08 accord stereo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Accord LX that I want to do a stereo system in and I want to get some advice. I am looking for a simple system to get sound quality. I'm not looking for someone to hear me 6 blocks away.

I belive the car has 7 speakers plus a sub or two and a stock amp. I'd like to keep the stock radio for now. Maybe later upgrade to one that has a GPS or something.

I had a car stero system a few years back and I used mb quart speakers and loved the way they sounded. I've been told that they are no longer shipping products to the US & they have diminshed in quality. Is the true about MB quart? If so what other brands should I consider that will give me smilar quality?

I want to add some bass shakers/engines under the front seats for bass. I don't think I am going to go crazzy like adding a box in the trunk or anything. Hopefully the subs that are in the car can be changed and will do the job. If I need more bass I will consider a box later on.

As for amp's I know I will be better off using a non stock amp. Also if the speakers are changed with subs they will need to be powered by a good amp. I also will most likely need an amp for the bass shakers.

Also I really have never worked on my vechiles electornics before. However now with the internet is it possible for me to do most of this installation myself or am I better off using a professional. The main issue would be running and hiding the wires.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
MB Quart is fine. Is it the same it was in the late 80's/early 90's? No. But a solid product. they have decent lower priced amplifiers as well. Odds are you will want a system integration processor if you keep the factory head unit. I use crutchfield.com to see what speakers my car has. Then once i know what sizes and depths are available i continue shopping around. don't discount crutchfield though. Sometimes it is worth it to buy from them.

I suggest a multichannel amp. Something like a 5 channel. It can drive your interior speakers and your subwoofers. Give me the year of your Accord and any special features the car has and a budget you would like to stay under. I'll see what I can come up with.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 AM

I just bought a 08 Accord myself, and I ordered a Sony 770bt double din for the front. I got a Scosche dash kit for the front, and some adapters to hook up to the steering wheel and car. I also ordered a HD radio for it, it comes with the Ipod cable, and I dont really care about satellite radio right now. i will see how it sounds with that and everything else stock. My Accord only has 6 speakers, where is the 7th speaker located in your Accord?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

It's a 2008 Honda Accord Ex-L. I beleive it's a 7 or 8 speaker system. I'd like to upgrade all the speakers in the vechile while keeping the stock head unit.

The problem I am running into is most stereo shops only sell certain brands of speakers/equipment that they sell only. I had sucess with mb quart in the past and would have no problem using them again.

I'm also going to need an amp to power the speakers. The car has a small stock mono amp, but I think that amp will need to be replaced. One shop I was talking to was telling me I need to be careful if I keep the stock head unit b/c of the oms of aftermarket speakers.

I'd love to do this install myself and buy the equipment, but i'm not familar and I don't want to blow anything. I'm going to be dealing with unfamilr technology and installing which will include, amps, and crossovers.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Keep head unit. install JBL MS-8. Get a decent 4 channel or 5 channel amp and (if 4 channel) bridge channels 3 and 4 to drive a sub. Use channels 1 and 2 to run the fronts. Let the MS-8 power the rears and process everything.

If you do a 5 channel, run active. Give a good component set (seperate tweeter and woofer) an amp channel for each speaker. Let the the mono channel power the sub. This opens up the speaker possibilities. let's you buy great raw drivers from places like Parts Express or madisound. Use the factory rears powered off the MS-8 as well. Again the MS-8 processes everything. You should be able to fairly easily install this on your own.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #6 of 6 Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 307
I've used various brands of speakers over the years in my cars. The best have been Focal. They are crystal clear and can handle way more power than they say they are rated for. Always shop around for the best deals, but if you buy stuff from crutchfield they will give you all the info/ schematics for your car to do the install yourself. If you don't buy anything from them, I think you can still by the schematics for about $15.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page