How to make it? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys. I'm going to install the car DVD by myself. I wanna get it done and make it work perfectly. It's so embarrassed to say that I don't have many mechanical experiences. But I have searched some information from the Internet. Some said I don't have to be a professional, and I have to do is to follow the instruction.
I'm looking for some tips to help me with it. And the exact position for the device is the dashboard of the front seats. Is it real complicated to mount it? What about the tools? Hope you guys can provide me some useful information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 04:13 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryug View Post
Hi guys. I'm going to install the car DVD by myself. I wanna get it done and make it work perfectly. It's so embarrassed to say that I don't have many mechanical experiences. But I have searched some information from the Internet. Some said I don't have to be a professional, and I have to do is to follow the instruction.
I'm looking for some tips to help me with it. And the exact position for the device is the dashboard of the front seats. Is it real complicated to mount it? What about the tools? Hope you guys can provide me some useful information.
You might try the auto forum for help: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...sprune=7&f=160

I did a dashboard radio a few years ago and it was easy. Everything is modular these days. Crutchfield has guides and customer support.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Yeah, it should install similar to a radio. The main thing about DVD players in cars is if they sit where the driver can see it, it has to be connected to the parking brake. By law, you're not supposed to watch videos in cars unless they're parked, so the makers rig the players so they play when the parking brake is set. It can be bypassed, but you'd have to search for the method.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Yeah, it should install similar to a radio. The main thing about DVD players in cars is if they sit where the driver can see it, it has to be connected to the parking brake. By law, you're not supposed to watch videos in cars unless they're parked, so the makers rig the players so they play when the parking brake is set. It can be bypassed, but you'd have to search for the method.

it can be bypassed? AWESOME..
thx for this info.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I only know it can be done because I've seen it. But I don't know the details.

Also, if you're caught driving with the video playing, it will earn you a ticket.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page