Information on remote starter for 08 Accord - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-04-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 08 Honda Accord EXL and I want to get a remote starter. Most places I have inquired are telling me that if they use the factory remote that came with the car i will run into problems, so I will need a second remote.

I have been told once the car is remote started the keyless entry shuts down so I will not be able to unlock and lock the doors from the factory remote. Apparently honda & Toyota have this for security. My option is to get a 2nd remote which will give me the same features my factory one does, but will allow me to use keyless entry while the car is started. I find it to be a major pain having to carry two remotes.

However I found one stereo shop that told me they can do some sort of bypass if i want to use the facotry remote, however it's not recommend b/c the range is only about 50 feet or so. I have to agree with him on the range because when I am in a parking lot looking for my car i have to be near it to be able to unlock it. Anyone know if there is a range booster or anything for the facotry remotes?

My remote is built into my key so it's not like I could just use one remote for everything I will be forced to carry two. I just need someones opinion on this. I am not sure if the person is just trying to sell me their system and another remote orif this is true. what are my options?

Thanks
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page