IR wireless headphone help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My dad bought a used car with an aftermarket installed DVD player and two headrest monitors.

He has an instruction booklet in pigeon English that mentions an option to purchase IR wireless headphones.

No company name on the monitors, player, or instruction manual
The instruction manual has a logo on each page that says "DVD" over "video" the word "video" is in a gray squashed oval which looks like an eye slit.
One of the options on purchase was Wireless Infrared Earphones. There is a note in the picture of the headphone that says "Note: ach: 2.3/2.8MHz,Bch:3.2/3.8MHz."

Can anyone suggest a place to start? I tried an online store and they tried to sell me a new transmitter and headphones, but that was self-install and required splicing power lines, etc. Not a big deal for most members here but not something I really want my 70 year old dad trying to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you gotten any responses to this? We have this DVD player in our 2009 Kia Sedona, and I really need wireless headphones for the kids. I don't know who designed this silly DVD player, but when you put the screen down to watch something, the speakers face the front seats! *I* don't want to listen to their movies!