Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post

I listened to these files multiple times in Lexus and also on the computer. Bottom line is the 512 mp4 files are either equal or so close the 1500 WAV that no one will care and will choose to use the mp4's since they allow you to use 5-6 times the songs on the hard drive

What I was saying is that is fine for many people but some people will notice the difference. I can't stand the mp3 sound, so I would choose to lose the hard drive space and hear the better audio. I can always delete albums from the iPod and then load more music into the iPod with our jukebox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM

Liked: 22
You are not understanding me. I am an Audio guy and I would BET that people cannot hear the difference between the 512 mp;4 and the 1500 WAV
I am not an mp3 lilstener; you can hear a difference there. These 512 mp4 files are way better than you think

I already listened several times and tried to make out a difference and could not;
post #63 of 63 Old 12-30-2013, 06:29 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post

You are not understanding me. I am an Audio guy and I would BET that people cannot hear the difference between the 512 mp;4 and the 1500 WAV
I am not an mp3 lilstener; you can hear a difference there. These 512 mp4 files are way better than you think

I already listened several times and tried to make out a difference and could not;

OK, Mr. Audio guy, you think the rest of us here aren't????? Besides answering you, I'm removing an organ sound from a single stem (track) of a 24-track multichannel recording using spectral editing. The multichannel recording was done at 96kHz, 24-bits with PCM encoding.

So, is that enough of an "Audio guy" for you?

AAC (Not mp4 - it's called AAC and if you want to differentiate between the older AAC versions you can say AAC/mp4) is still lossy. It is much better lossy than the older AAC and certainly much better than MP3. But, it is still lossy and I can still hear a difference (yes, I have an iPod). The high end (high frequencies) are a bit too bright. The mid-bass is a bit too muddy compared to the original wave files, but I have to listen closely to hear that difference. But, it is still a lossy file.

Even CD encoding can be insufficient which is why 96/24 is often used for higher quality recordings. It is also why I asked you about DVD-Audio discs earlier.

Anyway, we are well off subject, so I'm going to stop. I'm glad you found a format that you don't notice a difference.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page