Color distortion on GX9934 XO Vision Monitor - Videos and Pics included in thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I bought a 9.4 " XO Vision Roof Mounted TFT LCD Monitor Flip Down and had it installed by the recommended installer. After he installed it I got it home and had my kids look at it and they immediately told me the picture was weird. I looked at it a little closer and yes the colors look a little inverted or distorted and the monitor had wavy static lines when the engine was running. I took it back to the installer and he looked over it and fixed the wavy lines but said the monitor was defective because of the inverted colors. He sent the monitor back and they sent me a new one. I put the monitor back up like the installer had it using his same wiring and the new one is doing the same thing.
My DVD head unit is a Boss BV8850 Unit and works fine if I plug another Monitor in the unit directly. What are some things I can try to track this problem down? It seems the issue would be unlikely that it would be another defective Monitor. 

I contacted the place I got the Flip Down Monitor from and they told me "Ok I see what your talking about.

SO that was the issue with the first one?

I wish someone would have told me that before.

That is not a monitor defect. Its just a low grade monitor.

You need to take a different video source say from another portable DVD player, or even a house dvd player of quality.

The monitor is not the best monitor in the world, and neither is the BOSS dvd player. When you don't have hi fidelity video outputs, from the DVD player, the flesh tones can get overly saturated which is what your seeing. The monitor is not helping and neither is the DVD player. Try to connect the video outs of a hose dvd player into the rca video cables behind your radio, inless that monitor has direct video inputs"

I replied back and informed them that I did hook up another player (Xbox360) direct to it and had same issue. They offered to send it back out but mentioned that it is just a low grade monitor and recommended I might sell it and get another one.

What are some other things I can try because they told me I would have to pay the $20 shipping to send it back this time?

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page