Avh-p3200bt - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I recently changed my stereo head unit in my car to Pioneer AVH-P3200BT. Problem is however that although unit works perfectly it do not recognize pioneer 12 cd changer. Previous unit Pioneer DEH-P4800MP did recognized that though. What would you see as problem? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
cable?Is it bad/continuity check the pins.
Make sure CD changer is powering up

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 5 Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Here's a few reviews of Pioneers iPod/iPhone connection cable and their Auto EQ Setup Microphone System. For some reason I couldn't start a new thread after being a member here for years. Sorry!

Pioneer CD-MC20 Review; I expected this Pioneer product to perform much better. I was hoping it would be of the quality of Audyssey's MultEQ XT found in some Alpine HU's. It definitely isn't in the same class. I am very familiar with auto eq systems from my Denon home theater as well as sound teching at my local church where we use the DBX DriveRack 260 Loudspeaker Management System. Both Audyssey and DBX have mastered Auto EQ technology.

I did the EQ process 5 times, twice at midnight to make sure no outside noise was captured. Each time the 7 min sequence produced the same results. The highs were ear piercing and very shrill. It did lift the soundstage, but it was unlistenable! Mids were hollow sounding and lacked any punch. The sub sounded disconnected from the sound stage and it was obvious the lows were coming from the rear despite both high pass and low pass crossovers remaining at 80Hz. I followed Pioneer's directions to the letter.

My vehicle is a 2011 Durango. It has amazing acoustics. The whole vehicle's inner sheet metal panels are dynamated at factory and inside panels are soft touch material. It's silent inside at highway speeds. When I manually eq to taste, using my Pioneer AVH-4300's controls, I can create a sound so real and lifelike, it's like being at the concert... lots of kick drum and bass punch, sizzling cymbals, perfect guitar and vocals.

With all that said, I have to give Pioneer a big fail for this Auto EQ System.

Pioneer CD-IU200V Review; I was very disappointed to find out after a lot of investigation that this cable only allows audio to be output through the 3.5mm mini jack. Pioneer doesn't tell you in their literature and it took a call to one of Crutchfield's excellent techs to determine this fact! They really know their stuff!

The 3.5mm mini jack is great for carrying the video signal but for some strange reason Pioneer chose the left/right audio portion of that 3.5mm jack to send the audio signal to the head unit as well. All new iPods/iPhones have an inferior DAC (digital to analog converter). The older models were much better. Because the audio file (MP3/ACC) transfer is basically the headphone jack output on the iPod, your expensive AVH Pioneer Head Unit doesn't decode the signal using it's very expensive and very high quality DAC. It basically amplifies the crappy iPod headphone signal! Music lacks punch, and is lifeless and sterile.

On the bright side, a direct iPod docking cable to the AVH's USB port will give you direct access to your iPod's MP3/ACC music files and it sounds great. Your AVH will still control the iPod and Album Art still shows on the AVH. Only problem is no video files will play.

Pioneer has to go back to the drawing board on this cable too. Why they couldn't have just the video portion go through the 3.5mm mini jack and audio go digital through the USB is a mystery!
post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Wanted to add to the above review of the AutoEq on the Pioneer. I own the 3300 unit that also offers the AutoEq function with the mic. I was very excited to order the mic and try it out in my newly installed system after experiencing the joys of Audyssey in my home theater.

It truly is terrible. Ridiculously overblown treble and bass that is immediately fatiguing to listen to. Even the built-in Eq presets sound way better than that garbage and I never use those (generally set it flat). I am truly amazed that someone at Pioneer actually found the AutoEq to be an improvement. Do NOT waste money on the optional microphone.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I don't think the Pioneer Auto Eq does any time delay / phase work like Alpine's Imprint or JBL's MS-8, instead it just generic "auto" graphic EQ but I could be wrong. I never messed with mine because for some completely unknown reason Pioneer requires the emergency brake connection (for watching video) to be wired up before Auto EQ will work. Well I never connected that wire because I don't watch iPod videos and at this point I'm not tearing apart my dash to hook up a mic that produces (from all accounts) terrible results.

Overall I'm over Pioneer... I'm switching to Alpine for my next install in the 350Z I just got. If it works well then I put the same deck (CDA 117) in my Dakota. It seems Alpine is one of the few companies that still makes radios with actual BUTTONS for changing radio stations! Everyone else (especially Pioneer) has switched to some silly iPod-like menu driven system. That's find for searching songs in a library but sucks when all you want to do is jump quickly to three digit Sirius channel while driving. I need to be able to change channels by feel, I can't keep looking at the display to see which menu I'm in.

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page