AVH P5200BT Radio Filter Function - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need help not sure if any one has this unit Pioneer 5200BT Head unit

This unit has a High Pass Filter which is adjustable when i first received the unit
by me toggling with Hz from OFF to 50hz all the way up to 125hz i was able to distinguish bass levels the lower i went the harder the bass only had these unit for under 2 weeks but now for some reason its not making a difference when i adjust it im i doing something wrong ?
or did that feature get damaged ? i do have 4 speakers in the car connected to the head unit and a sub with a amp connected to the RCA sub cables form the head unit let me know thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Is the subwoofer turned on? On some models the high pass filter automatically shuts off when you set the subwoofer to "none" or "off".

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
actually yes its on i tried it on LP, off and HP filters on the amp same i ended up exchanging the unit same problem so im assuming its the the RCA sub amp wire which is iffy or the amp itself just bugs me that it was able to do that now it doesnt ,i have pioneer n kenwood inside speakers and the subs are sony xplodes with the sony 800watt amp not sure how exactly that filter works when its set on the unit if it passes thru the amp and if its even possible to damage the function on the amp its self when it gets the signal from the HU