Alpine IVA-D310 in-dash DVD Player : Acting up! Please read and help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-13-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I have a strange issue with my 3 year old [never abused] Alpine IVA-D310 in-dash DVD player.. My car is a '99 Acura 3.2 TL

It's always worked flawlessly, until last week!

What happens is, every now and then when I start the car, the player will not start at all [ normally it automatically powers up when I start the car ], other times it will start up but the screen won't slide out, or the volume button [wheel] will not respond or the touchscreen will not respond.

Then, there are days/times when it won't power up at all, no matter what [even if I detach and re-attach the face] then after a few minutes it powers up automatically and plays normal, or once again the volume will be stuck or the touchscreen will not respond..

Other times, it works just normal!!

Being a noob at car audio repair, I took it to a car audio shop [not best buy], and the guy told me that it seems to be an internal problem with the unit and will need to be sent off to Alpine for repair. Also, it'll cost me $500-$600 to have it fixed, and even then the repair will only be warrantied for no more than 30 days!!

Please help out.. I know it's really hard to diagnose w/o actually seeing it.. but any insight would be helpful!

I'm willing to meet up and pay someone [ I live in Texas in the DFW area ] for helping out too!! I can't afford to spend $500 right now but would hate to not be able to use this beautiful unit anymore..

Please post!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 19
have you tried doing a factory reset of the unit? should be a small hole that you stick the end of a paper clip into on the face of the deck.
what other equipment do you have hooked up to the d310?

Denon AVR-3311CI, Denon DVP-602CI, B&K EX4420, B&K TX4430, Belkin PF60
Sony BDP-S5000ES, Silverstone HTPC (6 Tuner DVR & 10 TB Media)
PSB Stratus Minis, PSB Stratus C6, PSB Alpha S surround, James Subwoofer EMB-1200
Sharp LC-70LE755U, Harmony 880 Remote
post #3 of 3 Old 03-14-2009, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have done a factory reset several times.. I even dis-connected the battery once, but all in vain.. I have an Alpine Amp [can't recall the model number right now] hooked to it.. that's about it...
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page