Stuck on "Loading..." - Clarion + Sirius - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My new Clarion CZ501 is paired with a Sirius SCC1 tuner. It had been working fine for about 2 weeks. Now when I power on the radio and select the Sirius tuner, I just get "Loading...". Most of the time it will never connect. If I remove the faceplate and reattach, I have about a 50/50 chance of it working again. I have tried pressing the reset button on the receiver, that works for about 1 week, then I'm back to "Loading...".

Ideas? Ideas of where to go to get support? Clarion's support site is worthless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 AM

That I known issue with 2011 models, call Clarion. No firmware poted?

Charles
Old 07-04-2011, 05:46 AM

Rewrite firmwave. I bet it will help
Old 07-14-2011, 03:00 PM

clarion was not a wise choice mate
Old 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesj123 View Post
That I known issue with 2011 models, call Clarion. No firmware poted?

Charles
Well there is firmware posted, but the notes do not mention fixing anything to do with Sirius. I'll give it a try and see what happens...
Old 08-23-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossmann View Post

Well there is firmware posted, but the notes do not mention fixing anything to do with Sirius. I'll give it a try and see what happens...

Any luck solving this issue? It is happening to me too. What Firmware is your Clarion?

Sometimes it just says "Loading" when in Sirius mode and there is no music/sound. I can turn the unit OFF/ON once or twice and usually it begins playing again. Other times it doesn't work at all, then when I try it again later it works again. Also when I am under an overpass and the sirius satellite gets blocked out, the song title/channel disappear and "LOADING" appears, when reception is reestablished the music returns but the title/channel do not come back (just "LOADING") usually turning the unit on/off fixes this.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawaraf View Post

Any luck solving this issue? It is happening to me too. What Firmware is your Clarion?

Sometimes it just says "Loading" when in Sirius mode and there is no music/sound. I can turn the unit OFF/ON once or twice and usually it begins playing again. Other times it doesn't work at all, then when I try it again later it works again. Also when I am under an overpass and the sirius satellite gets blocked out, the song title/channel disappear and "LOADING" appears, when reception is reestablished the music returns but the title/channel do not come back (just "LOADING") usually turning the unit on/off fixes this.

Well that doesn't sound exactly my issue (the part about losing reception & then reestablishing it), but I did flash my CZ501 firmware with both files posted on the Clarion site. I did this about two weeks ago, and have not had the same issue since. Fingers crossed!!!! Sorry I can't find the paper I wrote down the old firmware numbers on.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 PM

I'm still having this "Loading" issue. I've found I can regain temporary functionality by resetting the clarion, although it's random for how long that lasts (1 day - 1 month).