148.2 @ 25Hz Term Lab VIDEO - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 07-27-2010, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I think all should search out his previous threads. If memory serves, he was trying to achieve an ultral low ported system in his vehicle. I believe it was to just do it, just see if it could be done etc... Not my money or any of yours either. If you had the same budget most would be doing things differently. Even from each other.

Now was it a waste? In some ways yes. Abuse destroyed some woofs. Did he learn some things? I hope so.

Krypton,

You have some great equipment, some good skills and a great imagination. I was hoping to see an incredible video of a 30 hertz tuned record breaking machine. Maybe I still can! Since 90 percent of music ends at 30 hertz, thats where you should start to think about playing with.

Still subscribed.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I apologize to everyone for getting so low as to call people names. I am sorry.

I'll just say this in responce to a few comments that seemed similar. There are a lot of bright people on this forum, and I'd bet my van that at least a hand full of you could make a 6th order or 8th order bandpass box with a pair of 10's, maybe even 6x9's, tune it real high, and get 160's all day long. At least 150's.

25Hz is a whole different ball game. And as it was stated, for the general intelligence here, that should be common knowledge. So please don't just say "hey kid, you screwed up, so and so has a Sparkomatic 6x9 in a tapped horn and gets 155's all day long" cuz its apples and oranges.

Again, there's no excuse for my reactions. Please try to see where I am coming from. I feel i am getting attact from everyhwere, told that all my time, effort, energy, and money was a waste. Well 1st lets not compare tractor pulls, 10 second dragsters, NASCARs, and sprint cars.

1st, I never set out to be a competator, and this is not an SPL vehicle. yes, it has four 18's, yest they are in a wall, yes I have way too much headroom.

This is not an SQ vehicle, I don't know anything about imaging, comb filtering, sound stage, time alignment, dynamics, and my speakers are at the top.. "Attention all employees, we need a clean up in isle 5. Thank you"

If I ran my 20Hz-60Hz sweep, found my peak, it would be up high despite my tuning, and I could get 150's all day. But I don't want to find out and post my score above 30Hz. I am tuned too high, LPed too low, and I dont want 30Hz-60Hz.

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate your input. Hope you all like the attitude adjustment

cheers!
post #33 of 34 Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

I think all should search out his previous threads. If memory serves, he was trying to achieve an ultral low ported system in his vehicle. I believe it was to just do it, just see if it could be done etc... Not my money or any of yours either. If you had the same budget most would be doing things differently. Even from each other.

Now was it a waste? In some ways yes. Abuse destroyed some woofs. Did he learn some things? I hope so.

Krypton,

You have some great equipment, some good skills and a great imagination. I was hoping to see an incredible video of a 30 hertz tuned record breaking machine. Maybe I still can! Since 90 percent of music ends at 30 hertz, thats where you should start to think about playing with.

Still subscribed.

and now I feel better already! Thank you Cub!

30Hz is my problem zone, but after recones, I'll re-Term Lab up high, inclding DBAudio's 30Hz track, just for you!
post #34 of 34 Old 07-31-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

alright, what I have:

VAN: 50 cubic feet, 20" diameter port, 18.5" long, 22Hz tune, assuming amps do 1000 watts before clipping then 4000 watts, assuming they do 1500 watts before clipping 6000 watts high pass 20Hz low pass 31.5hz 30dB/oct... with WinISD I am setting to link-riley 4th order

HT: 128 cubic feet (per sub) 12 diameter port (per sub) 5" long for a 13Hz tune ( I said 13.5-15Hz tune in video) 2 EP4000's, rated 2500 rms @ 4 ohms, I am running 8 ohms, even at 8 ohms IF they got full current delivery, rated 1750 rms. I am gonna guess Im maybe getting 1000 watts each peak.

IB3's have a 30mm Xmax, 42mm Xmech. I can bottom my subs out in all applications, so 42mm

RED LINE is van, 50cu ft 22Hz tune, HP L-R 4th order 20Hz, LP L-R 4th order 31.5Hz. WinISD puts the drivers at 42mm at tuning with 999,999 watts. 1 millioin watts. I'm not giving each of them a million watts when I bottom them out.

YELLO LINE is HT, 128 cubic feet each, 13Hz tune each, no HP filter, LP 250Hz per Denon subwoofer setting. WinISD takes 2000 watts to get to 41mm at tuning. My EP4000s are NOT each putting out 2000 watts when I bottom them out! After I get the recones, I will make a vid of me bottoming them out at tuning for ya all.

video home theater full excursion at tuning for a couple minutes, drivers not even warm, maybe 600 watts each

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssvXJJv_nU
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page