WTB (4) hard core 18's: BTLs, Nightshades, Death Penaltys, DDs, HDCs, Level 5's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-10-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I loved my IB3s, they MOVED. They werent built for 3kW though. They sounded easy, unstrained, effortless. They played LOW, they played high, and everything in between. I love exaggerated 20Hz-35Hz though and I had to EQ the crap out of them to get it, and I made them stink if I played them too long.

My new subs are awesome, I can give them a lot more power and they dont stink. But they dont play as low beacuse they can't move as far. I also have these EQed the same as the IB3s and I have even less lows than I did with the IB3s.

My biggest problem is my alternator, I need to get my second one added. But, I am still after a different FR curve than what I have and having much bigger motors should give me the peak around tuning and dip around 35Hz-55Hz where these ones are just too loud at.

I need four and if the soft parts are in decent shape, I need a 2 ohm load ( so dual 4 ohm, single 2 ohm, or quad .5 ohm or quad 2 ohm)

If they need reconed then I guess it doesnt matter

KW, failed super hero

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page