Car DVD help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2011, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a used F-150 with a TV monitor in the back headrest. In the console is the RCA connector which the monitor plugs into. Can anybody help me find a DVD player that goes under the seat, and I'm really unsure of how the sound will come out. Somebody told me I could use a wireless headphone, but wouldn't that require more equipment?

When I bought the truck, only the headrest tv monitor and RCA connector in the counsel was there. Everything else was gone. I did temporarily run a wire from the battery to the RCA connector to see if the monitor works and it does.

I had one guy offer to get me a DVD player and wireless headphones for $275
But if I could find the Underseat DVD player and figure how the wireless headphones hook up, I think I could do this myself.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Johnml@bellsouth.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the monitor have IR capability? Little LEDs that you can see through a clear or smoked lens? If so, the audio would go to the monitor, and the monitor would broadcast IR audio. And yes, for that you would need wireless headphones.

The other thing to figure out is whether or not it's somehow wired into the factory stereo, through an aux input or something. Could it be, or can you trace the RCA audio wires to the monitor?

As for a mobile DVD player that can go under a seat, there's a ton out there, just google "mobile DVD player." I'm installing a Myron & Davis setup in my Nissan Armada in the next couple of weeks, so I just ordered the M&D AD218.

Good luck.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page