So I bought a new car and the guy put in... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-19-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I recently bought a used car and the last owner had done quite a few modifications to the car. He put in one of those flip screen dvd players and he stuck a subwoofer in the trunk. The response time on the disc player sucks, when I try to play a cd you can't start hearing it til like 3 seconds into it and you miss the beginning of the song. The radio on the device sucks too, I'm not getting any reception. I'm not a huge fan of the subwoofer either; I've always hated those guys that blast their music to the point you can hear the car vibrating.

I'll probably take out the sub and put back in the stock radio. My question is what should I do with the radio/sub? Do you think I can sell them? Where at and what do you think I can get for them? I think the sub is a 8-10" Kicker brand and I just know the brand of the radio is a Nitro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnut88 View Post

So I recently bought a used car and the last owner had done quite a few modifications to the car. He put in one of those flip screen dvd players and he stuck a subwoofer in the trunk. The response time on the disc player sucks, when I try to play a cd you can't start hearing it til like 3 seconds into it and you miss the beginning of the song. The radio on the device sucks too, I'm not getting any reception. I'm not a huge fan of the subwoofer either; I've always hated those guys that blast their music to the point you can hear the car vibrating.

I'll probably take out the sub and put back in the stock radio. My question is what should I do with the radio/sub? Do you think I can sell them? Where at and what do you think I can get for them? I think the sub is a 8-10" Kicker brand and I just know the brand of the radio is a Nitro.

Ebay

find out models

figure out prices and sell at whatever the market will tolerate.

prolly an amp in there as well powering the sub.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 4 Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I took the car to my cousin who's a mechanic at a Lexus dealership and he help me put the stock radio back in. He pretty much ripped out the other radio though and the wires are cut to hell, do you think I could still sell it as is?
post #4 of 4 Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
sure. Some people will buy anything. probably not a huge profit.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page