets hope they hit the 165 mhz pixel clock for us blend fanatics!!!

Athanasios

PS: And their was talk about a scaled down dedicated blend unit for home theater use with hdcp compliancy by removing all the overlay and text over picture that violate the HDCP rules for altering the original content. This was just a possibility that one of the other contacts I have at Tv-one told me but had to temporarily abandon due to a major contractor needing a specific application from Tv-one and all their resource's we diverted to that project. Maybe this is what DAn Gibson is talking about ! Lets hope it is.

Athanasios
post #3 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Andy,

Thanks for your thoughtfull and accurate response.

To follow up on a few points:

1. Now that I am used to the controls on the C2-7100, it is a breeze to set uo. Especially the blending. As you pointed out you just switch back and forth on the independant channels to make setting changed. Right now I actually perfer using the front dial over their setup software, but that may change as I log some more time w/ the software.

2. I wanted to test the unit we have at what I considered the highest resolution possible for the Marquees I have here which are highly modded including MP's latest mods, LUG's, lens's, etc. They had no problems with this resolution of 1600 x 1200 72hz (which is a 4:3 resolution and what I wanted because the test screen is 2.4) into the Moome cards via HDMI. What the final resolution will be for the setup this is going into is TBD. It will be a 2.4 A/R screen and a pair of G90's hopefully w. MP's mods.

3. I have proved in the other thread that I am coming in and going out of the C207100 in the digital domain which is good.

4. I agree with you that 1080P60 in while desided is not a deal killer based on the latest generation of players delivering 1080P24.

5. I like the 1U size a lot, but like the 8022 hate the fan noise, so the unit needs to be located outside the theater.

6. I REALLY like the ability to do macros which IMO provides a lot more flexibility than the 8022 and removes any need for a scaler in the video chain. Very nice indeed. That provided w/ RS-232 control will make this HT application the tits.

Terry

AVS Marketplace or Videogon are the places to see F/S ads
post #4 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Awesome post Andy!

Cliff
post #5 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Question guys. How is the blendzone looking? Completely invisible from 0 to 100IRE??????

Cliff
post #6 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Terry I agree with you here as well! I sent Dan Gibson of Tv-One a copy of your findins with regards to the 1600x1200@72hz and also asked him if mayby he or one of his techs could join in on the forum from time to time and let us know about any changes or some pointers. Not sure if they will make commitment to it since they are probably very busy but it was worth a shot since the Lumagen Guys are always on the VP forum exchanging info with us. I think it be a great way for TV-One to find out what is going on with their products by not having to answer to each user individually , users could come here and look at what is going on and ask questions.

once again Andy thanks for taking time out of your Busy Schedual to write this Q&A thread.

Athanasios
post #7 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Andy - Fantastic and much needed post!

I agree with your choice of 1080X817 for 2.35 films as it allows the full horizontal resolution of 1920 and discards the black info from a 16:9 source. The end result is a drastic reduction in bandwidth each projector sees.
But, I have one question: Why don't you use 1080X1634 which would be doubling of the 817 and still within the resolving capabilities of your projectors? Should make for a bright, sharp picture. Or maybe 1080X1225? Still low bandwidth requirements.

Thanks,
Bob
post #8 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

Andy thanks for all the info, next time I am in london i will definitly make time to stop by and visit you, it was just to difficult this past december. I am going to post my comment on the other thread about the sourcing of the Diventix here it has an e-mail from Dan Gibson VP of Tv_one.

Athanasios

Hi,

Yes, A real shame you missed the barco 1209s / TVONE 7200 blend.

Still next time you are around its cine9 time .

post #9 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMrH View Post

Hi,

Yes, A real shame you missed the barco 1209s / TVONE 7200 blend.

Still next time you are around its cine9 time .

Awesome Hopefully i'll stop in England again on my way to Greece specificly to hang with you and compare notes on the TV-One blends, I should have mine some time in May if things go right with my investments.

Athanasios
post #10 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Andy,

Thanks for your thoughtfull and accurate response.

To follow up on a few points:

1. Now that I am used to the controls on the C2-7100, it is a breeze to set uo. Especially the blending. As you pointed out you just switch back and forth on the independant channels to make setting changed. Right now I actually perfer using the front dial over their setup software, but that may change as I log some more time w/ the software.

2. I wanted to test the unit we have at what I considered the highest resolution possible for the Marquees I have here which are highly modded including MP's latest mods, LUG's, lens's, etc. They had no problems with this resolution of 1600 x 1200 72hz (which is a 4:3 resolution and what I wanted because the test screen is 2.4) into the Moome cards via HDMI. What the final resolution will be for the setup this is going into is TBD. It will be a 2.4 A/R screen and a pair of G90's hopefully w. MP's mods.

3. I have proved in the other thread that I am coming in and going out of the C207100 in the digital domain which is good.

4. I agree with you that 1080P60 in while desided is not a deal killer based on the latest generation of players delivering 1080P24.

5. I like the 1U size a lot, but like the 8022 hate the fan noise, so the unit needs to be located outside the theater.

6. I REALLY like the ability to do macros which IMO provides a lot more flexibility than the 8022 and removes any need for a scaler in the video chain. Very nice indeed. That provided w/ RS-232 control will make this HT application the tits.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Good to see you go down this route .

1. I would stick with the front panel control for all settings, it is quick and easy to use. Use the PC for resolution and save of settings.

REMEMBER save BOTH resolution and system settings, When you upgrade firmware, NEXT load your resolution file, THEN load your settings file. The Resolution and User settings are NOT held in the same file , so to access your resolution settings they must be in the unit, hence load res. file after firmware updates.

ALSO the firmware is usually just ahead of the software, people might question WHY? and that in an ideal world the software would be up to date with the firmware.

As it happens they produce the new firmware very quickly in my opinion and I am 100% happy with the speed at which they act on my requests.

Why the need for the firmware updates - Simple, If you saw the list of "Features" I request then they do very well to action most of them. I work in the "Commercial Pro AV Market" so my hands on daily work has offered "features" that I feel worth adding, of course I try and keep an open mind on these requests and I ask for items that are of use to ME directly along with general requests of use to others.

2&3 - Terry, despite what everyone is telling you it is worth checking quickly. Go into the output menu, you get a screen with Dig and Analogue output type , CHANGE the settings. When you Projectors show change then you have proved without doubt DIG or Analogue .

4 - Gino is not so sold on this idea. For me this works - no product is going to please everyone.

5. There is an answer to the fan noise, You will have to check with TVONE when you are ready. You should be able to remove the PSU from the case, this will reduce the need for the high fan speed

6. Yes I too am sold on the TV ONE product

post #11 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Awesome post Andy!

Cliff

Hi Cliffy,

I trust you are well and behaving yourself.

My Cine9 pair went up about a week ago, they need to be setup, my cinema system is going though some changes not just the PJ's

I will post screen shots when done.

Andy.

post #12 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

Not sure if they will make commitment to it since they are probably very busy. I think it be a great way for TV-One to find out what is going on with their products by not having to answer to each user individually , users could come here and look at what is going on and ask questions.

once again Andy thanks for taking time out of your Busy Schedual to write this Q&A thread.

Athanasios

Hi,

I would leave it about a week or so, Currently there is a show on and so staff will be reduced in number for the next few days.

Amsterdam AV show.

post #13 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I agree with your choice of 1080X817 for 2.35 films as it allows the full horizontal resolution of 1920 and discards the black info from a 16:9 source. The end result is a drastic reduction in bandwidth each projector sees.
But, I have one question: Why don't you use 1080X1634 which would be doubling of the 817 and still within the resolving capabilities of your projectors? Should make for a bright, sharp picture. Or maybe 1080X1225? Still low bandwidth requirements.

Thanks,
Bob

Well I will try other options but currently my Cine9 pair have only been up a week so Im setting up. Entire Cinema is going for an upgrade

post #14 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Terry

Oh dang. What we're talking about here, being able to do 1600x1200 72hz on a G90??

When y'all get a real challenge for my G90 mods - holla at me..

It's all about the performance... Got Marquee!

High Performance Marquee Video chain modifications.  Now available!

post #15 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Sounds like all the problems are getting worked out.

WOW, 2 G90's, each shooting a 4:3 (using almost all the phospher), realatively tiny, 100" diag. super-sharp (MP) and bright picture, blended onto a 138" wide 2.37 aspect ratio AT screen...

I can't wait to get this setup going in the new theater. Thanks to both of you for all your fine efforts.
post #16 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajantin View Post

Sounds like all the problems are getting worked out.

WOW, 2 G90's, each shooting a 4:3 (using almost all the phospher), realatively tiny, 100" diag. super-sharp (MP) and bright picture, blended onto a 138" wide 2.37 aspect ratio AT screen...

I can't wait to get this setup going in the new theater. Thanks to both of you for all your fine efforts.

Hello

If you have over 1000 hours on your existing G90, it may have to be retubed or the unused phosphor at the top and bottom will be brighter than the center. And we don't want that do we.

--------------------
Tim at E-Tech ooo ehometech@earthlink.net ......your Marquee Pro Shop!
post #17 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Phoenix View Post

Hello

If you have over 1000 hours on your existing G90, it may have to be retubed or the unused phosphor at the top and bottom will be brighter than the center. And we don't want that do we.

If you start doing a warm up on your G90's with a full white screen at 4x3 for 10 minuts or so before watching a movie, it might help even out any unknown Uneven wear.

Athanasios
post #18 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Phoenix View Post

Hello

About 1800 hours , but absolutely no 16:9 wear. Can't see any difference outside the 16:9 when playing 4:3 because it's been shooting on a torus screen set with very low contrast and brightness ... no wear.
post #19 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

4 - Gino is not so sold on this idea. For me this works - no product is going to please everyone.

Thanks for posting Andy, I was wondering when you were going to show up

I am fine with 1080p24, in fact that is ideal for HDM. But I'm a console gamer, PS3 and Xbox360 need to be at 1080p60.

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #20 of 879 Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Gino I think if we wait a few months we might get what we ask for. Keep your fingers Crossed.

Athanasios
post #21 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks for posting Andy, I was wondering when you were going to show up

I am fine with 1080p24, in fact that is ideal for HDM. But I'm a console gamer, PS3 and Xbox360 need to be at 1080p60.

So if PS3 and xbox did 1080p24 or 1080p30 then would that solve this "Gamers" issue?

Of course thats only the bandwidth issue, the unit is still not HDCP compliant , but that can be solved by various other routes.

post #22 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

So if PS3 and xbox did 1080p24 or 1080p30 then would that solve this "Gamers" issue?

Of course thats only the bandwidth issue, the unit is still not HDCP compliant , but that can be solved by various other routes.

Andy, you can output 1080p24 from the PS3 (not sure about the Xbox360) but this is only of value for BD playback. Both consoles can output 1080i60. The problem here is that in future games will be true 1080p, and will be at 60fps. You need this high frame rate, especially for fast action games. So, not, doesn't ideally solve the "Gamers" issue without compromise.

I'm curious though, through our many previous conversations you knew I was quite interested in trying the 7200, but didn't follow through due to the apparent DVI limitation. Terry believes that there is no problem and that the unit is capable of sending 1600x1200p60 via DVI. Are you able to confirm this at all?

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #23 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm curious though, through our many previous conversations you knew I was quite interested in trying the 7200, but didn't follow through due to the apparent DVI limitation. Terry believes that there is no problem and that the unit is capable of sending 1600x1200p60 via DVI. Are you able to confirm this at all?

Gino,
Actually it's 1600x 1200 @72 that I have setup. And if you go to the other thread that Alan had started about blending you will see how I proved that indeed I am running digital in and digital out of the C2-7200 based on the Moome devices that are attached.

Terry

post #24 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post

Oh dang. What we're talking about here, being able to do 1600x1200 72hz on a G90??

When y'all get a real challenge for my G90 mods - holla at me..

LOL.....it's just a mere 200MHz

Terry

post #25 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I am waiting an E-mail from the TV-one techs to verify or at least explain why Terry is able to do what he is doing. They have a trade show convention now in the Netherlads and are busy so in a couple weeks we should ahve our answer.

Athanasios
post #26 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Terry,

you might have missed this in post #10 above

"2&3 - Terry, despite what everyone is telling you it is worth checking quickly. Go into the output menu, you get a screen with Dig and Analogue output type , CHANGE the settings. When you Projectors show change then you have proved without doubt DIG or Analogue ."

RE output of 7200.

You should be able to run any resolution/refresh rate upto a bandwidth of 109MHz. There seem to be different ways people calculate that.

(Gino - this will also answer you question)

I run RGBHV output from my 7200 so I dont have a means to test the DVI output currently.

post #27 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Andy,
I am glad that you are pursuing this, as blending looks like it has potential again. I had pretty much given up on there being a relatively inexpensive blending option before digital finally takes over.

Quote:

Thanks,
Bob

Quote:

Well I will try other options but currently my Cine9 pair have only been up a week so Im setting up. Entire Cinema is going for an upgrade

I don't see any reason to bother with what Bob is talking about. In Bob's scenario, you would be placing a 3x4 image on a 4x3 tube. If you maximize vertical phosphor usage, then you would only be using about half of the phosphor in the horizontal. I guess you could burn out one side of the tube and still have the other side as virgin phosphor. Also, I am not sure how bandwidth affects the image in the vertical and horizontal for the same given bandwidth i.e. does 1600x1200 look the same as 1200x1600. Maybe tse could give some insight on this.

It is funny that you mentioned using the 1080x817, as I spent about half an hour last night looking at that same option. It looks like you could run 817p at 72 for a pixel clock of 97, at 96 for 129 and at 120 for 162.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #28 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Terry,

you might have missed this in post #10 above

"2&3 - Terry, despite what everyone is telling you it is worth checking quickly. Go into the output menu, you get a screen with Dig and Analogue output type , CHANGE the settings. When you Projectors show change then you have proved without doubt DIG or Analogue ."

OK Andy, when I go to that output screen both the ANLOG and DIG ar set to [RGBHV]. If I select the ANLOG and change [RGBHV] to [YUV], the DIG also changes from [RGBHV] to [YUV] and the picture clearly changes. If I then select the DIG [RGBHV] and try to change that selection nothing else is available except [RGBHV] when I rotate the selector

Terry

post #29 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK Andy, when I go to that output screen both the ANLOG and DIG ar set to [RGBHV]. If I select the ANLOG and change [RGBHV] to [YUV], the DIG also changes from [RGBHV] to [YUV] and the picture clearly changes. If I then select the DIG [RGBHV] and try to change that selection nothing else is available except [RGBHV] when I rotate the selector

Terry

Does that mean that digital can also be output RGBHV? I thouhgt that was an analog only format? I dont remember seeing that when i had the unit, I must have missed it.

Athanasios
post #30 of 879 Old 01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Hi Terry / Andy,

I've used the 7xxx series a number of times for work related (broadcast graphics )system configurations. One of the challenges we faced with the 7xxx series was that if you fed it anything above 1280x1024 via DVI, it would get downsampled to 1280x1024 internally. To get around this ( and stay in the digital domain ) we had to feed them 1080i/60 via HD-SDI ( which worked great ).

I've spoken with their engineers in person at trade shows a number of times, and they said that the DVI max resolution was a hardware issue they couldn't fix. It was last April at NAB that I spoke with them last .. is there new developments on this? The spec sheet on their site still says 1280x1024 max via DVI.

Jonathan
Reply CRT Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page