Looking for a new deck w/ usb, bluetooth hd radio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm looking to replace my factory deck in my '08 Cobalt LT. It has the nice radio but not the pioneer factory upgraded speaker system. It is nice that it has the aux input but it doesn't have USB input or bluetooth. All my past decks have been Kenwood, and I have had great experience with them but I am certainly open to other options. Also I am not against the kind that don't have a cd player as I imagine w/ USB support I would just load all my music to a thumb drive.

1) I really want to be able to just leave a 16 GB or bigger thumb drive in my car all the time hooked up to a stereo. I know that most of the features I am asking for exist on my new decks but I want one that has implemented it well. Also I do not use an iPod at all and most of them seem to explain only the features of iPod hookup. I would say good mp3 browsing from a usb drive is the most important feature I want.

2) Secondly I would like to get a deck that has decent bluetooth integration. Something where you could stream audio from a bluetooth smartphone (ie pandora) and answer calls without taking your eyes off the road. This isn't as important as the usb audio but it would be very nice.

3) I would like something with HD radio support. Seems like most stations are moving to HD and I can definitely notice the difference in quality.

I would say I would like to spend under 200$ if possible but if you guys have recommendations I could move up into the 300$+ range. Also I will probably have this installed at BB or something but that doesn't need to be taken into the budge account.

Finally, as an aside, when I get this done I was thinking about maybe getting some new 6x9's or something. Without an amp will that make a good noticeable difference.

I am not a COMPLETE car audio newb, but pretty darn close. I wish you could install them by just taking off a little bezzle and hooking up wires. But anyways I really appreciate advice if you have any.

Thanks
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page