Help - Samsung Galaxy S2 audio via ipod interface cable to pioneer head unit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, im just new here and looking forward to your help.
I have been making up a cable to play audio from my Samsung galaxy S2 through the ipod interface cable on my pioneer head unit.
For anyone who is interested - the theory is you can get an analogue audio signal from the Data+ and Data- ports on the micro usb in the Galaxy S2 by using a 619K resistor between the 'sense' and 'earth' which puts the phone into car dock mode.
So I have the cable all made up, one end plugs into the micro usb port of the S2 and the other is a female 30pin ipod plug the connects to the end of the ipod interface cable where your ipod would normally go. But I have a problem getting my headunit to recognise that an 'ipod' is connected to the cable, so the headunit wont switch over to ipod input mode.
My thoughts are that when an actual ipod is connected it feeds some kind of a signal back to the headunit to get it into ipod mode.
Does anyone know what it is that actually does the switching so I can trick the headunit into thinking a ipod is connected?

Your thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page