Powerful 4 channel amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What 4 channel amp (brand \\ Power rating) would you guys recommend me run to power (2) 6.5" Hybrid Audio Technology Clarus components in the front and (2) 6.5" Boston Acoustic Rally Series (RC 620) in the rear of my quad cab pickup?

2005 Dodge Ram Cummins 2500, Quad Cab Short Bed, 4x4, SB 3600, NV56, 35/12.5/17, Carli suspension, Amsoil 6080, Pusher horn, 2nd gen exh. swap, boost fooler, Smarty SSR, Dipricol gauges, HID's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I'm a fan of Kicker amps these days... they come with a birth sheet telling you the true output. Something between 75 and 125 watts a channel should be enough, maybe more (up to 200?) if you've got some serious subwoofers. Never listened them but I've read good things about those HAT speakers.

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I like the Sundown Audio stuff except they tend to be large. Great crossovers. I tend to stay away from arc as you can get the same amp cheaper. And by same I mean dang near exactly.

If small formfactor is a necessity, the JL and Alpine class D fullrange are hard to beat with the PDX and HD/XD lines.

Zed Audio etc.

Honestly just go to woofers etc, sonic electronix or millionbuy and put in your budget and look at the selection. Same at crutchfield. Remember that amplifiers have pretty much become a commodity. So get the power amount you want coupled to size restrictions if any along with budget and determine if a specific model/brand is your favorite. You should be happy.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 03:12 PM

Liked: 16
Sundown is great, but for half the price get this:

$200 with 145w x4 @ 4ohms.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...er-P900.4.html

Its a great little class D that you can fit almost anywhere and has great reviews. Can't beat it for a 4 channel with lots of power and options (and small.).
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page