I need advice on replacing the headrest DVD players in my car - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A few years ago, I bought a Mercury Mountaineer SUV (I think it's an 08). I ordered it with the headrest DVD player option so the dealership put in matching headrests with the DVD players already in them.

For the last couple of days, both players have been having problems loading my DVDs, so I think it's time to replace them. The manual for the ones I own now say they are vehicle specific headrests with 7" LCD monitors and built in DVD players.

So now I have a few questions.

1. How can I make sure that the new ones I buy come with my vehicle specific headrests? I want the headrests to match exactly what I have now.

2. What's the best way to purchase them? Can I buy them online like from Amazon or do I need to buy them directly from an auto parts store?

3. I am looking for suggestions for which ones to buy. What I like most about the ones I have now is that I can put a DVD in one of them and set it to play on both screens, or I can put a separate DVD into each one of them and play 2 at once. I'd like that feature, plus maybe any other features newer models may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 56
If they need to be vehicle specific and an EXACT color match is wanted then your best bet is to go back to the Mercury dealer.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page