Who makes the best car starter? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looking for a 2 way car starter for the wife's car , so many out there to choose frome viper,autostart, crimeguard etc.... need one that has a strong signal (fm?) range is important as is positive visual feedback we dont need an alarm just an reliable quality starter. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used to install remote starters and alarms for almost 10 years. Of all the brands I installed, the DEI brands were the best. This would include Viper, Python, Sidewinder, Clifford, etc.

However, the key to any remote starter, is the installation... Don't take it to the kids at Best Buy or Circuit City. Find a reputable shop that has installers with real experience.

I see you are in Wisconsin. (thats where I'm from originally) If you dont mind traveling a bit. Kartunes in South Milwaukee and Car-Feteria in Milwaukee are some of the best shops in Southeastern Wisconsin. Both shops would take great care of your vehicle.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-15-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duct Tape View Post

I used to install remote starters and alarms for almost 10 years. Of all the brands I installed, the DEI brands were the best. This would include Viper, Python, Sidewinder, Clifford, etc.

However, the key to any remote starter, is the installation... Don't take it to the kids at Best Buy or Circuit City. Find a reputable shop that has installers with real experience.

I see you are in Wisconsin. (thats where I'm from originally) If you dont mind traveling a bit. Kartunes in South Milwaukee and Car-Feteria in Milwaukee are some of the best shops in Southeastern Wisconsin. Both shops would take great care of your vehicle.

thanks for the tips I will look into the dei models, madison has a lot of signal interference so hopefully they will have a model that will work
post #4 of 6 Old 12-16-2008, 12:28 AM

We have quite a few brands available at the shop I work at which includes DEI. My favorite is Compustar and is what I put in my vehicle. I prefer the functionality of the unit over other brands. I believe they also have the best range capabilities.

And I agree, take it to a reputable shop.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 PM

not meaning to hijack the thread, but is there an aftermarket equivalent to something like Infiniti's Intelligent Key? i am basically interested in entering and starting a car without taking any keys/fobs out?
post #6 of 6 Old 12-19-2008, 08:32 PM

+1. Stick with the Viper SST products. The Viper 5900SST is a great solid remote starter and has a great range. We have installed tons of them with minimal problems. We use Autopage brand in the new car dealerships we service also with no failures but they tend to be a little plain.

Matt Meisenbach

MCOR Automotive LLC
Land O Lakes, FL

Yes, we are a retailer but here for knowledge exchange-(JL Audio Signature/ Alpine/ Directed Electronics/ Stinger Dealer)
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav