gap-less playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-05-2011, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Are there any car audio players out there that can 'read ahead' to the start of the next track so audio files are played gap-less? WinAmp on my computers reads ahead to eliminate the 'dead air' that most MP3 or WMA files are padded with at the end but my car player doesn't and it's a bit annoying to hear the gaps in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Are there any car audio players out there that can 'read ahead' to the start of the next track so audio files are played gap-less? WinAmp on my computers reads ahead to eliminate the 'dead air' that most MP3 or WMA files are padded with at the end but my car player doesn't and it's a bit annoying to hear the gaps in the car.

Not that I have seen.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 9 Old 05-16-2014, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Almost three years later, still no car MP3 player that can play 'The Wall' without blank spots between the songs? eek.gif
post #4 of 9 Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Almost three years later, still no car MP3 player that can play 'The Wall' without blank spots between the songs? eek.gif

Head unit with screen mirroring
Android phone
Google Play Music app

DONE.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-22-2014, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you want gapless in your car forget about the car stereo manufactures, they don't care. they are working mostly on cell phone stuff.
You will be better off getting A Fiio X3 or Something in portable music players (not cell Phones) that will play more types of files and
they are way ahead on gapless playback.Just make sure the player and your car unit will hook up. My Fiio X3 is plugged in by line in or
headphone out depending on witch unit (Car) I'm using. I am yet to check out the new Pioneer , but will as soon as I get to the store that has one
hooked up.

Last edited by DeLaw; 06-28-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling
post #6 of 9 Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 PM

Update: Went to two top car stereo stores to look at the New Pioneer to see if it was gapless. They both
did not know what that was. The Mid price unit was all they had and it didn't work but did play 192-24bit flac files with a small gap in between tracks. They are checking to see if there is are will be a
setting to do this.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-06-2014, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaw View Post
Update: Went to two top car stereo stores to look at the New Pioneer to see if it was gapless. They both
did not know what that was. The Mid price unit was all they had and it didn't work but did play 192-24bit flac files with a small gap in between tracks. They are checking to see if there is are will be a
setting to do this.
I am running a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS which is the second best DVD reciever. I checked and it doesn't have gapless playback ability. Like you pointed out there isn't much dead noise between tracks. There is a feature called mixtrax which mixes your music like a dj using fades, and other sources effects. That will play the music without the dead space but you may want to demo it to see if you like it.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 PM

My problem is I already have close to 2,000 CDs and Albums loaded on a SSD that I have hooked up USB to whatever I chose to play it on. My Oppo 103 will play Flac and Wave in gapless and the New Pioneer SC-89 says it will play Gapless Playback for AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3. My SC-07 will not.The Alpine INA-W910 I have will not and can't even play Flac. To go back and redue all the files I have done will take to long. Most of my gapless playback I do Is done on a Fiio X3, but this has a 136GB limit. It is sad that it takes this long to fix a problem that should not have happened. If they would have done this to CDs when they first came out, everyone would have been laughing and raising hell at the sane time.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page